“Frustrating and unkind”

Mysterious Mansion Admission Pass
Ranked #3 of 17 Fun & Games in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We invite you to experience Gatlinburg's OLDEST and SCARIEST haunted house! Mysterious Mansion is a self guided tour of a classic "turn of the century" three story haunted mansion. Find your way through secret passageways, winding staircases, and creepy dark corridors never knowing what restless, rotting residents might be lurking around the corner in each foreboding room ahead...Or BEHIND YOU! Join us and release your screams in Gatlinburgs original Haunted House, IF YOU DARE! -Scaring Smoky Mountain visitors for over 35 years! To find us from the Parkway, walk behind McDonalds through Fountain Plaza and down to River Road OR take a short stroll along the Riverwalk from the Aquarium (about 2 blocks) We'll be waiting for you in the shadows...
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Frustrating and unkind”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Upon arriving to the mansion, it looked just like a haunted house and seemed to be pretty scary but we continued inside to purchase our tickets. The man at the counter where we bought our tickets was very rude and seemed irritated that we were there. I get scared easily so I was just asking a couple of questions about the haunted house and he acted like I was bothering him. He acted like he hated hid life and his job. And all he kept saying was no refunds...ok I got it. So we started into the house and I got really scared and went out one of the emergency doors. The have real people that get about 6 to 12 inches away from your face....they are very very close to you. And they reiterate constantly not to touch anyone. So I left out of the emergency exit and my boyfriend continue on through the house. In the house there are lots of secret doors ad you have to find the right door to go to the next place. So we were having trouble finding the first one so someone came on a speaker and gave us a slight hint so that we could move on to the next room, It is very dark in the house. When I left I went and sat in the lobby of the house to wait on my boyfriend. About 10 minutes later a man dressed in a mask and scary outfit came up to me and all he said was he is lost in a very scary voice., So I then went and stood outside to wait on my boyfriend to come out. About 15 minutes later he came out and he said he had to come out of an emergency exit . He had been in one of the dark rooms and was trying to find the hidden door. He had pushed and went through every door and they all led back to the same room and no one ever came over the speaker to give a hint so the only way he could get out was the emergency exit. We do not recommend this place to anyone. Everyone there seemed miserable.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank KatePRN

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Oh, man!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were terrified walking through this little treasure. He even made me lead the way and get the first wave of scares. Excellent sound effects and visual effects. I would like to go back, now that we know where the secret passages are :)

3 Thank Tiff P
Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice haunt for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice haunt. It has scares from beginning to end. The facade is very creepy. The only downfall is that some parts seemed rushed and crammed, not so well thought out. Also, the haunted headman outside on the balcony is broken and I was afraid it would fall on me. Overall, it was a great haunt and the best one in town.

2 Thank Dick45
Roanoke
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“A nice scare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I visited the Mysterious Mansion in Gatlinburg on Wednesday, November 27, 2013. I have noticed this place for many years and finally got an opportunity to go in it. I'm very glad that I did. I never knew from one moment to the next what was going to happen. I enjoy old buildings. This one had some interesting features to it. I thought the mansion and the scares were well done. It sure did catch me off guard at times. I would recommend this place to others. It is an enjoyable alternative to the other attractions in Gatlinburg.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Touring16
Huntsville, Alabama
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“We had a Blast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had a great time doing this we walked by it a couple of times and thought we would try. I have never seen my wife so scared. We laughed so much afterwards. I would recommedn it and it is cheaper than most other attractions.

Visited November 2013