I read previous reviews on this motel that were favorable. However, when we arrived with our pet to stay two nights, the room was "NOT" at all what we expected! We felt like we had stepped back into the 70's with the way the room decor was (paneling, furniture, etc).....but that was not the worse part. The carpet was absolutely filthy, the veneer on the front door was peeling off, there was a large rip in one of the chairs, the bathroom was dirty and there were water stains all over the ceiling. The only reason we are giving it a one star is because the view from the rear balcony was beautiful overlooking the stream. Also, we were supposed to have Wifi and kept trying to access it but keep getting a server error. We had to end up walking to the office lobby to use the Internet. Not once did we get an apology for our inconvenience, especially when we told the clerk when checking out that our accommodations were less than desirable. We are not sure if all of their rooms are this bad but felt because we had a dog, we were stuck in this sub-par room.
Please reconsider before making reservations at is place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are City Close but Country Quiet. Brookside Resort is just 3 blocks from downtown Gatlinburg, 4/10 mile up on 321 at Light 3. When you're on the property, it feels like you're in the country yet a short walk to downtown. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops in front of the office. Most of our large rooms have private streamside balconies and wonderful amenities. Season after season, you will love coming back to Brookside Resort. We take great pride in Brookside Resort and in providing outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of amenities right here on the grounds. Brookside has a basketball court, Shuffleboard, a sun deck, BBQ Grills, 2 outdoor pools, a "River Walk" path along the river. Brookside provides a free hot continental breakfast offering the traditional Southern "Biscuits & Gravy", "Teddy Bear" waffles, hot oatmeal with brown sugar & raisins, a variety of cold cereals, pastries, orange juice, milk and coffee are available. Brookside Resort was built in 1931, 3 years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was declared and was once considered one of Gatlinburg's premier hotels. Brookside Resort over the years, has been through many transitions. The new management of Brookside Resort has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring back the exterior charm of Brookside Resort and now are facing the interior renovations with gusto and dedication. The towers now have 39" LED televisions, radio/alarms with phone docks, new carpeting and tiled foyers, Wi-Fi throughout the property, in-room safes, new linens, and many have remodeled bathrooms with much more to come. The staff at Brookside welcomes you to Gatlinburg!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Brookside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brookside Hotel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Motel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Resort Gatlinburg