“Rude staff-We will never give our business to this store”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mountain Cheese and Nuts
Ranked #56 of 90 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Cheese and Nuts is a family owned business that offers the finest Wisconsin Cheeses as well as Artisan Cheeses. We have a wide rang of flavors for every member of the family from mild to super hot! We carry a large variety of other items such as: honey, sorghum, ciders, peanuts in 34 different varieties, beef and sausage sticks, jams jellies and relishes just to name a few.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 8, 2014

My brother in law took one sample of cheese. 1!!! And the man running the store told him in a very rude voice not to let his sampling get out of hand. Your store has a sign out front that says free samples. My brother in law would have purchased cheese from your store IF you had let him sample each of the cheeses you had out. But instead you barked at him.
My brother in law enjoyed free samples at the hot sauce store across the street in the village shops-he BOUGHT 4 from that store, my father bought 2 and my husband bought 2. He and my family also sampled moonshine at Sugarland and BOUGHT $125 worth.
If you had let him try the product I'm sure he would have made a purchase. We will be returning to Gatlinburg but will not be returning to your store.

8  Thank littlev29

Reviewed December 1, 2014

The garlic cheese was my favorite. The classic cheddar, tomato basil cheddar, and pepperoni cheddar were good too. We also purchased some local clover honey to pair it with. Great shop to buy snacks for the cabin. A little hard to find, it's behind LIDS off of the main road. Go search for it. It's worth it!

5  Thank Grace B
Reviewed November 29, 2014

Friendly and knowledgable staff, samples to try before you buy, and oh my goodness, the cheese. Melt in your mouth, rich, complex flavors that I just can't describe. Try the Strawberry Chardonnay cheese....yum. We will definitely be looking into mail order now that we're back home. Thanks!!!

4  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed November 21, 2014

If you have a love for cheese and nuts this is your place. You are able to taste a huge selection of cheese and nuts. The shop owners and staff are very knowledgeable of all their products. The excellent customer service and great prices will help guide you in making the right choice to fill all your gift and shopping needs. Make sure a stop bye.

3  Thank Denice P
See more reviews
Reviewed November 13, 2014

This place is so cool I can't believe it took me three vacations to find it! They have an incredible selection of some of the finest cheeses I've ever seen -- unusual, rare, gourmet, you name it and they've got it! I bought $50 worth of cheese and ciders! This place is on my must-do list for future visits. Not only is the all-natural selection of cheese, nuts, and ciders awesome, but the owners are true professionals, with genuine Southern hospitality and friendly, intelligent staff. No trip to Gatlinburg is complete without a visit to this remarkable little store! If you love cheese like I do then you absolutely must swing by and see these folks, it is well worth the trip!

3  Thank Simon S