“Really Scary?? WHAT?”

Mysterious Mansion
Ranked #5 of 20 Fun & Games in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We invite you to experience Gatlinburg's OLDEST and SCARIEST haunted house! Mysterious Mansion is a self guided tour of a classic "turn of the century" three story haunted mansion. Find your way through secret passageways, winding staircases, and creepy dark corridors never knowing what restless, rotting residents might be lurking around the corner in each foreboding room ahead...Or BEHIND YOU! Join us and release your screams in Gatlinburgs original Haunted House, IF YOU DARE! -Scaring Smoky Mountain visitors for over 35 years! To find us from the Parkway, walk behind McDonalds through Fountain Plaza and down to River Road OR take a short stroll along the Riverwalk from the Aquarium (about 2 blocks) We'll be waiting for you in the shadows...
Reviewed December 23, 2011

So this place looks creepy on the outside and right when you walk in, but all the really bad animatronic that look extremely fake took away from it. The only scary one was a Clown and the Demon Baby. How ever eventhough the Animatronics looked fake... they had one guy who went from room to room being very sneaky. This was Halloween. Thought it would have been scarier.

1  Thank Marlee S

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a very good haunted house. I have been going for many years. But recently I noticed that the staff/ actors have become very rude. For instance, we went in multiple times, and the cashier got a snooty with us and acted suspicious of us. For the price it costs to go in, there is no way I would even think about any kind of vandalism. I'm just a big fan who likes to go in more than once to classic haunts! The actors wouldn't scare us because we " were not staying with the group." I payed a good chunk of money, I want to get a good show.

2  Thank MisterPed
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This has to be my "most frequent" told story. I had been to the mansion prior to my kids in the early 80's. I wanted to try it again, now 47. Brave, since I had already been through the mansion, my husband had not. I was a little cocky. We paid and started through by ourselves. I was good until this masked monster started taunting me. Talking to me calling me cupcake and truly scared the crap out of me. I tried to keep my composure but I lost it. There was an emergency exit, that I took. rapidly running down the steps---still scared while this guy was yelling at me in a creepy voice saying..." that's not the way out...it's not over till I say it's over. Won't ever go in a haunted house again--- ever. Truly, this was the worst kinda scared I have ever been. I won't go back. So if this is the kind of entertainment you crave...go. But you wont see me there.

3  Thank SandyKountrystyle
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Mysterious Mansion makes use of a beautiful property and energetic actors to produce a low-budget yet effective haunted house attraction that would satisfy most enthusiasts and other entertainment seekers. If you're in Gatlinburg and have an extra Hamilton in your pocket, I'd recommend giving them a try!

Reviewed October 18, 2011

The haunted mansion was great! I am very easily scared but my other half talked me in to it. We went in but I insisted we waited for more people to come, I was scared enough I didn't want us to be the only targets! We didn't wait long at all until another couple came. We all paid and they let us in a room we had to find our way out of and then you wander through the mansion trying to find the exit. There were a few misleading halls and doors that were exciting. The characters were surprisingly scary, they came from nowhere! I only have two complaints for the entire place. One is about the first room we entered, it had a talking skeleton that was to give us directions. Well I could not understand a word he said. The four of us had to listen to it squeal the same thing a few times over before we could decipher his screeches. The second is the balcony, with 3 squealing girls in our group shoving, screaming, and trying to get away from the characters, I was scared one of us was going to go over the edge! All in all it was great!

1  Thank Sloan_n_Natalia