Black Bear Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$60
GardenInn.com
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
$199
$170
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$71
$109
$106
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Agoda.com
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$169
$972
getaroom.com
All reviewsclarion innmade to order omeletsking suitehot breakfastpark entrancewould stay here againcity viewfree breakfastthe room was niceindoor poolup to datebalcony overlookingthe main stripconvention centerliving roompigeon forgecereal
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here a few times the first couple of years the Clarion was open. We loved it because of the service, the rooms, the pool, the hot breakfast and the location. We only stopped staying here when the rates justifiably went up. Good motel, worth it.

Well...fast forward to 2014, and this will be our last stay here. I booked a great rate on AAA, and our family was super-excited to return here. Immediately upon arrival, I was greeted by the most rude front desk woman I have ever experienced at any accommodation (dark hair, glasses, scowl). I had asked for a Parkway view room because of the great views of Gatlinburg, and was told over the phone that we would have it, but discovered that we were on the back. When I asked her what happened, she told me, "Well, you booked on online thru Priceline and they just lie. We don't have any rooms on the front. They tell you anything." I told her, no, I called AAA and they made the reservation with me over the phone. She kept repeating, "No. You made the reservation on Priceline." She said it again and again, till I asked her why she kept saying that. I told her this was a pretty disappointing start at a motel we used to love. It really ruined my first evening because of her condescending rudeness.

The next morning we went to the really nice hot breakfast and were met by two very short-tempered ladies at the counter there. Must be the new way at Clarion Gatlinburg.

I will say that the custodial staff and renovation staff have been very kind and friendly. Perhaps they should move these nice folks to the front lines. Again, our last stay at Clarion Gatlinburg. Somewhere else from here on out.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank PastorCorey
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

The Clarion Inn & Suites Gatlinburg would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We apologize for your most recent experience at the hotel. We have immediately begun retraining with all departments and individuals regarding this issue. This is not the way of doing business at the Clarion Inn Gatlinburg. Our Reservations Manager will be contacting you within 48 hours to speak directly with you. Once again we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Other than the hard beds, the stay was great. Super close to an amazing trail through the woods and along the creek. The water pressure wasn't very strong. Great breakfast. Workout room was horrible. Only two working machines and no weights.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarah T
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

The Clarion Inn & Suites Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We appreciate you bring your concerns regarding the discomfort of the beds and exercise room to us. We were glad to hear that your enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as the full hot complimentary breakfast. We look forward to your next visit to the Smokies.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

At the back of the back of the back of the hillbilly tourist strip that is Gatlinburg, this jewel sits just at the foot of the Smoky mountains. It is easily walkable to all the main destinations (Ripley's, Sky lift, etc), but it isn't in the middle of it: so you get a peaceful place that is at the mountain and national parkside of the strip. The included breakfast was also very good!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

The Clarion Inn & Suites Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. The location of the hotel makes it very convenient to access all that downtown has to offer and still be right next to the mountains. We were pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the full hot breakfast. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Smokies.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have stayed at the Clarion-Gatlinburg once every year for the past few. I attend a seminar at the hotel and it is well worth it. The rooms have spectacular views and it is steps away from the shopping strip.
If you choose to take a scenic drive, this is the closest hotel to the Smoky Mountain Park.
The hotel rooms just need to be refurbished, but all in all, it is worth the stay!
I highly recommend!

Room Tip: The higher floor, the better!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

The Clarion Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and the beautiful views from our private balconies along with the location. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I did not experience any problems on my stay. Great Location, friendly staff, nice breakfast, and a heated covered pool. The price was reasonable for the season. Will stay again on another visit to the park. The room was on the backside of the hotel so quiet. The smell from the BBQ restaurant next door made my mouth water.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside away for the road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Black Bear Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

The Clarion Inn Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us. The location of the hotel does make it very convenient to access all that downtown has to offer. The Clarion strives to deliver the most excellent customer service and was glad to hear that you received it. We can't wait for your next visit with us.