“it's ok as per value, not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Chalet Inn

Chalet Inn
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“it's ok as per value, not bad”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

if you want moderate price, then this is a good motel to stay. i stay with my family for two days. the front desk lady was very helpful. The room cleanliness was good. The bath tub is small, it not the advanced jacuzzi type one, but its ok. Not every room have river view, so make sure when you book. Overall, the price for this motel should be around $50-70, not more than that.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I must say, I was VERY pleased the moment I opened the door to my room during my last visit to the Fabulous Chalet. New carpet, updated bedding, remodeled bathroom...and more. My first words were, WOW! I am a regular visit to the Fabulous Chalet because of the great customer service and the beautiful location with a running stream right off the balcany. Did I mention the rooms are BIG? It speaks "Smoky Mountains" loud and clear...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2010

First room they gave us had dead roaches in all the light fixtures and a few under the ledge on the sink. I went to the front desk to complain and they sould care less. I demanded my money back and they told be they wouldn't do that, that if I wanted a refund they would mail a check to my home address !! What I'm in gatlinburg now.... I just handed you cash 5 mins ago and now you wanna mail me a check !!! They ended up give all my money back with the excpetion of one night so we were forced to stay one night or forfite $109. They offered a diffent room (the one next to roach heaven) I didn't see any roaches in that one, but speaking that it neighbored the other awful room I'm sure the critters were somewhere. Made reseavations at another place that day.

2 Thank arobinette
Milton, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Awesome experience! Wonderful view of the July4th fireworks right from my balcony!
Especially helpful and knowlegable staff. The Manager, "Teddy" made our stay here one the best traveling experiences ever! We will be retyrning in the near future. Thanks Fabulous Chalet for a great stay!

1 Thank missng364
Crestview Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We arrived in Gatlinburg to a horrendous experience at another hotel. I called The Fabulous Chalet from the other hotel and was invited to come and look at the rooms prior to checking in. Teddy, the manager, took us on a tour of the rooms himself and gave us our pick of the few rooms still available on the 4th of July weekend. We had a nice room with a spectacular view of the fireworks right from our balcony.We paid less per night than what the other "roach motel" charged and our expectations for our trip were more than met by the staff at the Chalet. We asked for extra towels for the pool and everyday after,we returned to not only extra towels, but to a freshly made bed and a very clean, fresh room. The staff all geeted us as if we were life long friends and made us feel like we were at home. Teddy assisted us and answered all our questions about the best places to eat, attractions and helped us to start planning our return trip at Christmas.Thank you so much Teddy and staff for a truly "Fabulous " experience! See you again real soon!

1 Thank rlwalkerhome
West Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I have stayed here before and we have loved it in the past, but for some reason this year it wasn't as pleasant......the room was clean and most of the service was great, but there is one person that works at the desk "Teddy" that was VERY VERY rude to us, and for that experience, we checked out early and went to another hotel.... as much as we liked the hotel in the past, unfortunately we will NEVER go back there and stay. He does not need to be around customers..he is very unprofessional...the other staff was very polite, friendly and courteous to us...they were professional....its sad that one person will cause others to not stay there, which in turn will affect their business....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My family has visited the area for forty years or more. We have seen the changes and we don't like what we see. We are thrilled to find the wonderful hometown feel and small family owned motel still as we remembered. They know what they are doing and NOW the rooms are filled with beautiful Jim Gray paintings. They recommended we visit the local art gallery owned also by the owners. It was a wonderful experience and we recommend it to all our family and friends. The restaurants was incredible. Sweetpea's Cafe provided us with a home bcooked meal and dessert just like Grandma used to make. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business