“Best hotel In Gatlinburg!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zoders Inn & Suites

Zoders Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Norton, Virginia, United States
“Best hotel In Gatlinburg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here on the fly when our reservations were cancelled by the Marriott across town. I was sceptical from the start with the look of the hotel. It appears crammed in a small alley, but its beautiful once you get back to the rooms. Nice heated pool, it was cold out and the staff took us from our vehicle back to our room in a covered cart. The rooms looked a bit outdated, but they are clean clean clean. The bed was sooo comfy! I plan on visiting this hotel again later this week. You won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely everything about this place is amazing. My balcony looks out over rapids, the bed is comfy, the place is clean, the free continental breakfast is tasty, and they throw in free milk and cookies before bed. Price is shockingly low online.

Can't rave anymore or I won't be able to book a room next year!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank mamaconnoisseur
Ottawa, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Back at Zoders for the 2nd time and loving it just as much as we did the last time we were here. It is the only hotel I have ever stayed in that felt so much like home. The room is incredibly comfortable...the roaring creek right there so close to our balcony...the comfy bed and pillows..you'll never sleep more comfortably than here. The pool and waterfall, the breakfast, then the wine and munchies and the cookies and milk before bed. Its almost like gong to Grandmas house only better! We love it here!

Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Okay here's my review on the hotel. I LOVED being right on the creek, we even slept with the window open so we could drift to sleep hearing the water rushing over the rocks. As far as I could tell the room was very clean (I didnt go searching for things to complain about either though) Beds were soft, heated tiles in the bathroom were a nice touch. Showers are roomy. The pool was nice with a bridge over it and a huge waterfall along the back wall going into the pool. The cookies and milk in the evening was an awesome treat for my kiddos (who am I kidding, for me and the hubby as well) As for the complimentary cheese and wine, we didnt sample that. My only complaints were that the rooms had no microwaves, which was a bummer when you have children that eat part of their dinner and want to eat rest later and I felt the room was kind of on the small side for it to have two double beds in it. Other than that we had a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room closer to the back of the property. That is were the pool and breakfast/snacks are...
1 Thank Terri H
fritamalone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Zoder's Inn, it is located on the main strip in Gatlinburg, the indoor pool is great with a waterfall and a small hot tub. The evening cookie's were delicious and the biscuit and gravy for breakfast were good. My absolute favorite part is the view and the creek and ducks outside your balcony. Heated tiles in the bathroom were wonderful. Family of four two teenage boys and two adults....had a blast pool goes to six feet my boys loved that. They even had a little 1ft. pool for babies, cute. Charming experience.

Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family and I visited Zoders Inn & Suites the first week of March. It was a great price for the room and was pleasantly surprised, since it was cold, the bathroom had heated floors! We took advantage of the breakfast offered every morning, as well as the amentities including hot tub, pool, and on site laundry. The machine for washing powder ate my money and gave me nothing, so I went to the front desk. The guy at the front desk (wish I would've gotten his name) said he would find me some. He didn't end up finding any, but went out to the store to buy some laundry soap just for me! I felt very appreicated! I would and definitely plan on staying at this hotel again! The view from our balcony was amazing, right over the rushing river. It also was very close to just about everything there is to see, within walking distance. We also walked to the Delicastessen down the road, and I have to say, it was an awesome sandwich!!

Room Tip: The double bed was perfect for my family of 3!
1 Thank hollymrowe
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I surprised my husband with a trip to Gatlinburg for our 7th wedding anniversary. I called the hotel directly and mentioned the deal on their TripAdvisor page and was able to get 20% off our room. I booked us in the Dream Villa Suite. I don't know about the other rooms, as Zoders seems to offer several different options, but our suite was very nice and clean. We were on the second floor and right across from the indoor pool and snack bar. Our bed was nice and soft with two firmer pillows and two softer ones. The in-room jacuzzi was delightful and perfect for an anniversary trip. Also, the easy to operate gas fireplace kept us toasty! The service at the front desk was wonderful, and we were able to walk everywhere we needed to from the hotel. The other nice thing is that check-out is not until noon, so feel free to sleep in!

The only complaints I have is that the fridge and back lights weren't working when we arrived, so we had to call the front desk and then try to figure out which breaker on the very old breaker box had been tripped(which was not obvious). We did get it fixed, but it tripped again the next day. Secondly, they have a cookies & milk service at bedtime(between 8-10)which is really a sweet idea, and the lady at the snack bar who served us was very nice. However, the cookies were obviously store-bought, which isn't necessarily a problem, but they were also stale, so that was a little disappointing.

Overall, though, I would definitely go back to Zoders. Next time, I'd like to bring our son along and stay in one of the rooms with balconies along the stream, as I think he'd really enjoy it. I'd also like to try out their raquetball courts, pools, and continental breakfast next time we stay.

Room Tip: Dream Villa is great for honeymooners or couples!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple