We are a family of four that was looking for a good deal on Priceline but I do my research first and narrow down what hotel with the amount of stars I am looking could be given to me. We booked for five days and I had read reviews before we arrived so I knew what to be expecting. I must say that the hotel exceeded my expectations. First, when we arrived at midnight I asked if we would be located in the pet section of the hotel (I had read reviews that said that was the older side and not very nice). The man at the front said yes but I explained that I could not stay where dogs had been do to an allergy in my family. The man at the desk (Rene) was hesitant but did move our room to the newer side of hotel. I was persistent and explained that we were there for five nights and not just one so it made a big difference. He did say there was a large difference in price but after some sweet talk, we were booked into room 116 on the bottom floor right next to the breakfast room. Please know Rene told me upon check in that there was a large motorcycle gang staying over on that side of the resort and I assured him we would be ok. The gang was loud and rowdy way past 1am but hey so we're my children. I was fine with it and even was mooned by one of the men through the glass elevator door...lol. I would assum that it was a special once a year trip for the gang and my husband looked up the gang on the Internet before we went to sleep to give us some pice of mind (they were just people who like to have fun with friends and they just happen to ride motorcycles). The room was large with two queen beds and it was mostly clean with a newish shower. The beds weren't too bad, my only complaint about the beds were that the bottom sheet kept coming off the bed at night when I slept. There was a mini fridge and microwave and a fire place with two older chairs and a table, everything is very old but it worked. After reading the reviews I thought the carpet would be sticky and gross, it wasn't. The carpet was dark and maybe a bit dirty but I wore clean white socks around the entire time I was in the room and they were not black when I removed them. The rooms air worked great. The creek out back was so nice and I tried to talk my family into going in it but we did not. I walked with the kids around the whole grounds and you can tell this is a very old hotel but it was rustic. It reminded me of the places my parents would stop at late at night when we took road trips (before computers and online reviews). The breakfast was mainly cereal and bagels, there were biscuits and gravy set out too. We only had the breakfast two out of five mornings, so it was fine, the coffe was good too. Don't go expecting a huge buffet it was homemade stuff. The pool was clean and my children ages 5. & 10 loved the pool slides. My husband and I enjoyed wine in the hot tub as well. We went to Gatlinburg to play, so we didn't plan on being in the room very much. The towels were clean each day when we returned and the beds and room were made up as well. I must say the best part of the hotel was that our room was so so very dark until we opened the blinds. It was amazing! We would come home at midnight each night, shower and sleep well past 11am with no destirbances (that is the main reason we only had breakfast twice.....(we missed it). The drapes are old and heavy, with our room facing the creek the way it was and with no front window the room was perfect for us. I used the landry room one evening and saw a couple working out in the weight room. The laundry room is on the older side and you need a key from the front desk to use it, 50 cents to wash, dry or buy detergent. The staff was friendly and efficient. This is a family run hotel not a huge chain. There are a lot of renovations that need to be done and I am thinking the family took on too big of a job for just themselves but I wish them luck. I would stay again if the price was right but I would want my same dark room:).The hotel is off the main strip so we had to drive and pay to park($6) but it was worth not doing the extra walking. The room keys were actual keys, which I thought was cool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are City Close but Country Quiet. Brookside Resort is just 3 blocks from downtown Gatlinburg, 4/10 mile up on 321 at Light 3. When you're on the property, it feels like you're in the country yet a short walk to downtown. The Gatlinburg Trolley stops in front of the office. Most of our large rooms have private streamside balconies and wonderful amenities. Season after season, you will love coming back to Brookside Resort. We take great pride in Brookside Resort and in providing outstanding customer service. We offer a wide range of amenities right here on the grounds. Brookside has a basketball court, Shuffleboard, a sun deck, BBQ Grills, 2 outdoor pools, a "River Walk" path along the river. Brookside provides a free hot continental breakfast offering the traditional Southern "Biscuits & Gravy", "Teddy Bear" waffles, hot oatmeal with brown sugar & raisins, a variety of cold cereals, pastries, orange juice, milk and coffee are available. Brookside Resort was built in 1931, 3 years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was declared and was once considered one of Gatlinburg's premier hotels. Brookside Resort over the years, has been through many transitions. The new management of Brookside Resort has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring back the exterior charm of Brookside Resort and now are facing the interior renovations with gusto and dedication. The towers now have 39" LED televisions, radio/alarms with phone docks, new carpeting and tiled foyers, Wi-Fi throughout the property, in-room safes, new linens, and many have remodeled bathrooms with much more to come. The staff at Brookside welcomes you to Gatlinburg!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Brookside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brookside Hotel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Motel Gatlinburg
- Brookside Resort Gatlinburg