“Amazing Food”

Ranked #9 of 203 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I was recommended the food by the Old Time Photos lady who is from New Orleans. I have to say the food was AMAZING!! We had already had lunch but with the recommendation I had to get something so I tried the gumbo. It was perfect. Not too hot, but not too mild either. The flavor was out of this world.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Thought I would stop in and grab a hot dog for a quick lunch. The way it was listed on the menu, i had a question on it. The waitress was kind of sassy. She said it was two dogs on french bread. It came out actually one dog cut in half. At least she got the French bread right. With other places to catch a quick lunch in town, I do not think i will be trying this place again due to the waitress attitude and not knowing the menu on something simple.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were greeted graciously by the (very) young daughters of the chef/owner. I learned that they
were resettled from N.O. due to Katrina. Down to the brass tax: the ambiance was quaint, with restored antique pieces from N.O. The gumbo was solid. Not a roux. A bit too soupy for my taste, but good flavor. Crawfish étouffée was too watery/soupy, but had a very good flavor and not stingy with the crawfish. Jambalaya was flavorful, but again, something was missing,.... The paper bowls and plates with plastic ware are a bit off putting if you're a bit of a snob about that kind of thing. If the food were just a bit better, I wouldn't have cared if they served the gumbo in a tin can! Overall, nice family owned joint, friendly service. I can't wait to see how the daughters take it to the next level in years to come,....

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I love cajun food and had been wanting to try this place for years. We finally made it for lunch. The sandwiches were tempting but I went with the jambalaya and gumbo as I really wanted to try both. Since I was ordering two entrees I thought I will just get a cup instead of a bowl and have a little taste of both. That was stupid of me because if you look up by the cash register they have a cup and a bowl so you can see how big the portion is and trust me it is a lot of food. I hate to be wasteful but I could not finish them. The important thing is I got to try both and they were great. We try to go to places we have never been before when visiting Gatlinburg but this place will go on our must return list.

The restaurant is a small little place in the back of a shopping area. I would rather eat at a small local place like this over a chain restaurant any day. The service was great.

2  Thank Terrihav
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Excellent shrimp sandwich, mufalitta sandwich and onion rings prepared by grandma and granddaughter waitress, all very friendly. 5.00 sandwiches and fries for kids under 12.

1  Thank landyachty