“Great location”
Review of Brookside Resort

Brookside Resort
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great location about less than a mile walk to downtown Gatlinburg. We stayed in the King bed room and it was VERY spacious. We used our fireplace quite a bit but be warned a tiny bundle of wood is $4 and $2 for kindling. There was no door stop on our front door and there was about 2 inches wide open at the bottom. had to use a bathroom towel to block the freezing air from coming in. also no curtain in front window. just shades. need a curtain on that window for sure! bathroom was huge with a huge wirlpool bathtub. if your really old and can't walk well i don't recommend this room as my husband and I could BARELY get into the tub! VERY HIGH! maid service was horrible!! had to chase cleaning people down for towels and toliet paper! or go to the office to get it almost daily. great patio out back facing the river. that was probably my favorite part of staying here. amenities need updated badly at this hotel like microwave and utensils. continental breakfast was decent. bagels and OJ, coffee, biscuts and gravy and some sort of egg casserole and dry cereal and milk. some days we could get breakfast no problem other days they were out of most things. all and all we would stay here again. easy walk to downtown and being away from all the crowds was a plus. oh and lastly we did enjoy our kingsize bed very much! very comfy and the blankets were very cozy too!!

2  Thank danajean
There are newer reviews for Brookside Resort

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed as a couple in a spacious king bedroom for birthday treat using Group-on booking; check-in went well; received 2 metal keys for room; had fireplace in room with no firewood; on creek side which was nice with small balcony; very much an older furnished room that needed updating; perk: small refrigerator, bar sink, and countertop; older, wall unit in room for heat and air conditioner; was very hoarse next morning which developed into week-long congestion; did not stay for complimentary breakfast; too cold and rainy to use outdoor pool or activities

Room Tip: If you do not mind vintage rooms, then the spacious rooms would be fine.
1  Thank pjean44
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This place got mixed reviews so I did not know what to expect but I very pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms very spacey and clean. Loved the private balconies with the stream running and the fireplaces in every room. The free breakfast was nice also. The biggest downside of the breakfast was that there wasn't very much variety. The breakfast casserole was nice but I would have loved to have a waffle maker in there for some "sweet" variety. It was the best hotel I have stayed in for the money in quite a while. It is an older hotel so for those a little "high maintenance" it may not be good for you but for the majority of everyday folks it was a bargain.

Room Tip: Always ask for a deluxe room, much bigger and all of them have wood burning fireplaces. (Bring your...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank fetwstephens
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Brookside is a wonderful place to stay. The king size deluxe room was large & really nice. It was an older room so the carpet & furnishing were not new, however, I feel that was part of the charm. :-) The fireplace, whirlpool tub & flowing creek (our balcony over looked the creek), more than made up for a room with new carpets. The free breakfast every morning was better than most hotels offer. Different cereals, gravy & biscuits, egg, bacon, cheddar bake casserole, bagels butter, jam, milk & orange juice. Now I think that's a nice, FREE breakfast!! The staff were very friendly. We enjoyed our stay & didn't want to leave. :-) We will be staying there again.

1  Thank Reba W
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am unhappy with whomever took our reservations. I called and made them for November 23 and 24, the lady verbally confirmed my dates,I wrote down the confirmation number and put it away until our travel time. Printed off the email, without looking at it, until the day of arrival. The lady put in the wrong date, she put down the date I called her as the arrival date. I talked to the manger and she stated that I was a no-show and had already been charged. She found me rooms , told me she would only apply half of the amount of the no-show charge to this stay, and charged me a different rate than I was originally quoted. I was in a tight spot as the other hotels were booked, this one had plenty of rooms. My complaint is that I should not have had to double check that the lady who took the reservation wrote down the dates she verbally confirmed. All my money should have been applied to this stay and I should not have been charged more than originally agreed upon for the beds I required for our stay. I think they are overpriced anyhow for the condition of their hotel. Also you never knew if the elevator was going to work. Breakfast was not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank myhonestopinion2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel left a lot to be desired. The room had a very musty smell, and it was very outdated, with very old mattresses, and ripping carpet. That being said, it was not a horrible experience.

If there was a redeeming quality to this establishment, it was their kind, and quick staff. We had a room that had a little patio on the back. Our first morning, we walked out onto it, not thinking left our keys inside. A phone call to the front desk, and it wasn't 5 minutes, a maintenance person was there to let us in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kingsrattler
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The rooms were the largest I have ever stayed in. Our bed was very firm but comfortable. I think it was pretty clean. The bathroom was small but clean and they gave us plenty of towels etc.
The coffee in the room was very good, much better than the coffee in the breakfast room. We went out for breakfast after we visited the breakfast selections. None of the toasters worked...have you ever had a cold bagel? Not too good. The hotel stated that they had a hot continental breakfast. Hope you take your own fire to heat it with.
Very good location. close enough to the main street to walk if you need to since parking there is a premium. You can always catch the trolley.

Room Tip: I would stay there again but would not waste my time with the breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family