“Oh, man!!!”

Mysterious Mansion
Ranked #5 of 21 Fun & Games in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We invite you to experience Gatlinburg's OLDEST and SCARIEST haunted house! Mysterious Mansion is a self guided tour of a classic "turn of the century" three story haunted mansion. Find your way through secret passageways, winding staircases, and creepy dark corridors never knowing what restless, rotting residents might be lurking around the corner in each foreboding room ahead...Or BEHIND YOU! Join us and release your screams in Gatlinburgs original Haunted House, IF YOU DARE! -Scaring Smoky Mountain visitors for over 35 years! To find us from the Parkway, walk behind McDonalds through Fountain Plaza and down to River Road OR take a short stroll along the Riverwalk from the Aquarium (about 2 blocks) We'll be waiting for you in the shadows...
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were terrified walking through this little treasure. He even made me lead the way and get the first wave of scares. Excellent sound effects and visual effects. I would like to go back, now that we know where the secret passages are :)

3  Thank Tiff P
in 26 reviews
"cheesy"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice haunt. It has scares from beginning to end. The facade is very creepy. The only downfall is that some parts seemed rushed and crammed, not so well thought out. Also, the haunted headman outside on the balcony is broken and I was afraid it would fall on me. Overall, it was a great haunt and the best one in town.

2  Thank Dick45
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I visited the Mysterious Mansion in Gatlinburg on Wednesday, November 27, 2013. I have noticed this place for many years and finally got an opportunity to go in it. I'm very glad that I did. I never knew from one moment to the next what was going to happen. I enjoy old buildings. This one had some interesting features to it. I thought the mansion and the scares were well done. It sure did catch me off guard at times. I would recommend this place to others. It is an enjoyable alternative to the other attractions in Gatlinburg.

1  Thank Touring16
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had a great time doing this we walked by it a couple of times and thought we would try. I have never seen my wife so scared. We laughed so much afterwards. I would recommedn it and it is cheaper than most other attractions.