“If you have the extra cash, definitely spend it...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

puravpate...
Dover, Delaware
“If you have the extra cash, definitely spend it on this stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I'm going to make this as simple (and detailed) as possible:

This place is beautiful. The pictures are great and represent the house and view...But honestly its even better in person. If you want to impress your friends or loved ones about how well you can plan trips then THIS IS THE HOUSE TO RENT. This has been my second visit to the Smoky's and this Chalet and stay was much better than my other one. This one has a homely atmosphere.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN STAYING... call them and ask them to cut down some of the trees, especially the ones in front of the hottub that block some of the mountain scenery (hopefully they read this because this is my negatives paragraph). Also tell them to mix some sugar and borax into a container and leave it near the hottub.. there were ants all over the hottub area (since its outdoors).

Other than that, this place is perfect and I actually miss it (as I write my review a month after my stay). If i can gather up the money again to visit this place again, I definitely would.

SURPRISES: 1) I didn't know they would provide us towels (and boy do they provide enough for you and company).. you can also drop off dirty towels at their office to get new ones. Very convienent. 2) They provide bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo, conditioner) 3) LOTS of cooking utensils including pots, pans, forks, knives, spatulas, (and matches for grill) etc. 4) I didn't find any dishwashing soap so I assume housekeeping cleans up your dishes, which may suck if you decide to make food on the first night of your stay lol.... 5)I saw a baby bear walking across the patio one of the days. It was the most surreal and most beautiful encounters with a wild animal I have ever had. It was on the ledge of the patio and it was a picture perfect scene (I was too shocked that I forgot to pull out my phone to actually take a picture). We were inside the house at the time so we were safe, and it was quick to walk away, but it just was one of the highlights of our trip.

The only reason why I wrote this much is because I know this stay isn't cheap and potential renters sometimes (like myself) want to know what to do and how to plan properly and what to possibly inquire about prior to the trip (e.g. possibly cutting down some trees that obstruct your view from the hottub so that when you move in, you'll have the best view possible). Hopefully this review has helped.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The idea of having a patio on top of a mountain. The view was amazing from there. And I liked how open the house seemed (due to the high ceiling and giant windows. You just don't want to leave the living room)
Liked least: Driving up so high to the location but I guess that's what you get if you decide to get the best view in town.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing