“Inexpensive Fun”

Mysterious Mansion Admission Pass
Ranked #3 of 18 Fun & Games in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We invite you to experience Gatlinburg's OLDEST and SCARIEST haunted house! Mysterious Mansion is a self guided tour of a classic "turn of the century" three story haunted mansion. Find your way through secret passageways, winding staircases, and creepy dark corridors never knowing what restless, rotting residents might be lurking around the corner in each foreboding room ahead...Or BEHIND YOU! Join us and release your screams in Gatlinburgs original Haunted House, IF YOU DARE! -Scaring Smoky Mountain visitors for over 35 years! To find us from the Parkway, walk behind McDonalds through Fountain Plaza and down to River Road OR take a short stroll along the Riverwalk from the Aquarium (about 2 blocks) We'll be waiting for you in the shadows...
Ocala
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Inexpensive Fun”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a must see on a back road. We came across this by exploring the area. My wife seen a couple leaving where a terrified woman who was with a laughing gentleman was exiting the mansion. We decided to enter and were followed by another couple who made it an much more enjoyable experience. A must see especially with the better half.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Bob R

Mason, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“It Don't Bring Me Flowers...Anymore.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not to show my age, but I remember Gatlinburg when they had the old Ripley's museum and I remember the first year the Mysterious Mansion came out. I was probably eight and saw the pamphlet about the place. My excitement built. I begged my parents, oh please oh please can we go! They were cool and took me. If you look at the picture of the place, you can see an upstairs window. A cloaked figure would walk in front of it, turn, and flash you. It was a skeleton with glowing red eyes! The first few rooms were cool because of secret passages and picking the right door-type mazes. There was a wishing well that when you threw coins in it, another skeleton would yell at you for being a cheapskate. There was the floor that fell, which got my mother grabbing strangers to tell them to walk out on it. It was great memories. Well, I'm not a kid anymore and the magic is gone. It's nice to reflect but they've put in cheesy effects. But I don't really go to haunted houses anymore either, so why have the anticipation? Enjoy it!

Visited February 2013
5 Thank Rhenium769
Dayton, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Old Fashioned Haunted House”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a classic Haunted House Attraction. It is hidden off the Parkway back on River Road, but it is worth the walk. Old fashioned haunted house fun.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ron F
Glasgow, Kentucky
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“It's alright.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a pretty good attraction. There is however a lot that could be done to improve this attraction. hey have cut some of the house off that should be used for more scenes. But overall it's okay.

Elyria, Ohio, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Typical cheesy fun!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Outside is really cool/creepy at night! The first room was the best (although they need to improve their speaker system.) After that, typical haunted house stuff. No gore, but plenty of suspense.

Visited November 2012