“Fantastic views of the mountains and beautiful Inn!”
Review of Buckhorn Inn

Buckhorn Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I recently had our first (and definitely not our last) stay at the wonderful Buckhorn Inn. We were celebrating his 59th birthday. The staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly. They were attentive to my husband's food allergies, and made menu changes especially for him, as well as decorating our table in honor of the occasion! The views from the Inn are breathtaking. Our room was beautiful and spacious, the dinner was absolutely delicious, and so was the breakfast. The Inn is truly a gem hidden in the Smokies.

There are newer reviews for Buckhorn Inn

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We returned for another visit - just overnight. We found the Inn to be spotless, the wifi excellent (always important to us!) and the staff friendly. Hope to return for a longer visit soon. Did not get the opportunity to eat dinner, but the breakfast was excellent.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

For a true Smoky Mountain experience (very classy) give the Buckhorn a try. We stayed in a cottage. It has a king bed, nice bath, and large living room. The mattress was lumpy and needs replacing. That did not deter me from really liking this place. The breakfast was great, and we ate dinner with them for two nights and both meals were 4 course delights. Try the spice tea! Food, atmosphere, nice owners, nice guests...ALL YOU COULD WANT!!

2  Thank Corvette1871
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We are part of a 6 couple group which has met each year for over 30 years, and we have been at Buckhorn for 6 years now. Gatlinburg is a central location for our group which is scattered in 5 states. However, the regular tourist scene of Gatlinburg was not what we were looking for. One of our couples discovered Buckhorn Inn. It is exactly what we were looking for. It is hidden in the mountains and seems in another world apart from the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg.
The Mellors, owners, have made us feel like we are part of their family each time we visit. They find ways to make our annual group reunion perfect. The food has always amazed us and we are continually asking them to post the recipes on their website. The facilities are exactly what we need for our group. We rent a house for our group meetings and two couples stay there, while everyone else simply stays in the Inn.
Everything is always clean and well cared for. If there is ever an issue, the Mellors make sure that it is corrected immediately. They really know how to manage an inn. We never have any concerns about the place where we are going to meet as long as it is Buckhorn Inn.
This year, 2013, Buckhorn is celebrating their 75th Anniversary, and we were happy to celebrate with them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David H
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We read lots of good reviews before calling to make our reservations a few weeks in advance. When I called I was advised we would be staying in cottage 5, the best one. I was also advised that my card would NOT be charged until checkout. Upon arrival, I was handed the keys to cottage 6. I advised that my reservation was for cottage 5 and I was told that it was never for cottage 5. I had even called and confirmed all of the details a few days prior to arrival. When we reached cottage 6, we opened the door and immediately noticed a musty odor. The carpets were dirty, the tub was dirty and old, the bedspread had visible stains as well as the old velour blanket and even the sheets had stains and hairs on them. My husband immediately went to the front desk and the same man who checked us in advised that he was the owner and had NEVER had a complaint EVER! He advised that he was terribly embarrassed but did not know how to give a refund but he would figure it out the next morning. I told my husband not to leave without a refund. Finally, another employee gave us the refund at the direction of the owner's wife over the telephone. My card had been charged the day I made the reservation! We had gone out of our way to stay there. It took us two hours to find another place to stay. Then our GPS took us down highway 32 (DON'T USE THIS ROUTE!). 2 more hours in a
mountain range with no other humans in sight. All this with a two year old in tow. I find it interesting that this place has good reviews and wonder who REALLY wrote them?! The place needs to be completely remodeled! I would NEVER stay there under any circumstances.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank tabbysc
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times now [three weekends over three years]. The rooms we stayed in were great, the food has been spectacular. Breakfast is to write home about. Dinner is beyond description. Every meal has been beyond yummy. The view from the rooms and dining room is wonderful.
When seated there you get the feeling of old-world dining. A great jumping off point in The Smokies. Yet, you are on the "Craft Loop" of Gatlinburg.
Go to The Buckhorn Inn and enjoy the good life!

Room Tip: We are wanting to try the cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rbknott
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The small personal cottages were great. The screened in porches, fireplace, king size bed, and Jacuzzi made the stay incredible. Breakfast served each morning was phenomenal! The food and service was excellent. Great varieties to choose from and very filling. Could not have asked for a better vacation. Plan to stay longer than three days or you will regret it.

Room Tip: The cottages are a great stay for couples, or those who don't want the hotel feeling.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrantsWife
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatlinburg
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Buckhorn Inn? Share your experiences!