The room had a fireplace, but even with the fireplace doors closed, there was a smoky smell all the time since it had never really been cleaned out from the previous time someone had used it. The place was being renovated, but none of the rooms available had been renovated yet. I think they were working on the conference center area first. All the people we met there were there because of a special deal through Groupon or Living Social, so I guess that was the only way they were getting any guests.Also, even though it advertised that all rooms had a balcony on the streamside, it was really like a roaring river.So loud that we had to turn up the tv to the max volume to hear it when we had the window open! Breakfast was in a small room with very limited choices: sweetened cereal, bagels, English muffins,biscuits/gravy, and fruit on the day that the "cook" was not there. We were all looking for something with a little protein, and finally got the "owner" or manager to make some scrambled eggs. Beds were clean, carpet was stained, and the tub had stains on it, or else it really needed a good scrubbing. The whole unit definitely needed renovation, but they should have a bigger crew working on it so that it would get finished faster, and have some "finished rooms" available when reservations are made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are City Close but Country Quiet. Brookside Resort is just 3 blocks from downtown Gatlinburg, 4/10 mile up on 321 at Light 3. When you're on the property, it feels like you're in the country yet a short walk to downtown. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops in front of the office. Most of our large rooms have private streamside balconies and wonderful amenities. Season after season, you will love coming back to Brookside Resort. We take great pride in Brookside Resort and in providing outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of amenities right here on the grounds. Brookside has a basketball court, Shuffleboard, a sun deck, BBQ Grills, 2 outdoor pools, a "River Walk" path along the river. Brookside provides a free hot continental breakfast offering the traditional Southern "Biscuits & Gravy", "Teddy Bear" waffles, hot oatmeal with brown sugar & raisins, a variety of cold cereals, pastries, orange juice, milk and coffee are available. Brookside Resort was built in 1931, 3 years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was declared and was once considered one of Gatlinburg's premier hotels. Brookside Resort over the years, has been through many transitions. The new management of Brookside Resort has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring back the exterior charm of Brookside Resort and now are facing the interior renovations with gusto and dedication. The towers now have 39" LED televisions, radio/alarms with phone docks, new carpeting and tiled foyers, Wi-Fi throughout the property, in-room safes, new linens, and many have remodeled bathrooms with much more to come. The staff at Brookside welcomes you to Gatlinburg!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Brookside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brookside Hotel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Motel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Resort Gatlinburg