“Scary Good Time!”

Mysterious Mansion
Ranked #5 of 21 Fun & Games in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We invite you to experience Gatlinburg's OLDEST and SCARIEST haunted house! Mysterious Mansion is a self guided tour of a classic "turn of the century" three story haunted mansion. Find your way through secret passageways, winding staircases, and creepy dark corridors never knowing what restless, rotting residents might be lurking around the corner in each foreboding room ahead...Or BEHIND YOU! Join us and release your screams in Gatlinburgs original Haunted House, IF YOU DARE! -Scaring Smoky Mountain visitors for over 35 years! To find us from the Parkway, walk behind McDonalds through Fountain Plaza and down to River Road OR take a short stroll along the Riverwalk from the Aquarium (about 2 blocks) We'll be waiting for you in the shadows...
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have both passed this attraction several times throughout our childhood and neither of us had ever done it. This was our first trip to Tennessee together so we wanted to do something fun and this was perfect! We went in and I was scared from the start! We had to go through by ourselves which made it really scary. Sitting in the living room with the ghost radio was a great mood setter. The entire experience was chilling I will definitely go back! The staff was great :)

2  Thank Brookeva
in 26 reviews
"cheesy"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I loved this haunted house. We didn't go in expecting anything all that spectacular, but boy were we surprised. I screamed in almost every room. I do think that it is just one man doing all of the scares, and if that is in fact the case, that's talent right there. Would definitely recommend this over Ripley's haunted attraction. Save your money on that piece of crap and come here instead.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I first went through the Mysterious Mansion back in 1988. It was pretty good back then but they've made all sorts of improvements over the years. The wife had never been through it and with a little mild encouragement (I agreed to hold her hand the whole time) we decided to go in. A group was going through so we waited a bit in the first room on the couch listening to the haunted radio (really nice touch) As we made our way through the house, our villian popped out a number of times from various locations.. even dropping from above at one point. He sounded quite convincing and had some great ad-libs even asking if he could "hold my wife's hand too"... great stuff. I laughed and jumped my whole way through.. both of us found it the highlight of the day and were still laughing about it the next day.. I love all the changes. The only thing I'd suggest is getting rid of or moving the air cannon at the exit door. It went off extremely close to my ear and left it ringing for a good 15 mins after... not a great location for that. Another suggestion would be to reduce the price a bit. I talked to a number of folks that would have gone through if the price was a bit cheaper. A little reduction in price I think will increase the foot traffic that actually will go through the exibit.

1  Thank RGD662
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My fiance and I visited Gatlinburg (his first time!) and we had to go, as this was the first haunted house I ever experienced when I was 8, and I've gone back every single time I've been in Gatlinburg. The scariest thing was that they recently added real people to the walk through! It was terrifying and really, really fun. My fiance even admitted it was the scariest haunted house he'd ever been too, and by the end we were sweating buckets! This place has been evolving through the years, but it has always maintained its soul (no pun intended) and changed for the better. I would highly, highly recommend you visit this attraction (although I definitely don't recommend this for someone younger than 10 unless they LOVE scary stuff), because I screamed every few seconds. The actors are great and the entire experience lasts about 15 minutes, depending on how fast you go through. Lots of unexpected scares!

1  Thank NAP702
See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was possibly the scariest haunt my fiancé and I have ever been too, we're from NY and have nothing like this at home ours are all cheesy and corny, I actually high five the actors :)
But this was terrifying in a word!
We didn't even make it passed the first room and I chickened out and went out an emergency exit, we went back inside to let the guy know how scary it was and job well done on it and he was nice enough to offer the actor to walk us through, he took is through the whe house, showed us where all the scare spots were and explained everything to us which was beyond nice most places would never offer that :)
I would highly recommend this for people to check out!
Thanks again