Black Bear Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$71
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$100
$127
$259
$229
Hampton.com
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$145
$119
Laurel Inn Condominiums(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$105
$179
$965
$913
Cancelon
All reviewsclarion innmade to order omeletsking suitehot breakfastnational parkwould stay here againcity viewfree breakfastthe room was niceindoor poolup to datethe main stripconvention centerliving roompigeon forgebalconycereal
Reviewed January 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Clarion for one night. It is an older hotel with signs of wear and tear. They really do try to keep it looking nice, it's just old. Pool was closed due to fire damage.
Check in was quick and service was good. Location was great, right on the Parkway. Parking was convenient.
Our room was small. The outside door to the balcony did not lock which was bothersome.
Being right on the parkway was great for convenience but it was rather loud. We could hear people talking and cars all night.
Housekeeping was friendly.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank SAU1985
ClarionGatlinburg, Front Office Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed January 16, 2017

My husband and I celebrated our vow renewal wedding here on NYE 2016. We stayed 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) and were using the hotel’s ballroom for the reception to our wedding on 12/31. Overall, the experience was amazing! We had some issues with our room the first night, but after talking with Andrew, everything was corrected and fixed for the second night. Robin went above and beyond helping me to plan this event. She was very responsive to all of my questions throughout the planning process and helped to ensure I had everything I would need for the big day! The wedding coordinator, Richard, was a nice gentleman who helped setup the morning of and ensured everything flowed throughout the night. The hotel was great in allowing us to celebrate past midnight (for the New Year’s celebration), and we loved getting to see some of the fireworks from the ballroom’s balcony. It was a beautiful reception! I would highly recommend them for both any wedding/event planning and also for their hotel. Being on the main strip in Gatlinburg with a balcony is a very unique and fun experience!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lkcooper90
ClarionGatlinburg, Front Office Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review about our hotel! We love feedback, especially hearing such positive experiences as yours. We are very happy that we were able to accommodate you and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2017

We have stayed at this hotel at least once a year for more than 12 years. First on our honeymoon and then every January since, except 2016. We have always enjoyed our stay and the hotel. This time was very different! I called a couple of days before to see if we could have a congratulatory message on the marquee. The first lady I spoke with was rude, sighing loudly after I told her we already had reservations. She told me she would ask the manager. I was told to call back Thursday to be sure no large group welcome would be on the sign. I called back Thursday and was told by a male that because it was a chain hotel, they could not put names on the sign. Are doing some remodeling, but not before it was desperately needed. The room decor and furnishings are the same as when we first stayed there 12 years ago. Looks like some work in the hallways. On Saturday night, I was in the shower (thankfully I didn't shampoo my hair) and the water turned ice cold before I could even rinse. I called the front desk and was told that this happens and I should wait 10 minutes and try again. I said so I should just stand in the shower soapy and wet and wait 10 minutes to rinse. I was rudely told no, just wait 10 minutes. I asked for maintenance to come check it and my husband was told the same thing and that they have this problem with rooms in the middle of the hallway. Totally unacceptable, especially for this price. I also found a dirty sock behind the bedroom door. Also, the indoor pool did not have water in it and we weren't told that when we made the reservation. Luckily we didn't plan to use it this time. Very disappointing stay. Great location and could be a really nice place, but needs a major renovation and education for front desk staff and housekeeping!

Room Tip: Apparently are doing some remodeling. Check it out first. If not updated or improvements in all areas made, stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan C

Reviewed January 15, 2017

This was our first time staying at this Clarion. The location is at the end of the strip, almost to traffic light #10. We had a city view with a balcony. This was not ideal because we like to leave the balcony door open for air. At night we could hear the people on the street yelling and cussing. We could also hear all the loud trucks and cars with the radios blaring. The room itself is tight (small) especially for more than two people. You do get a free breakfast but there are much better choices for breakfast in Gatlinburg. The Clarion is not a bad choice, it is just that there are better locations if you prefer quiet.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank George C

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

I'm sure this was a nice place once and could be again but currently it's in desperate need of refurbishment. The wallpaper was peeling in our room. There were mildew stains around the outside of the tub. The air/heat unit needs to be updated and thermostats added. Currently you can cut cool on or heat, high or low and have to get up and cut it off when you decide it's too hot or cold. I will say that the service was great. The complementary breakfast was very good as well. I hate giving a low rating when the service was so great but some updating needs to be done for the price you pay.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristina R
ClarionGatlinburg, Front Office Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017