“Love the Buckhorn Inn!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
Kingsport, TN
“Love the Buckhorn Inn!”
Reviewed July 21, 2007

For several years, I have been trusting Trip Advisor when making travel plans. So when the reviews for Buckhorn Inn were overwhelmingly positive, I had high expectations when booking an anniversary trip with my wife.

Somehow, Buckhorn Inn managed to exceed all of our expectations. John and Lee are wonderful hosts and the property is everything an exceptional B&B should be. There is a high level of attention to detail, from the grounds and nature path to the comfort of the common areas of the inn... even afternoon snacks and coffee in the gathering room.

My wife and I stayed in one of the private cottages and were thrilled with the cleanliness, the gas fireplace, the quiet, the comfy robes, and the huge whirlpool tub. The food is beyond description (stay for dinner... it's worth the cost) and was a highlight of the stay. The peaceful and friendly atmosphere was the perfect getaway. Near Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, but set away in the mountains and full of quiet peace, charm, and natural beauty.

If you are looking for a high-energy stay in the midst of Gatlinburg gridlock, this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking for a high quality inn, great food, friendly people that are genuinely happy to host you, and a place to rest and recharge, this is the ideal location.

For 10 years, my wife and I searched for our perfect place to escape. We found it at Buckhorn Inn.

• Liked — Everything!
2 Thank andy312

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Indiana
Reviewed July 8, 2007

The Buckhorn Inn is simply breathtaking! No detail is overlooked. John and lee are fantastic inkeepers and the rooms are gorgeous. My husband and I stayed in Premier Room number 2. Talk about an amazing view! We spent hours sitting on our porch looking out across the mountains. The gardens are beautiful and relaxing. At Buckhorn Inn, time simply stops.

The room was spotless-everything was perfect! They provide one towel for each guest, but are quick to bring more if desired. New soaps and shampoos were brought each day. The jacuzzi was sparkling clean and bubble gel was provided. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

Every meal was excellent. Breakfast was delicious every morning. Dinner was SUPERB! John remembered our names and spoke with us every morning. What a charming man! I cannot go on enough about this place. It has exceeded every expectation I had!

• Liked — The inkeepers!
2 Thank anna2742
Goshen, Ohio
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I stumbled across TripAdvisor.com while doing some searching on Google... and, boy, am I glad I did. If it wasn't for TA, I probably never would have heard of Buckhorn. This place was great.

From the moment I got a response to my reservation request, I felt like they were willing to go out of their way to please. Requested a room directly through their website and it went seamlessly. As a matter of fact, I chose the wrong room. When the lady at the inn was about to book the room for me, she sensed (somehow) that maybe I had selected the wrong room. She called me and we got it straightened out. I asked for them to have some Cokes and Brie waiting for us in the room, and they advised it was no problem.

We wound up staying in Premier Room 3 for one night as an anniversary gift to each other. Check-in starts at 3pm. We arrived at 2:45pm. Rather than being told we'd have to wait, John checked to make sure our room was ready and asked us to meet him in the dining area. We did so and were given a warm greeting and a brief rundown of our surroundings.

Our room was wonderful. The snacks were waiting for us as requested. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi/shower unit. The bed was huge (believe it was 2 doubles side-by-side). We had our own balcony, a fireplace, an iron & board, a fridge, robes, a TV, a CD/DVD player, and a small coffee-maker with coffee, mugs & glasses. I needed ice for the Cokes, so I visited the guest sitting room downstairs... where I found a wonderful sitting area with a balcony, a PC with hi-speed internet plus a printer, free soft drinks & snacks, the best brownies (also free) that I've had in a long time, and a microwave... believe there was a coffee-maker there, too.

Unfortunately, one night was not enough. Because of other plans, we didn't get to try dinner or breakfast which are supposed to be fabulous. We also didn't get a chance to check out the labyrinth.

All in all, though, I was thrilled with our reception and the accomodations the owners make for their guests. Next time, we'll stay for 2 nights. Only other change I'll make is to book premier 1 or 2. 3 is a nice room, but the view is of the parking lot and drive instead of the mountains.

Bottom line - a must-visit for anyone looking for true relaxation in the Gatlinburg area.

• Liked — The wonderful service of the owners and staff.
  • Disliked — Price, but hey... whatever the market will bear, right?
4 Thank darkwing2525
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2007

We loved our stay at the Buckhorn Inn for our 10 yr. anniversary. There were some nature trails to walk around the property. We enjoyed
our breakfast each morning at the Inn - it was delicious and the owners and staff were very nice. The breakfast was great! The cabin was very clean with a nice view and had plenty of space. We will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple