“Not the Best, but Good Value”

Big Bear Pizza and Subs
Ranked #101 of 194 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not the Best, but Good Value”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Gatlinburg for a night, and our hotel recommended Big Bear's. We ordered a $21 special for an XL pizza, cheese bread, and a 2 liter. It was a very good value. The pizza arrived piping hot and coke was icy cold. The delivery girl was also very polite. Taste wise, I've had better. It's not a chain, which is great if you try to support local. No delivery fee is a plus!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank greendiamonds

tread102
“Charging tourists 6 dollars more per pizza than locals! Vacationers don't eat here”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ordered 2 pies for 31 bucks! Called back to add a 3rd to the order and the girl asked if I was local . I said yes. My add on pizza was then only 8.54! I talked to the owner and he confirmed the so called local discount! This place is ripping tourists off. I ate here last year and while good it wasn't worth 54 dollars for 3 pies! If your vacationing please avoid this place

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tread102
Arab, Alabama, United States
“Great value and great food!!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I went here on our honeymoon, after a nice hike, the portions were plentiful and we really felt like we got our money's worth! We could've ordered half the food and been more than full, the portions were HUGE! We were more than happy to take the rest home and eat it for a late night snack. The atmosphere was like a family-joint. Our favorite kind of spot!! We got two orders of lasagna, 2 salads, 1 flatbread appetizer, 2 sodas, and some cinnamon sticks, left a tip in the jar and spent less than 30 dollars! I felt like this was a great deal and we will definitely come back the next time we're in town!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Sheena N
“Pretty good”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Got pizza and it was actually good ( and Im not a pizza eater).. meatball sub good.we had delivery both times...dont get the wings yuck and burger delivered soggy not to good...stick to the pizza!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank jmh2311
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Ever!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

First and last time I will ever try this place. They did not get my order right. When I called I was told the toppings are under the cheese and most people don't get that and miss it. Well since I was a General Manager for a restaurant is Louisville who does theirs the same way, I think I am smart enough to find the toppings. We decided to keep the pizza until we bit into raw dough. We called back where the "Manager" was rude. When I asked to speak to another Manager, I was told there was not another manager. It was all family. Well, I'm not sure which family member owns this place but you should really teach them how to speak to your guests. When they brought my money back, the girl told me she had to inspect the pizzas per her Managers orders before giving me the money. So not only was I made to feel like an idiot and a bother, I was also made to seem like I was doing something wrong by not eating cold undercooked pizza. Thank you for one of the worst experiences of my long restaurant career. I will now use your restaurant as a "What not to do" during my training sessions.

• Visited May 2013