“It sucked,it was not scary at all!!!!”
Review of Mysterious Mansion

Mysterious Mansion Admission Pass
Ranked #6 of 20 Fun & Games in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We invite you to experience Gatlinburg's OLDEST and SCARIEST haunted house! Mysterious Mansion is a self guided tour of a classic "turn of the century" three story haunted mansion. Find your way through secret passageways, winding staircases, and creepy dark corridors never knowing what restless, rotting residents might be lurking around the corner in each foreboding room ahead...Or BEHIND YOU! Join us and release your screams in Gatlinburgs original Haunted House, IF YOU DARE! -Scaring Smoky Mountain visitors for over 35 years! To find us from the Parkway, walk behind McDonalds through Fountain Plaza and down to River Road OR take a short stroll along the Riverwalk from the Aquarium (about 2 blocks) We'll be waiting for you in the shadows...
Moravia, Iowa
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It sucked,it was not scary at all!!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

There was maybe 3-4 people inside to scare us... VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!! The high school where I am from puts on a haunted house every year and its 10 tines better than this!!! And only $5... we love haunted houses and have been to many and would not recommend it at all

2 Thank MarciaBenjam
lilu103, Owner at Mysterious Mansion, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello Marcia,
I am the owner of Mysterious Mansion and would like to thank-you for your feedback. I take our reviews very seriously and use them to try to make improvements to our attraction.This would be the first negative review we have received since we had a change in management and remodeled inside the house so I am concerned as to exactly why your experience was so disappointing. I would appreciate hearing more details from you of why it wasn't scary so I can pinpoint the problem and hopefully fix it. If you could tell me the date and approximate time of your entry that would be very helpful as well. And finally I would appreciate if you could verify the location of the haunted attraction you attended, just to make sure it was us and not one of the two other haunted attractions in Gatlinburg. Was the attraction you went through on the Parkway (the main street)? or off by itself on River Rd. (the back street)?
Thank-you very much for your time.
Mysterious Mansion

Beckley, West Virginia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Very good haunted house!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a haunted house to go through while we were in Gatlinburg and we chose Mysterious Mansion after seeing the good reviews here on TripAdvisor. I'll add to all the good reviews! With the coupon we had we paid $10 each and it was very suspenseful from beginning to end. I won't give it away but the house is three stories tall and it challenging at times to find out which passageway to go through to get to the end. They have a "don't touch us we won't touch you rule" so no worries about being grabbed.

Well worth the $$ for a 15-20 minute scare!

1 Thank TravelingJustice
New Freedom, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scared the entire family!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Some locals discouraged us from visiting the Mysterious Mansion. So glad we decided to go. The price was just right for 20-30 minutes of "scary" fun!! Even my husband said he was scared!

1 Thank Dianne B
Punta Gorda, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scary fun”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

What an awesome and scary place.This was off the Main Street but much better than all the Ripley's attractions on the strip.
You Can look on line for a $1 off coupon for the adults. My kids screamed the whole way through it and want to do it again! It was really fun and you can park on broad street for $ 5 all day where as on the main strip they charge more and it is only a 1 block walk to the busy strip and tourist downtown of Gatinburg. Go on an empty stomach because you will scream a lot!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Petrija J
Atlanta
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Moody, spooky, scary. NOT FOR YOUNG KIDS!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'll confirm the reviews. This is a well designed attraction that gets its scares through creating an ambience of atmosphere, anticipation and anxiety that sets you up to be frightened. Its not a ride. Its a walking journey through a three level house where a "family" lives (or lived). The route through the house is not laid out clearly nor easy to follow. There are dead ends and cul de sacs where you are feeling and pushing the walls to find the exit to the next room. The rooms are dark or dimly, dimly lit so that you can't be sure always what you are seeing or where you are going. Our 10 year old daughter backed out at the last minute as we waited to begin in the first room (you are told clearly by the attendant that there are no refunds from leaving the house before you reach the end, and there are marked EXITS throughout.) Some of the rooms remind you of movie sets thoughtfully laid out with strange items, blood across a door, a picture of a women that rots as you gaze at it, a smiling baby with horns, body parts hanging from the ceiling, a ghost appearing in a window, etc. (The thing sitting on the toilet in the bathroom, thankfully can't be seen, but it can definitely be heard. Use your imagination.) Along with completing the journey through the levels of the house, there are ghosts, demons, spirits, horrific clowns (take your pick) who shadow you in your journey and who appear in unexpected corners or hallways. You are told as you begin that none of the family members will touch you (and you are instructed to NOT touch them.) My wife and I bonded closely with two families with children who would grasp the hands of any adult in order to make it through the passages. We also visited at night, (which I would recommend) when there is outdoor mood music along with the evening atmosphere that lends itself to the experience. By the way, our daughter did ultimately go through the mansion, two days later, when she begged for a second chance and went through with me, as she "conquered her fear." Good girl. Nothing wrong with enjoying a little fictional scare. There are plenty of real ones in the world that give me gray hairs.

Visited July 2013