After a day out on the strip, we returned "home" to our hotel room only to find that there were things missing from the fridge and our bags of food from home had things missing. When we brought it to John's attention at the front desk, he told me that it didn't matter if it was housekeeping, but you "Stay at your own risk" and there wasn't anything he could do. It didn't matter that it was the staff that had stolen from us and gone through our personal belongings. We stayed at our own risk and apparently weren't safe. My husband went in after that and John started singing a new tune. He even agreed to return the unused portion of our reservation although he complained the entire time that we shouldn't complain since he didn't have to honor the "stay 2, get 3'rd for free" special because it wasn't running anymore which is a lie. When we got home the next day, having to cut our vacation short because we didn't have the money for a hotel and had to throw our food out, the special was still listed on the website as a summer long deal. I have never felt unsafe anywhere (and I've travelled all over Europe) until then.
When we got home, we checked our bank account and yes, the money for the extra night was returned AFTER HE TOOK THE MONEY OUT A SECOND TIME. We did everything we could to get things fixed. We talked to our bank. We called the Chalet Inn. We called and tried to talk to one of the owners of Regan Resorts (who we were told "does not talk to customers"), I even sent a certified letter to the owners explaining everything. plus contacted the BBB and the Gatlinburg Chamber. No one could help us get our money that was stolen back. Finally after over a month, my husband received a call from someone at the Reagan Resorts Corp. saying that they would be refunding the money for unused portion of the reservation. It took several days longer for him to keep his word and we actually got our money back, plus $40 to cover the cost of what was stolen.
I will NEVER patron any hotel owned by Reagan Resorts Corporation. Not only do they employ honest staff (from the housekeeping who stole to the man at the desk who lied), but they didn't act like they cared one bit until we kept bugging them for a month. Why would you give your money to someone like that? Especially when you're expected to "stay at your own risk." If any hotel deserves a a negative rating, this is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting majestically above the town, Chalet Inn maintains the kind of rustic elegance once known to all great smoky mountain resorts. The Inn's landscaped surroundings, mountain stone architecture and charming character-filled rooms make you feel a world away. Yet, the attractions of Gatlinburg are just a few blocks away. The Inn is just two blocks from Ober Gatlinburg Aerial Tramway, with Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies just 5 blocks away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chalet Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fabulous Chalet Hotel Gatlinburg
- Best Western Gatlinburg
- Fabulous Chalet Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Best Western