Great location about less than a mile walk to downtown Gatlinburg. We stayed in the King bed room and it was VERY spacious. We used our fireplace quite a bit but be warned a tiny bundle of wood is $4 and $2 for kindling. There was no door stop on our front door and there was about 2 inches wide open at the bottom. had to use a bathroom towel to block the freezing air from coming in. also no curtain in front window. just shades. need a curtain on that window for sure! bathroom was huge with a huge wirlpool bathtub. if your really old and can't walk well i don't recommend this room as my husband and I could BARELY get into the tub! VERY HIGH! maid service was horrible!! had to chase cleaning people down for towels and toliet paper! or go to the office to get it almost daily. great patio out back facing the river. that was probably my favorite part of staying here. amenities need updated badly at this hotel like microwave and utensils. continental breakfast was decent. bagels and OJ, coffee, biscuts and gravy and some sort of egg casserole and dry cereal and milk. some days we could get breakfast no problem other days they were out of most things. all and all we would stay here again. easy walk to downtown and being away from all the crowds was a plus. oh and lastly we did enjoy our kingsize bed very much! very comfy and the blankets were very cozy too!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are City Close but Country Quiet. Brookside Resort is just 3 blocks from downtown Gatlinburg, 4/10 mile up on 321 at Light 3. When you're on the property, it feels like you're in the country yet a short walk to downtown. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops in front of the office. Most of our large rooms have private streamside balconies and wonderful amenities. Season after season, you will love coming back to Brookside Resort. We take great pride in Brookside Resort and in providing outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of amenities right here on the grounds. Brookside has a basketball court, Shuffleboard, a sun deck, BBQ Grills, 2 outdoor pools, a "River Walk" path along the river. Brookside provides a free hot continental breakfast offering the traditional Southern "Biscuits & Gravy", "Teddy Bear" waffles, hot oatmeal with brown sugar & raisins, a variety of cold cereals, pastries, orange juice, milk and coffee are available. Brookside Resort was built in 1931, 3 years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was declared and was once considered one of Gatlinburg's premier hotels. Brookside Resort over the years, has been through many transitions. The new management of Brookside Resort has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring back the exterior charm of Brookside Resort and now are facing the interior renovations with gusto and dedication. The towers now have 39" LED televisions, radio/alarms with phone docks, new carpeting and tiled foyers, Wi-Fi throughout the property, in-room safes, new linens, and many have remodeled bathrooms with much more to come. The staff at Brookside welcomes you to Gatlinburg!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Brookside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brookside Hotel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Motel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Resort Gatlinburg