“Awful thought I felt like I was in the twilight zone.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Brookside Resort

Brookside Resort
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Awful thought I felt like I was in the twilight zone.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Ok so for starters we switched rooms twice it doesn't help all of the rooms stink not just a little, the smell is horrible. The decor looks, like its from the seventies green bath tub and toilet to match.Stains all over, the carpet and to make, matters, worse were actually staying in a deluxe room . Funny to me cause it was more like a dump room. Beds were so hard, like sleeping on the, floor. It was awful this place should have been shut down years ago. Save your time and money.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Rockinsockzsince87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

This has been my favorite of all the hotels we have ever visited. The room was large and had an awesome view of the stream from our private balcony. The shower is a little short and the toilet was difficult to flush but it is the 'energy saver' type so that is understandable. We had an awesome time in Gatlinburg & we will be back next year to stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Msmama01
Ashland City, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I would love to say we enjoyed our trip to the mountains this year but that will not be a true statement. I won a eight night stay and a three night stay through WQSV AM 790 RADIO in Ashland City, Tn.. A month before and a week before and a day before we were to check in, Brookside confirmed our stay. After checking in and taking a nap I was woke up from my nap to have the manager and owner of Brookside telling me we were only staying for two nights take it or leave it and if I didn't like it I could check out right then. At that time I wanted to check out but I won and confirmed our stay so I just knew there was a mix up. When you have built your vacation around your plans and confomation numbers then told to leave by Brookside for they wouldn't honor a GIVEAWAY by one of their advertisers, will throw a curve in your trip. The only good thing I can say is the maids were very nice to us not like the owner and their managers. My family has stayed at Brookside since the 1970's and we vist twice a year. We love the settings there and the size of the rooms as well. It's true it's an older place but kept very well. The commodes refuse to flush on the first and even the second flush,it's hard to get the hot water set so you don't get burned in the shower. No coffe in the room no ironing board either. Again the maids were very good on keeping our rooms stocked and clean. It's true we will never stay at Brookside Resort again. They are just like a old poster that has faded, you know it's saying something but not quite sure what it is. Mark

2 Thank bearsbears
Sugar Hill, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We did not stay at the resort in the hotel accommodations, but we utilized the "Pavilion" for our informal wedding reception and our wedding cookout the next afternoon. It all worked out but the Pavilion is very old and very rustic. It would be an okay location for a true cookout for a family reunion or a church retreat.... however, not some place I would recommend for something as a wedding gathering. Not many tables inside to place food or gifts on, and still have a place for your guest to sit. The tables are the very old style 4 seater restaurant tables with red barrel style chairs. The air conditioner doesn't work real well at keeping the building cool. Everything worked out but I wouldn't be rushing back to host another event there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Plainwell, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel at least 6 times in the past.
Their location is their biggest asset, their rooms are not. It is an old hotel with new and old wings. We stayed there July 3rd and 4th 2011.
This visit, I brought my daughter and her two young sons. After moving the beds to make room for the roll away, I uncovered a large pile of dead bugs against the wall. Not just 2 or 3 but more like 30-50 of them, all over against the wall under the headboard.
The maids next door let me use their vacuum, but didnt volunteer to do it themselves. (So much for Tennessee's motto!)
Had to move beds once more and found yet another bug pile. This time, I took these to front desk. However, I had to cycle the door chime 3 times for the employee to get out from in front of the TV in his office. They didnt think it unusual to find dead bugs in room. Bottom line, bugs in room doesnt appear a priority to them.
Makes me wonder what kinds of critters housekeeping has missed on my prior trips.
For the price of this room, I will stay somewhere else and get clean room.

Room Tip: Check with locals, get referrals, done rely soley on hotels web site.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank kayak4ever
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Booked Brookside for a family reunion. Most of us had creek-view rooms. My room was on the 4th floor with a balcony, fireplace, kitchenette, jacuzzi bath, bar-style table and stools, comfy king-sized bed, sitting area... $90 per night. Cannot beat this anywhere!!!! It was a wonderful room, wonderful area, yummy breakfast included daily, and the pool is AWESOME. Huge sitting areas around the pool, with shade or sunshine. I will ALWAYS stay there when I go back to Gatlinburg. Thanks Brookside, you're great!!!

2 Thank Calypso4811
livingstion
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband,my three year old and I went to the brookside for a one night stay the lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. My little girl loved the pool and i tried to get her to play on the swings and slide but she didnt want to leave the pool the room was neat although a little dated but we were on the river and left the window open and listened to the stream all night loved it will be back to stay again lots to do there also.

Room Tip: rooms on right side a little far from pool
1 Thank christie2008