“A wonderful place cant say enough good about it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chalet Inn

Chalet Inn
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
“A wonderful place cant say enough good about it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

We just stayed there a couple days ago and it was great. I will admit after reading some of the reviews on here I was skeptical. The wife and I went for the Christmas Parade and our wedding anniversary. They helped me arrange having flowers in the room waiting for the wife and upon walking in the room was actually larger than your standard room. The room was so clean and nice that I commented to the wife that the room could pass for one at the higher end hotels. We were in room 109 and the creek view was to die for. It was so nice being able to park literally right outside our room. The front desk was so helpful all the times they were needed. Teddy was very helpful even showing us some rooms big enough for when we bring the kids down. The walk to the strip was very quick and it was nice being so close to the strip but yet away from the hustle and bustle. We loved the hotel so much that we have already made reservations to come back next summer and next Dec for the Christmas parade again. I would highly recommend this place oh and I almost forgot the waffles for breakfast were beyond great and the beds werent actually rocks like a lot of hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Garrison, Texs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Fabulous Chalet several times and have always found it to be the very best of the half-dozen other places we have used in the Smoky Mountains. It has the best location - offering easy walking to the parkway and also seclusion away from the crowds. We have enjoyed both the creekside rooms and the mountain view rooms. Rooms 212 and 208 are our favorites. They are excellent rooms with a view to die for.
Teddy and Ellen Sammons have become like family to us. They are the most gracious hosts you can imagine. We have used literally scores and sores of hotels, motels, and B&B's during the last 38 years and have found no place to equal the Fabulous Chalet. It's quaintness is a refreshing alternative to the typical cookie-cutter rooms so prevelant today. Each room has it's own unique design, colors, and character.
Rooms are clean and well equipped. Service is excellent.
To sum it up, we really go to Gatlinburg BECAUSE OF the Fabulous Chalet!!! That's the main thing that keeps us coming back year after year.
Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Reagan for this wonderful place to enjoy!
John & Susan McGuire
Garrison, Texas

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BroJohn
Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

well lets see. we were promised room 213 by Teddy 2 months prior to our arrival. my bf and i both spoke with him. much to our surprise we couldnt wait to meet teddy and his fne establishment....lol...we met the female night auditor who gave us keys to room 213. after we drove around and up a hill (wtf?) we dragged heavy luggage and car junk up the stairs and used the key, only to feel like Goldilocks entering the 3 bears home! the room had been given to someone else! ugh! we dragged luggage down the stairs back to car to drive down the hill again and now get room 208, (at least stairs werent involved). ok old fashioned room but good view.....the next day we were gone all day and had no towels at all when we came back. we call teddy.
well teddy doesnt have a vehicle to bring up towels , so back in the car and down the hill. we get there and teddy hands us the towels and i inquire about room 213 and he tap dances around it and blames the night auditor for the mix up. i remind him he promised us that room and we could of walked in on someone having sex or something!
he apologizes repeatedly and then mrs. reagan (the owner) pulls up and he makes a hasty retreat over to her!
the next day neither one of our keys worked , so back in the car down the hill we go to get new keys......we had many laughs about this place. priscilla was the lovely lady that made our waffles in the morning and we loved chatting with her......just a word of advice...dont get comfy at night b4 unless you check for towels etc...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tennesseelover52
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

if you want moderate price, then this is a good motel to stay. i stay with my family for two days. the front desk lady was very helpful. The room cleanliness was good. The bath tub is small, it not the advanced jacuzzi type one, but its ok. Not every room have river view, so make sure when you book. Overall, the price for this motel should be around $50-70, not more than that.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

I must say, I was VERY pleased the moment I opened the door to my room during my last visit to the Fabulous Chalet. New carpet, updated bedding, remodeled bathroom...and more. My first words were, WOW! I am a regular visit to the Fabulous Chalet because of the great customer service and the beautiful location with a running stream right off the balcany. Did I mention the rooms are BIG? It speaks "Smoky Mountains" loud and clear...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kettering, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

First room they gave us had dead roaches in all the light fixtures and a few under the ledge on the sink. I went to the front desk to complain and they sould care less. I demanded my money back and they told be they wouldn't do that, that if I wanted a refund they would mail a check to my home address !! What I'm in gatlinburg now.... I just handed you cash 5 mins ago and now you wanna mail me a check !!! They ended up give all my money back with the excpetion of one night so we were forced to stay one night or forfite $109. They offered a diffent room (the one next to roach heaven) I didn't see any roaches in that one, but speaking that it neighbored the other awful room I'm sure the critters were somewhere. Made reseavations at another place that day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank arobinette
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

Awesome experience! Wonderful view of the July4th fireworks right from my balcony!
Especially helpful and knowlegable staff. The Manager, "Teddy" made our stay here one the best traveling experiences ever! We will be retyrning in the near future. Thanks Fabulous Chalet for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple