Brookside Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Rainbow Motel(Gatlinburg)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)
Good 3.5/5
East Side(Gatlinburg)
Very Good 4/5
  • Free Internet
Parkview Inn(Gatlinburg)
1,211 results
All reviewswood burning fireplacebabbling brookbalcony overlookingthe riverbiscuits and gravyroom was spacioustrolley stopan older hotelnice poolfree breakfastfamily reunionclose to downtownhot tubpigeon forgestreamkitchenetteupgrades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The one really good thing about this place is the brook out back. That said, there are other hotels that back up to this brook - choose one of those. Our room was dark and dated, but even that would not have been a huge problem had we not had many other problems during our stay. The beds are just plain uncomfortable. We reserved rooms next to each other for our party and our out-of-state family members, and while we did get the first floor rooms we were promised, our other party was stuck up on the third floor. The office staff was none too friendly, and the breakfast room should be avoided at all costs. The thin, watery oatmeal in a crockpot could best be described as a sort of oatmeal gruel, and the attendant decided to argue with my 81 year old mother about this when my mother asked her why it was so thin. The bagel display was incredible... the pictures from the reviewer below are absolutely 100% legit, we were there for breakfast that morning and went to look at the bagels - 90 % of the bagels on the top row of the display were extensively molded, and a bug even flew out of the display when I opened the doors for a better look. I took 3 of the bagels on a napkin to the attendant to show her the gobs of mold on the bagels, and she continued to be extremely defensive towards us, even going so far as to bring in other employees of the resort and complaining about our complaints. At this point, the other employee informed us, "Oh, that's just yeast mold, that won't hurt you." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The health department seriously needs to check into this very sickening breakfast area. I could make this post longer, but why bother? Clearly the "Resort" chooses to accept this poor excuse for quality from its staff. I would make sure to steer VERY clear of this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank momtotwo39
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We ordered a deluxe suite. The room was terrible. It smelled awful and was not that clean. We tried airing out the room and sprayed fabreeze hoping it would be better the next day. The mattress was so uncomfortable. This angered me most because I called the hotel to specifically ask them about the beds. When I read some of the reviews, I was concerned about the mattresses. I was told they were renovating the rooms and the bed would be fine. We asked for a different room which they did comply. We took a regular room. The bed was a little more comfortable, but you could still feel the metal of the coils. We did enjoy the stream out back (in our non smoking room) until the tenants just below filled our balcony with cigarette smoke. The breakfast included "oatmeal soup" as my husband called it. The staff was not friendly. We will NEVER go back there again! We actually came home a day early. There are many nice places in the area to stay, don't waste your money on this one.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lbilbrey
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Thankfully it was only one night. When we entered the room, a pungent smell greeted us...Body Odor. We started a fire in the fireplace with a few leftover twigs from a previous tenant. That cured the smell for a while. The room was very dated and needed quite a bit of work. The breakfast room opened late and the rude attendant snarled at the guests as we walked in to eat. The oatmeal was watery, I have pics of the moldy bagels, and there were 4 biscuits (leftover from who knows when) left in the warmer. I can drink coffee from almost anywhere, but here! We left and vowed never to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andi63
Reviewed October 1, 2013

After reviewing reviews, I was unsure if I made the right decision in picking this hotel; however, I was so pleasantly surprised. Our room was somewhat dated, but it was very clean and nice. It had a fireplace, overlooked the stream that is well maintained, great place to take pictures of your children or even the family. The pool was nice-the whole family enjoyed hours of play time. Breakfast was as good as any continental breakfast I have had anywhere, better than most. The people were very friendly. The only bad thing I can truly say is there is no iron in the room and it is only a short distance from Pigeon Forge, but the traffic was time consuming during the day and evening. We definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Got the room in a package deal. The stream behind was awesome. Package said fireplace on porch but there wasn't one and I didn't call to ask about it since we were gone a lot. No Wi-Fi in the room but again I didn't miss it due to not staying in long enough to use it. Friendly check-in and check-out. Room was clean and larger than I expected. Jacuzzi was one of the older models with a regular tub with jets in it but it did the job. Breakfast was good with a variety of items from oatmeal to gravy & biscuits to bagels. Located far enough away from the main drag that we didn't get the noise but close enough that a few minutes drive got us to downtown. Really enjoyed the time away and the quietness of our room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple