“Great Scare”

Mysterious Mansion
Ranked #5 of 21 Fun & Games in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We invite you to experience Gatlinburg's OLDEST and SCARIEST haunted house! Mysterious Mansion is a self guided tour of a classic "turn of the century" three story haunted mansion. Find your way through secret passageways, winding staircases, and creepy dark corridors never knowing what restless, rotting residents might be lurking around the corner in each foreboding room ahead...Or BEHIND YOU! Join us and release your screams in Gatlinburgs original Haunted House, IF YOU DARE! -Scaring Smoky Mountain visitors for over 35 years! To find us from the Parkway, walk behind McDonalds through Fountain Plaza and down to River Road OR take a short stroll along the Riverwalk from the Aquarium (about 2 blocks) We'll be waiting for you in the shadows...
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We go every time we visit Gatlinburg for more scares and a different layout. Our favorite part is the live character(s) they add to it. The prices are great and the workers are generous.

1  Thank TShayJ73
in 26 reviews
"cheesy"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed July 16, 2013

we go every time we go there. kids love it! no matter how many times they have been in there they have to go everytime. my 7 year old went for his 1st time and loved it. we are big Halloween people and do a haunted house every year. I don't suggest all 7 years olds go in there. about average age for my kids when they go in for the 1st time though. go! go! go! even if u don't go in just standing outside and taking pics is fun. its great!!!!

1  Thank sarg1968
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I went through the mansion in the 90's. My husband and son went through on the 4th of July. They had a blast. It was awesome to bring my son there 20 years after I had done it. He is 14 and said it gave him a few good "scares". My husband loved it and looks back on it as one of his favorite memories of this year's trip. It isn't gory. It is a good, clean, honest scare. We would recommend it over and over again.

2  Thank Lilyearth
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We tried to avoid most of the "tourist traps" in Gatlinburg but decided to check out this haunted house since it was off the beaten path and the people coming out seemed to be having a good time. From the moment you walk-in your heart rate increases and you feel like you're in an old haunted mansion. The price was very reasonable and you can find coupons in the local handouts. My girlfriend is easily scared, however I am not usually phased by haunted houses. I must say I "jumped" and was genuinely frightened on several occasions. Without giving too much away, its unique in that you go through the house with a small group and have the task of finding your way out of rooms and going through trap doors. The "actors" were VERY GOOD. IT appeared there was only a few working but they did a good job of relocating and scaring us unexpectedly. The scenes throughout the house were very well done and not cheesy at all. This haunted house far exceeded our expectations and would recommend it over the Ripley's competitor (been there, done that). We left scared and satisfied!

4  Thank nwhayes