“Good location.”

Crossroads Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was the hotel at the half-way point back from Florida. I would probably try a different hotel next time. The location was good, the staff was helpful, and the room was clean. Just not jumping out to make me to stay there again. I am sorry that we left too early to have pancakes at Flapjacks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This BW property is located almost at the intersection of Parkway ( hwy to Pigeon Forge ) and Hwy 73 and just is with in easy walking of all the action in Gatlinburg. It is a large property on 4 floors with an elevator. The top 3 floors have an exterior walkway with patio chairs and offer a pleasing view.
The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. We had a large room with 2 queen beds which were quite comfortable. The room and bathroom were very clean and there is a sink next to the bathroom.There is a complimentary breakfast which offers hot and cold items. The breakfast room is in a large bright room on the top floor. Breakfast items are limited but more than sufficient. No problem in recommending this property, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ametsound
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I really loved staying at this hotel. I have been disappointed so many times in Gatlinburg, but the rooms, amenities, service, and dedication of the staff here made this my best trip to Gatlinburg ever! The breakfast was so nice, and the lady who attended was so very nice and friendly. The front desk staff did everything possible to accommodate. It rained the whole time I was in Gatlinburg, so I was not able to use the pool, but it looked awesome. The location could not be better. I am so happy to finally have a place in Gatlinburg that I will always look forward to staying at!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
4  Thank Heide H
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were able to get a king bed on the second floor in a room that was closest to the road; big mistake. We heard every car, motorcycle, and ambulance that went by. The walls are thin and the bathroom was small. The bed was comfortable enough. The lamp shades were literally falling apart. I turned on a light and pieces were falling from it! I had to unplug the refrigerator because it was so loud. We only stayed one night because we were passing through the smoky mountains on our way home from our vacation to Savannah and nothing else was available. I probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diverdown46
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After reading reviews and shopping the internet for a girls weekend in Gatlinburg, I found a decent "online price" with Best Western. Even though we visit Gatlinburg several times a year, I could not remember what the Best Western looked like. We arrived early so our room was not ready yet. The front desk told us we could park there and look around until it was if we would like. The lobby did not have a public restroom so we had to walk over to the restaurant next door. (Ok, I was starting to get a little nervous now) The outside of the hotel shows its age, but was clean. When it was time to check in, our room was ready and the front desk guy (Sam) was very friendly and eager to help answer any questions. Our room was a large room but the bathrooms are really small. It was not a problem for us though. It is within walking distance to shopping, shows and eating. There is also a trolley that stops in front if you are not able to walk but need transportation. The complimentary breakfast is served on the fourth floor and was fine. Overall, this Best Western was a decent price, clean, friendly and in a good location. It seems that in Gatlinburg you have either high dollar really nice hotels, middle of the road average hotels or the just nasty old hotels. Although this BW was just average, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Devildogmom63
Reviewed April 8, 2013

You really don't have much choice where to stay and all the hotels in the area are about the same. The beds were ok, had refrigerator. the staff was friendly could only stay there three nights as the room was booked for someone else later, This was the norm in the area we spent a week and stayed in three hotels you have to call ahead far in advance to book for a whole stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel itself was fine, a little outdated but perfectly clean and the room was large. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was okay, even though it was served on the 4th floor which I thought was different. But it was fine. The price was okay, too. The location is great because you can walk to just but any of the many restaurants and shops there. We were there during Spring Break so traffic was a huge mess so being able to walk to have dinner was a big plus.
The issue here is that they advertise that they have free Wi-Fi. They don't have any Wi-Fi. The strength was so poor we could never log on. We went to the front desk and the clerk was friendly but his only suggestion was to just keep trying. We need internet access while we travel so we would not return to this hotel if we ever find ourselves there again.
My suggestion is that if Wi-Fi is important to your stay that you actually try it out in the room they assign you before you pay.

Room Tip: Be aware that the free breakfast is served on the 4th floor. I assume they had elevators but we did...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple