The only thing preventing my rating from being poor was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Now, if they could somehow manage to get the staff to do a little cleaning around there, it might go up a bit. Staying at Brookside is like stepping back in time to the 70s, when I'm sure the decor and overall look of the place was in style. The room was spacious, but also not particularly clean. The paint was peeling, there were water stains on the ceiling, the microwave looked like it had never been cleaned, and it looked like somebody had taken a baseball bat to the refrigerator.
The vending machine area and elevator were disgustingly dirty, and even the lobby area left a lot to be desired in terms of cleanliness and decor.
It's a bit of a stretch to call this place a resort. I'm not one for fancy hotels and suites, and in fact most of the time when I travel I just look for a clean place to stay, as we spend very little time in the room, but I at least expect it to be clean. Most low-priced quality inns I've stayed in were cleaner and more upscale than this place. If they would at least clean the place up a bit, the 70s themed decor would not seem so bad. Even with a discounted Living Social deal, it was not worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are City Close but Country Quiet. Brookside Resort is just 3 blocks from downtown Gatlinburg, 4/10 mile up on 321 at Light 3. When you're on the property, it feels like you're in the country yet a short walk to downtown. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops in front of the office. Most of our large rooms have private streamside balconies and wonderful amenities. Season after season, you will love coming back to Brookside Resort. We take great pride in Brookside Resort and in providing outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of amenities right here on the grounds. Brookside has a basketball court, Shuffleboard, a sun deck, BBQ Grills, 2 outdoor pools, a "River Walk" path along the river. Brookside provides a free hot continental breakfast offering the traditional Southern "Biscuits & Gravy", "Teddy Bear" waffles, hot oatmeal with brown sugar & raisins, a variety of cold cereals, pastries, orange juice, milk and coffee are available. Brookside Resort was built in 1931, 3 years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was declared and was once considered one of Gatlinburg's premier hotels. Brookside Resort over the years, has been through many transitions. The new management of Brookside Resort has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring back the exterior charm of Brookside Resort and now are facing the interior renovations with gusto and dedication. The towers now have 39" LED televisions, radio/alarms with phone docks, new carpeting and tiled foyers, Wi-Fi throughout the property, in-room safes, new linens, and many have remodeled bathrooms with much more to come. The staff at Brookside welcomes you to Gatlinburg!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Brookside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brookside Hotel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Motel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Resort Gatlinburg