“Cute Cabin”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
SEY0522
“Cute Cabin”
Reviewed May 22, 2019 for a stay in May 2019

The cabin was lovely; very spacious and open. We loved the hot tub and the pool table. It was a great place for a romantic get-a-way. The only issue was the driveway. Be sure to have an SUV and no long bed trucks! We mastered it, but might not have had there been bad weather. It was very nice with beautiful craftsmanship and a beautiful view.

Thanks for the memories!

Date of stay: May 2019
Bojangles...
“Beautiful retreat!”
Reviewed April 5, 2019 for a stay in March 2019

Stayed for 5 days. Cabin was absolutely beautiful, the wood was gorgeous. We were on top of everyone else in the area! The drive was not super scary, the only hard part was the driveway but it was manageable. I would highly suggest this cabin! Anita was great!

Date of stay: March 2019
mcflynt91
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Perfect First Anniversary Trip”
Reviewed March 8, 2019 for a stay in October 2018

My wife and I stayed here last October for our first wedding anniversary weekend. It was an amazing weekend. The cabin and the surrounding area is just gorgeous. It was rainy the first day or so we were there, but when the sun came out, the views of the surrounding mountains were just breathtaking.

Although both billiards novices, we played easily 20 games of billiards over the course of the three days. The hot tub was just amazing and the outdoor fireplace placement right next to the hot tub is beyond genius. The ability to get out of the hot tub for a few, without having to go inside was really nice on cool/cold late October nights. While not completely secluded, the privacy of the location and natural surrounding landscape was also a great plus.

If I have to say anything that was 100% phenomenal. The cookware in the kitchen is nice, but is nothing fancy. We brought our own waffle maker (because who doesn't want bacon an waffles on their anniversary trip). Don't get me wrong, all the essentials are there in the kitchen. Also, the driveway is steep. Legit. No joke. We rented a Nissan Rogue for the trip and I'm glad we did. It is a little scary, but word of advice, use a lower gear to climb (4WD/AWD) if possible. I learned that the second time we climbed it, when we came back from Food City. Also, since it was just the two of us, with one vehicle, we parked at the "landing" where the driveway takes that sharp turn. We preferred that over getting back down the second little incline.

Speaking of Food City, there is one that is a short drive away and has everything you could need. Also easy to get in and out of. Although, for all the non-TN residents, like us, per the signs in Food City, at that time, no wine sales permitted on Sunday in TN. Thankfully, we bought our bottle(s) on Friday night. Also, there did not appear to be workable cork screw in the cabin and we did not pack ours. So we bought one and left it there for any guests after us.

All in all, you cannot beat this cabin for a relaxing, secluded, romantic getaway. Everything was clean and well maintained. I cannot say enough how much we truly enjoyed staying here for our first wedding anniversary. The location, the cabin, the hot tub, the views, all of it, just...well..perfect. Definitely recommend and will be staying again in the future.

Date of stay: October 2018
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
David C
“Perfect get away cabin”
Reviewed July 14, 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

The cabin was very clean. Saw 1 spider, but I expected bugs. Its a cabin in the smokey mountains after all. It felt pretty private. There are a couple neighbors, but I never heard them. It felt very secluded. While being 10 mins from downtown Gatlinburg. Other reviews talked about the drive way being difficult. I did not think it was that bad. It was steep, so in snowy weather it would be impossible to make it up. I also saw reviews talking about the grill being in poor shape. This is not the case. There was a brand new, cemented in, park style charcoal grill. The cabin has an open floor plan, its small, but open and roomy. Its very well decorated with no clutter. The hot tub was clean and oder free. We saw a bear on our second to last day! Over all I had a fantastic stay. Gatlinburg was amazing and eventful. The cabin was everything I wanted. I would absolutely recommend, I will definitely be back as well.

Date of stay: July 2018
Management Response
Aug 14, 2018
Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Bearly Naked for your Smoky Mountain vacation. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and welcome you back in the future.
Anita
Weldon W
“A good getaway spot, if you are fully informed.”
Reviewed June 14, 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

The Good and the Great:
The booking confirmation was very quick from Anita, the property manager. We booked through TripAdvisor in the late evening and there as a confirmation in my email the next morning. This is the second time I have stayed at a property that uses electronic keypad locks and I LOVE THE CONVENIENCE! We were emailed the door code shortly before arrive...no need to check in, and we just locked up and sent Anita an email when we departed.

First and foremost, this is an adorable and cheerful cabin, perfect for the couple that wants to get away for a weekend...or longer. It is an open, airy, and bright floor plan with lots of big windows. Zero Traffic Noise, and you are surrounded by magnificent trees and foliage. We were there 5 days and 4 nights...I wish we could have stayed an entire week.

One big room downstairs, plus a half bath with washer/dryer. The kitchen is more than adequate, pool table, nice leather couch, TV, fireplace, and a bar height dining table..plus the downstairs opens to a small deck that’s perfect for breakfast in the morning.

The upstairs bedroom is open to the downstairs. A king bed, dresser, big jetted corner tub in the bedroom, plus a full bathroom, with a small shower. The bedroom opens to nice balcony, that has a gas fireplace (not working this time of year), a hot tub, and a couple of comfy chairs. The upstairs has big windows, with great views...and lots of sun in the morning. I think there is only one property further up the road, so there is virtually no traffic past the cabin. Out every window you see huge trees.

The cabin was clean and the ready for us, looking virtually identical to the pictures, except the Bear on the pole now lives downstairs. Great linens and a good mattress that is not rock hard, but firm enough for good support. Lottttttttttttttttts of pillows on the bed...I’m sure women appreciate this.

We also saw a Black Bear cross the road as we left the cabin one morning.

The Mixed:
The hot tub was very clean and the water crystal clear, with new disinfection tables in the dispenser, and the controls worked perfectly, but the hot tube had a section of water jets that did not work. This only impacted one seating position in the tub...not enough to be a big deal, but it bothered me because this was also noted in another review from Oct 2017. That, plus a few other minor things around the cabin, makes me think maintenance is not a priority.

The cabin is not as isolated as the ad makes it sound. (You will see this mentioned in other reviews). The balcony is reasonably private, although there is a neighbor immediacy across the street, at a lower elevation, that has a view as you walk in/out of the door onto the balcony...just wear a towel when you walk in\out. The big, low window over the corner bathtub also faces that neighbor, so my wife kept those binds drawn...detracting from what could have been a beautiful view while taking a bath. Due to the elevation, once you are in the hot tub or the bathtub, you have great privacy! The neighbors are close enough for you to hear normal conversations from their deck...which means they can hear your conversations and whatever is going on in the Hot Tub. There is another cabin fairly close cabin that is completely obscured by trees. From within the cabin, you will not see the other cabins, except from the window over the bathtub, so keep the binds drawn...or not :) .

The living area, kitchen and bath were all pretty much spotless...better than the vast majority of the Hotels I have stayed in (and I travel for business multiple times a month). The closets fell way short of the standard seen in the rest of the cabin. The upstairs bathroom closet, the downstairs bathroom closet and the closet under the stairs all had junk, old AC filters, abandoned decorations, and the like in them. I guess you could have hung your cloths in the upstairs bathroom closet. Nothing in these closets appeared to be routinely used cleaning supplies....all that stuff needs to be cleaned out to provide a space guest can use.

If you plan on staying in the cabin, and not going out to eat a lot or do many activities, I would rate the location as ideal. If you plan on eating out every meal and making lots of trips to town, the combination of the driveway, winding indirect narrow roads, and the drive time to Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge could get old after a few days.

The Not So Good:
We booked and paid through Trip Advisor, largely for the payment protection...which ended up being false security. Even though we paid in full through trip advisor, the property manager demanded our complete credit card info for “potential damages”. This was not disclosed until after we have made the payment to TripAdvisor. Just to be clear, we did not have any payment issues or any problems with the property manager or cc charges...it was just unexpected , since we had paid through TripAdvisor.

This is not a cabin for people with arachnophobia! I killed a big brown spider within 10 minutes of entering the cabin...it crawled onto my wife’s shoulder as soon as she sat down on the sofa....that is not the best first impression. Every morning, the first person down the stairs was guaranteed a spider web in the face. We swatted several long legged spiders on bed and nightstand.

The WiFi was out when we arrived. Anita did have it fixed by the evening of the second day, but that is a day too long in my book. It was not a simple issue of rebooting...we were provided a device name and password that did not match the device in the cabin, and the device did not appear to be authorized by the service provider. (It is possible it was a recent replacement for a malfunctioning device or some similar reason.) It is a Myfi type access point, that when working, was great sitting on the couch or kitchen table, but it did not have the range to let you connect reliably from the upstairs balcony. Internet access was important in our lodging choice because 6 days a week my wife must approve bank transactions early every morning, via her computer (regardless of being vacation or not). It’s a long drive to the nearest McDonalds to do a 2 minute task or to upload the vacation photos you took.

Despite all the beautiful windows and views, there are no windows screens on most of the windows (only the kitchen window had a screen). The days needed a little ac, but the nights were upper 50s, and we would have loved to have slept with the windows open, to enjoy the fresh air and forest sounds.

The amenities list a grill. There were in fact three charcoal grills stacked at the end of the driveway, but none were usable for use without repair work or major cleanup. Two were dilapidated beyond use (one with no grill, the other with no bottom) and the third was beyond disgusting and would have required a LOT of work before using. (There is an Oct 29, 2017 review that shows they have been the state for some time.)

We were expecting a great view of the Smoky Mountains. There are lots of windows, and all have a great view, but it is an up close and personal view of the woods, i.e. big trees that are close to the cabin. You could just barely see the tops of a couple of distant peaks, but even that was through dirty upper windows. The balcony and hot tub views are strictly the surrounding trees.

The driveway was truly terrifying. My wife would only drive up it once, and would never drive back down. She was scarred every trip, even though she was not driving. It is extremely steep and has a blind 90 degree curve that taxed the turning radius of our small car. At the very least, this need additional reflective markers so you are not making the turn completely blind.

Overall:
This is a nice cabin, that could be GREAT, with just a little extra maintenance and attention to detail. Individually, everything in my “Not So Good” section is relatively minor, but combined, they add up. This took us from what should have been a “GREAT” experience, down to an “OK” experience. Even with this issues, this is much better than staying in a thin walled hotel, in the middle of a tourist area.

Would we book again? Good question. Since I hate the gamble of the unknown, I probably would, unless someone I trusted gave us a shining review of a different cabin they had personally stayed in. ..but I’d defiantly ask if the exterminator had been there recently.

Date of stay: June 2018
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
SUNSHINEL...
Pacific, Missouri
“Anniversary weekend”
Reviewed May 2, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed 3 nights for our anniversary. The cabin is very cute. The only disappointment was that the outside fireplace was not working. This was the one thing that set this cabin apart from most and a deciding factor in which one we booked. The owner came out to try and get the pilot light to work but was unable to.
We knew ahead of time that the inside fireplace wouldn’t be functioning this time of year.
The hot tub is very nice and is situated so that you can see the moon while sitting in it at night.
The driveway is quite intimidating! It took us a while to get the nerve to drive up it. It not only is very steep but at the top there is a 180 degree curve. After we did it a couple times we got used to it.
The cabin is only a few miles from town and a trolley stop. There also is a grocery store close by.

Date of stay: April 2018
TRa B
“Best vacation ever!”
Reviewed March 23, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Loved the cabin and the scenery around us! Had tons of attractions near us to visit! Definitely would stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2018
Management Response
Apr 3, 2018
Thank you so much for staying with us in the Smokies! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you back here at Bearly Naked with us again soon.

Best wishes to you!
Anita Foster
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing