“How about A Best Western Negitive Plus, Negitive Premiere Ranking?”

Crossroads Inn and Suites
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Richwood, KY
“How about A Best Western Negitive Plus, Negitive Premiere Ranking?”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wow, By far the worst Best Western I have ever stayed at! I am a BW Platinum Member and all I can say is this shouldn't even get the best western name. As much as they charged (over $140 a night) for this dump stayed 2 nights, Best Western should put some of that profit back into there building! Breakfast was on the top floor 4th floor and this is a motel with outside walkways and ramps going from floor to floor. If you are far away or lower floors, leave early for breakfast or you might miss it! they deadbolt the doors at 10:00am sharp! The room I had was large that could have been a suite, the front room only had a tv (Older CRT Tube) a couch (Hmmn, I think) and a counter. the coffee pot you had to put on the floor to be able to plug in. No electrical outlets by the counter and no sink. Really! I had to make my coffee on the floor! Cleanliness was OK. Bathroom was remarkably spotless. Vacuming was definitly needed. Was definitly not up to the standards that I am used to from BW. There is no desk only a desk chair???? Bed was comfortable sheets clean but the little strip of fabric they place on the end of the bed had that sticky ickey feeling to it. Got a call at 1/4 till the hour asking us if we was going to stay then telling us we had to get out by the top of the hour or they was automatically going to charge for another night! Grabbed our things and got out fast!! better yet, Don't go! Check in was great! Check out I thought was rude with the phone call.

Room Tip: room tip.... Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tlogsdon
, General Manager at Crossroads Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
I'm concerned about the breakfast hours and the phone call before checkout, I'm wondering if your watch could have possibly been on a different time zone. Our breakfast hours are from 7:30 to 10:30 so it should not have been locked at 10am and our front desk personnel are not supposed to call a room until after 11:30 on the day of departure to ask if they are leaving or staying over. This is something I will check into immediately.
Another issue was the breakfast being on the 4th floor with only stairs and walkways, however, we do have an elevator in the center of the building, I'm sorry if you were not informed of this.
As far as the room issues and the coffee maker situation, I will share this with my staff and we will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again.
I would also like to thank you for pointing out the good experiences you had with us. A very clean bathroom and comfortable bed are very important to us.
We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Gatlinburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Fort Knox, KY
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

This place has one thing going for it - location. The 4th of July parade begins outside just to the left and the fireworks are immediately across the street. If you come to Gatlinburg for the 4th of July, you would have up front seating for both main events (as long as you get your chairs out by the road) but that's why they charge over $100 for the military rate for this time period. We actually stayed in a cabin, but came to this hotel to watch the two events with friends staying at this hotel. The elevator is gross, but the room was ok. Nothing to rave or complain about. The pool is low quality with rickety ladders and the liner is jagged concrete that tears up wet skin. I would have thought this place was $45-$75 per night based on available alternatives so I was shocked to learn how much my friends paid for their room (I don't know what kind of room it was, but it had a fireplace and one bed in a back bedroom type area). I would definately rather be a couple blocks away from the fireworks than pay so much to stay here. Besides, if you arrived early enough, you could still set up your chairs in front of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Hydegirl
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The only thing good about this place is location. It is within walking distance to the shops. However the shops by it are abandoned. Found old food in the floor. Chips and a brownie. Fingernail clippers also in floor . Mold growing under aircondition er. Places on carpet where something was spilled and simply never cleaned up. No elevator and breakfast is served on the top floor. I will try to post pics. I know its an older place but no effort was put into keeping it decent.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank lonny w
Melissa J, General Manager at Crossroads Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your review, however, I would just like to make sure that you have the right Crossroads property.
Your review states that you stayed in July of 2011 and that there is no elevator; Best Western Crossroads of Gatlinburg TN started serving breakfast in February of 2012 and we do have an elevator.
If there was a misunderstanding and it is the Best Western Crossroads Inn of Gatlinburg then I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Gatlinburg. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Melissa Jenkins

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Moss Point
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at this best western 2 nights. Great staff especially Wanda, friendly and courteous. We could walk to all of the attractions but wasn't in the midst so we could get away from the hustle and bustle if we needed to.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank TripRater7
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our hotel.
We consider dedicated and competent staff members like Wanda our most valuable asset. She is pleased that you acknowledged her efforts.
We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Crossroads Inn the next time you are in Gatlinburg. We look forward to your return.

Melissa Jenkins
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2012

It was our anniversary so we reserved a suite. Our first clue should have been the filthy elevator floor, but we weren't deterred. This room looked like someone started renovating it but didn't finish. The refrigerator was open with a towel stuffed in it and some trim missing from the cabinet underneath. The bathroom was also missing part of the baseboard, the bath mat was filthy in the tub, a lamp had some kind of prominent black mark on it...but the worst part of this was sitting in the jacuzzi with weak jets and looking up to see black mold and some kind of growth hanging down from the ceiling! Gross! Never again. We got a weak apology when I showed the pictures to the desk clerk the next day. It was either room 200 or 202--forgot what number--trying to forget the experience.
The main picture on this page is NOT this hotel!

Room Tip: Be very careful
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lastreet836
Triad, NC
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Comfy beds, lots of pillows and far enough from the street to be quiet. Just a short walk to restaurants and attractions. Very close to Ripley's Aquarium and the Hard Rock Cafe. We felt very welcomed at check-in and had no problems whatsover during our stay. Also, we got the best price by booking through the Best Western website. Applebee's is no longer across the street, but there are plenty of other options close by. We had a room with 2 queen beds, and it was very roomy. I liked that there was a second sink/vanity outside the bathroom.

Room Tip: Check prices on the Best Western website before booking any other way.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank smiley6337
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We had a standard double room. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was exceptionally nice, friendly and helpful! The location was wonderful--near the beginning of all the action. Just a very short walk to anywhere we wanted to go! It was a great value for the price, very affordable! Would recommend and definitely plan to stay there again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple