“Awesome Getaway”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Anderson...
“Awesome Getaway”
Reviewed November 1, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My wife and I needed to escape life for a few days to recharge and relax. It was our first vacation since our oldest was born 5 years ago and we could not have asked for a better place to stay. This cabin was very cozy and tucked away. The sound of "quiet" was beyond blissful and we were far enough from the hustle and bustle we only saw 2 other cars our entire stay. I will say the driveway is intimidating the first time you use it, but you get used to it and it becomes a daily thrill. Everything about this cabin is great. We loved playing pool, the hot tub, and the fireplace was nice. We would definitely choose this place again and recommend it to other couples wanting to just "runaway from it all."

Anderson,

So glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us at Bearly Naked. I appreciate you taking the time to same some nice things about your stay. We would love you back here with us in the Smokies in the future.

Best wishes,
Faith N
Walterboro, South Carolina, United States
“Decent cabin stay”
Reviewed October 29, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

We stayed here the week after yakininthesun and have to agree with a majority their points. This cabin is beautiful. The decor was perfect for it and all the wood work was lovely. I loved admiring it all. I have a few things I want to point out, so it is expected by the next person staying there. First, I had no idea we'd be so close to another cabin (thankfully we had our privacy on the deck but outside at night, we could hear them constantly and their full conversations as they were quite loud and it traveled.) The hot tub was nice but half the jets didn't work. After being in it about 20 minutes, a disgusting film appeared on top. I've never been in one so I'm not sure what caused it (we washed before getting in, just to be safe) but we got out right afterwards. The fireplace beside it smelled very, very strongly of gas. After sitting by it awhile, I got a migraine and had to go in. The inside fireplace did not have this issue at all and was very enjoyable. The driveway is very steep, steeper than I imagined. We brought our truck and my husband is a truck driver for a living so it didn't bother him a bit. Me, on the other hand, it spooked me and I refused to drive up it. We had a DirectTV guy come in the middle of the day, when we were washing up and ready to head out for the afternoon. He beat and beat on the door and had us a little concerned about if he was legit or not (Anita later confirmed that he was and apologized for him coming up and bothering us.) We had dogs and raccoons visit us as well. The raccoons were fine, didn't disturb a thing. The dogs barked and barked and barked one of the nights (thankfully they didn't return, I'm not sure who they belonged to.) The bathrooms were adequate, you could tell the water has overflowed in there a couple times (floor damage) but not overly noticeable. The Jacuzzi tub was very comfy and almost all of the jets worked in it which was nice. We brought charcoal for the grills to cook steaks one night but one was a gas one that had been dismantled partially so it wasn't usable, one was filled with burnt charcoal that no one dumped and the other 2 were beyond disgusting and would have required cleaning we couldn't do as we only brought basic grilling utensils and a small brush. We didn't even know where we'd be able to dump the charcoal had we used it so we skipped cooking out there like we planned. We've never stayed at a cabin before, my husband loved it. His only gripe (besides the hot tub which we both agreed on) was where the pool table was. It was so hard to play a game without hitting the wall or the window with your stick. We finally quit for fear of damaging something. I enjoyed it but for what we paid, I also agree the cleaning list was a bit long (we didn't have too much to do, however, as we ate out most of the time due to the charcoal situation.) I guess I'm used to hotels which is on me, not the cabin owners. I am almost positive we had a cleaning cost to pay in our price so I didn't expect quite as much to do. I don't think we'd stay here again (just because its more than we usually ever pay when we go out of town) but we did have an enjoyable anniversary/vacation here. I also noticed lots of others really, really enjoyed their stay here (both by reviews and the guestbook that was on the property.) I am not trying to nitpick at all. These are just some of the things I'd have liked to know ahead of time (which I'd have only known by other reviews.)

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
yakininth...
Florida
“Nice Cabin”
Reviewed October 21, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

Like most mountain cabins,the driveway is the first thing you see.Very steep,with a sharp 180 degree turn half way up.We got used to it,but wouldn't recommend going in a large vehicle like we did.The cabin is very nice.Cozy.Our host,Anita,was very accommodating.She has a dozen roses and a bottle of wine waiting for us as requested.Even took the time to make a rose petal heart on the bed for us.
The cabin is needing a little maintenance.neither tv was working.Anita brought out a new tv for upstairs,but that did not solve the problem.We eventually had a working tv.The hot tub only had half of the jets working,the outdoor fireplace wasn't burning properly and we could smell propane,plus the timer would not shut off.so many rules in regards to how we were to leave the cabin.All dishes to be washed and put away in their proper places.Well,maybe leave a new sponge to wash with? Instead of one that looked like it has been there since last year.Take out all the trash,make sure all towels are left in the shower or tub.If you use the tub,be sure you wipe it down and remove any soap ring.Then leave us an envelope to tip the house cleaners! Sorry,I'm paying almost $1000 to stay here,on vacation.I didn't come here to clean your cabin.Maybe the house cleaners should do that part,and I might have left them a tip.judging by the cobwebs all over and the dust,they must simply wash the towels and change the bed sheets and they are done.
don't get me wrong,it is a lovely cabin and we were vert comfortable there.I think perhaps Anita had a few too many properties to keep up with and it is beginning to show.I would go back again,in hopes it might be in a little better shape.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jan 3, 2018
Thank you for choosing Bearly Naked for your honeymoon. It was a please to meet you both and I so glad you liked the way we staged the cabin for your arrival.
Please accept my apologies for our uncooperative Direct TV. Because of where the cabin is located ( in the mountains, in between many trees), reception can be poor at times. Direct TV has placed the dish as far up on top of the cabin as possible, and we still have issues. Direct TV as since, placed the dish on the deck and we have cut down some trees to get better reception.
As with any hot tub, each are have different functions etc. The jets in this hot tub need to be turned clockwise in order to work. I'm so sorry we did not have instructions for use posted for you. We have also done that for our future incoming guests.
Gas fireplaces can have some gas smell from time to time. We were not aware that the timer wasn't shutting off properly. Had we known that, we could have replaced it when we brought up your new TV. With that being said, the timer could have been turned off manually when you were finished using it.
We take pride is providing a home that is safe, clean and comfortable for our guests. Your cabin was professionally cleaned and inspected by me prior tp your arrival. We do expect our guests to respect our home as they would their own. Yes we did ask that you clean up after yourselves by placing dishes in the wish washer and turning it on as an extra precautions against ants, roaches etc. Removal of your trash from the cabin and placing it in the trash receptacle which is a few steps right outside the front door is standard protocol for all rental companies. Placing your dirty towels in a shower or tub lets the housekeeping know that they are used. We prefer not to have our towels left on the floor so that they will not be used as door mats. This is unsanitary and can leave stains that are impossible to remove.
We do not at any time ask our guests to clean their cabin upon departure, just to clean up after themselves which is common courtesy.
I did want to point out that your husband left comments in our guest book and he was very happy with his stay and had no complaints.
So sorry you did not enjoy your stay
We would love for you to stay with us again and give us a chance to make it up to you. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many blessings ,

Anita
purplesun...
Maineville, Ohio
“Amazing cabin!!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We cannot say enough about our trip to Gatlinburg!!! The bearly naked cabin was PERFECT for us! The cabin was clean & beautiful. Gorgeous views & loved the hot tub! We would recommend this cozy getaway to everyone! Thank you so much Anita!! We will definitely be back

Nov 29, 2017
Thank you for staying with us at Bearly Naked! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share some great things about your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you and would love to have you back here again in the near future!

Best wishes,
Reviewed October 19, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Nov 29, 2017
Thank you for staying with us at Bearly Naked! So great to hear you enjoyed your honeymoon with us. It was truly a pleasure having you and we would love to have you back for years to come!

Best wishes to you and your new marriage!

Reviewed September 30, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Oct 17, 2017
Thank you for staying with us in the Smokies! I really appreciate you taking the time to say some nice things about your stay with us and we can't wait to have you back here with us again soon!!!

Many blessings,
Jacob K
Macomb, Michigan
“Perfect relaxing getaway weekend”
Reviewed September 19, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Quiet location in the woods and away from town. The cabin was clean and just as described in the listing. We would stay at this cabin in the future.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Oct 17, 2017
Jacob,

Thank you smfor staying with us at Bearly Naked and taking some time to say some things abiut your stay. It was a pleasure to have you and we'd love to have you back here again soon!!

Many blessings,
Anita Foster
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing