Brookside Resort
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$71
EconoLodge
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
Free cancellation until 05/29
$132
$128
  • Pool
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $167/night.

Free cancellation until 05/30
$99
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/31
$194
$159
$149
$129
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Free cancellation until 05/31
$119
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/30
$119
$109
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
Free cancellation until 06/02
$139
$116
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$972
TripAdvisor
1,220 results
All reviewswood burning fireplacebabbling brookbalcony overlookingthe riverbiscuits and gravyroom was spacioustrolley stopan older hotelnice poolfree breakfastfamily reunionclose to downtownhot tubpigeon forgestreamkitchenetteupgrades
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The only thing preventing my rating from being poor was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Now, if they could somehow manage to get the staff to do a little cleaning around there, it might go up a bit. Staying at Brookside is like stepping back in time to the 70s, when I'm sure the decor and overall look of the place was in style. The room was spacious, but also not particularly clean. The paint was peeling, there were water stains on the ceiling, the microwave looked like it had never been cleaned, and it looked like somebody had taken a baseball bat to the refrigerator.
The vending machine area and elevator were disgustingly dirty, and even the lobby area left a lot to be desired in terms of cleanliness and decor.
It's a bit of a stretch to call this place a resort. I'm not one for fancy hotels and suites, and in fact most of the time when I travel I just look for a clean place to stay, as we spend very little time in the room, but I at least expect it to be clean. Most low-priced quality inns I've stayed in were cleaner and more upscale than this place. If they would at least clean the place up a bit, the 70s themed decor would not seem so bad. Even with a discounted Living Social deal, it was not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ASKY2012
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We purchased four nights from Living Social. I called to ask about reservations Katie was very nice and helpful. She told me all the info to get and to call back. I called back and talked to Millie who was short and not very nice when I asked about the renovations she said that the most of the rooms had not been changed or undated since she had been there (over 20 years) but they do have intentions to replace the carpet and finish painting a few rooms at some point. When we got there we were hoping for a charming, rustic experince. First off we got there at midnight in the snow to a key packet on the door because there was noone to greet us. We walk into a very cold room and although there is fireplace wood is only offered for an additional cost. What was said to be a hot tub was a dirty tub with jets. The room was just old. Everything was so aged it looked dirty. I would not recommend this no anyone especially people with smaller kids. I would not stay there for free.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Happy C
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed this weekend, It was bad. First we got there and the guy at the front desk seeemed like he didnt wanna be there, kinda bad attitude, but i was digging the lobby, Very Old school. They said breakfast was in the building we were in on the first floors. When you see where it's at it looks like a closet, like it might be skeevy. 3rd we get to the room, and it smells like burnt wood, granted it had a wood burning stove but after closed inspection it had very poor ventilation for the fireplace. The Closet door was falling off. The TV dresser had a tv on top, not in it so there was a big open area. There was food left in the fridge when we got there as was there cloths under the bed. I think thats about it. I dont think i'll go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Danny W
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We drove six hours, all the way from SC and arrived to the hotel after midnight. There was no concierge on duty and they left our key in an envelope on the front door. My husband tried to get into the room with the key and it broke off. No one was on duty to help and we ended up have to drive around until 2 a.m. Trying to find a room. When I called Brookside the next morning, I was informed by Milly Seaton, that since we were locked out we should have called the cops. She offered no helpful suggestions or for that matter no customer service as she laughed at the mention of giving us a refund. Thank goodness we didn't have our children with us because I can't tell you how awful it is to go around looking for a vacant hotel room at 2 a.m. in an unfamiliar city. By far the worst customer service I have ever received...WOULDN'T STAY HERE EVEN IF IT WERE FREE!

• Stayed: February 2013
8  Thank MLPB18
Denise T, Owner at Brookside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

I certainly want to apologize for the trouble you experienced. I don't know how your husband broke the key in the door - this is very unusual. Later while you were speaking with Millie, who has been Front Desk Manager for over 27 years, she was discussing with you what other guests have done while experiencing difficulties when the front office is closed - one option was phoning the police. In the rooms emergency numbers are posted. Please understand that in no way did she intend to offend you, she was merely discussing the situation - thinking she was having a conversation with you. Regarding your refund - because you bought a 50% off coupon thru Groupon, Millie had told you to call Groupon to get your refund. The reason being is that we didn't have a credit card Groupon has it. You can still phone Groupon to request a refund that information is on your Groupon Coupon. In light of the situation I would like to volunteer that among the many renovations we are making the door locks with the regular "keys" are being replaced with state-of-the-art proximity locks which should be installed within the month. Again, we are sorry and wished your stay had not turned out the way it did.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Huge room, complete with firewood for the fireplace, mini-fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, flat screen tv. Soundest sleep that we have had. No noise.. Room would get very dark at night. Maid came in during the day, and none of that early morning rounds and knocking on doors. Technically, walking distance to downtown, but it was quite a walk. Virtually all rooms overlook the brook. Egg casserole with bacon, cheese and potatoes was delicious. Good, strong coffee. Not many guests as it was off season.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple