Black Bear Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$130
$279
GardenInn.com
$281
$249
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$133
$129
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$108
EconoLodge
$189
Johnson's Inn(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
$937
Cancelon
All reviewsclarion innmade to order omeletsking suitehot breakfastnational parkwould stay here againcity viewfree breakfastthe room was niceindoor poolup to datethe main stripconvention centerliving roompigeon forgebalconycereal
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Well my last review of a hotel in Gatlinburg was about the Quality inn and the people who read it will understand , Any way this property is owned by the same company as the Quality inn , But heres the difference NO BITSY !! Well service here was above and beyond , check in was easy and polite , the room was clean and good location , Just no problems and no complaints , Breakfast was good and fresh and again just polite common courtesy from employees , So if I have my choice we will pay a few dollars more , not to be abused by the Bitsy at the quality inn ,

Room Tip: Balcony in front up high
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PETE K
ClarionGatlinburg, Front Office Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review about our hotel! We love feedback, especially hearing such positive experiences as yours. We are very happy that we were able to accommodate you and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

We were very disappointed with our stay this time around, we have stayed here many times in the past few years and this was the worst experience we have had. There was black mold in the exhaust vents of both air conditioners in the room, one of which made a very loud ticking noise constantly, and the other in the bedroom did not cool much at all. There were stains on the walls, sheets, and ceiling. There was a lot of dust on the curtains and valances. The fan in the bathroom did not work and was about to fall through the ceiling tile, the bathroom door did not lock, and the water had a strong bleach or chlorine smell to it. The door to the room did not even close completely and there was a constant mildew smell in the room. There were spiders and webs all over the balcony. Wifi was basically non-existent, I have to sit in the lobby in order to use the wifi to do work or use up my phone data because it would not connect for more than 30 seconds at a time. There was a chunk of mold or something that looked to be mold in ice from the ice machine in the hall. Parking was not adequate. I have stayed at much better in Gatlinburg for much less, you would expect top quality with the pricing this hotel has and that definitely is not what you will get. The property is dated and in desperate need of a remodel and much closer attention to basic maintenance and cleanliness. We wasted our points on this stay but still for the amount we had to use I am sure we could have had much better and we are very disappointed. I am finding that I am becoming disappointed with the Choice brand as a whole as of late. The breakfast was about the only highlight but then there is nowhere near enough seating in the dining area. We stayed in a King Suite on the 4th floor.

Room Tip: Just stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
5  Thank Sargehah

Reviewed August 20, 2016

This was a last minute booking so the price was great--- It is located at red light #10-- perfect for walking to everything, or catching the free trolley that runs until 11 pm . There are at least 10 great restaurants within 3 blocks and most of the Gatlinburg attractions, and 5 miles or less to several Great Smokey Mountain Trails. (Even though it may be 87 degrees at the hotel, you're at 70 degrees very quickly in the national park)
We didn't use the indoor pool.
Parking was weird and at an uphill incline.
The towels, sheets and cleanliness of the room were excellent. You can probably find newer and plusher, but nothing in a better location. In room safe, coffee maker, and refrigerator. Great WiFi.
We did think the breakfast was awful. They gave us a spoonful of powdered eggs, tube gravy, hard biscuit, hashbrowns and burned sausage-- yikes-- we didn't eat it.
I guess since they were so serious about having your room key card I expected more--I did make some toast and had some jelly on it.
At check out was the big surprise-- a $15 service fee. ( they told me about the $5. fee ) and when I asked if it would be Five( for one night) or 10 for that day and the next, they gave me a total -- since TN has very high taxes for tourism I assumed it was taxes. Nope-- one night was a $15 service fee that I would have considered when I made my initial decision.
We would stay here again because of the price and location.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SVtravelagent
ClarionGatlinburg, Front Office Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Located practically at the end of the main Parkway drag, this hotel is still within walking distance of plenty activities on the strip. Right across the street is the tram for Ober Gatlinburg. Hopefully the experience we had during check in isn't a constant issue for people. Unfortunately during the check in process, being it was booked over the phone, information was over looked causing problems with getting the room. If booking with Clarion about the pool in their hotel, please be advised that this pool is located outside the hotel itself inside a building to itself. When taking a shower, be prepared to adjust the water temp every so often, the regulators don't seem to work too well. Other than that though, it was an enjoyable stay, and a good chance that we would book there again, probably in person though.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe W

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

The hotel smelled bad and had automatic air freshners that made it worse. Our room was dirty, old and smelled. We were very dissatisfied. My son's socks were black from walking on the room floor. I would not recommend this to anyone. It seemed to have good reviews but very dissatisfied.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family