“Fantastic pizza and chocolate chip canole!”

Big Bear Pizza and Subs
Ranked #104 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Fantastic pizza and chocolate chip canole!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The visit to Big Bear didn't start off too well with a screaming kid (who was as loud as a Big Bear) serenading us for the first 15 minutes. However, the staff made the annoyance right by delivering a free order of chees-stuffed bread and an apology which was not expected and a pleasant surprise. We ordered a large pizza half my way (I think Frescan?) and half her way (Meat something?) and both halves were equally delicious because our tastebuds won the battle with our stomachs and we finished the pie along with half the cheese bread and a pitcher of flavorful IPA beer. Unfortunately, this left no room for the canole but we enjoyed it later that night. Excellent, friendly service and delicious food.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Tom T

Augusta, Georgia
“And to think I almost went to one of those national chains”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

You have to try this place out if you are a pizza lover and are staying in Gatlinburg. The cheese and sauce on this pizza was phenomenal. And did I mention it is very reasonably priced.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Derrick M
Louisville, Kentucky
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We ordered four large pizzas.. the pizza was wonderful, service was fast. Would eat there in the future.. Try the chicken, bacon, ranch pizza.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jessica R
Louisville, Kentucky
“Largest delivery radius in Gatlinburg; extremely useful!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Big Bear Pizza is your answer if you're tucked away in the mountains, travel-weary, and need some grub.

Arrived at our cabin in Cobbly Nob resort, just outside of Gatlinburg, on Super Bowl Sunday 2014 and my wife and I were exhausted. We were staying about 15 miles outside of town and really didn't feel like going back out to make the drive down for food. We honestly didn't think any pizza place from Gatlinburg would come all the way out to us, but checked around a few places anyway hoping we'd get lucky. Papa John's literally laughed when I asked them. We completely skipped Geno's due to poor reviews about low food quality and bad customer service. Then, when found Big Bear. Salvation!!!!!

The lady on the phone was really nice, patient as she gave us a rundown of the menu, and assured us they did in fact deliver to Cobbly Nob which was music to my tired ears. There was a minimum order limit of $25 which I completely understood. It's a long way for them to go to get to your cabin if you're staying up there. We ordered an x-large pizza with pepperoni and extra cheese with some wings and a 2 liter of soda. They politely asked me to give them a bit due to them being busy from Super Bowl and also the distance they had to travel, which was easily understandable. Still, they made it to us in under an hour and the food was hot. I was so happy and relieved I tipped the driver $20.

The pizza was just fine. I had read a couple reviews where certain folks had said the food wasn't exactly their 'cup of tea' and so on. It was hot, cheesy pizza and wings brought to us in the middle of nowhere. What's not to like? Thank you Big Bear for bailing us out! Highly recommend!!!

(menu on website, linked)

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Jason_Sea_1980
“Great food and delievery!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I ordered the cheeseburger and fries... the burger was awesome but the fries was a little disappointed as they were baked.. LOL if I had known they would not have been ordered... the cheeseburger was very very good and hot when it arrived. so good my hudband and 3 kids all ordered bacon cheeseburgers and gobbled them down fast. prices are excellent 5.59 for cheeseburger and 6.59 for bacon cheeseburger... don't quote me on price but its darn close!! and highly recommend them for late night munchies!!

• Visited March 2014