“Great Location”

Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Red Bay, Alabama
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great location and a great price, If you want to stay in a 5 star don't bother with motel 6, if you want a safe, clean, and very affordable place to stay on your vacation this is the place to stay. Was very clean, and the staff was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jake S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The best thing about this motel is the location. Walking to downtown Gatlinburg is only ~0.5 mile. However, the rooms are terribly outdated, generally uncomfortable, and only minimally "clean". The sheets on the beds feel rough and look extremely tacky, though they did seem to at least be clean. The shower had not been cleaned. I found several strands of long hair in there, as well as a wet dirty washcloth. There was a large booger (in plain sight, not hidden at all) on the front of one of the lamps, near the switch.

The refridgerater was poorly designed (primarily for cans, not for food), which was inconvenient for to-go boxes, Tupperware containers brought from home, two-liter drinks, etc. No continental breakfast is provided, but there is coffee in the lobby.

There are no blinds in the window, just a large single panel curtain, so there's no in-between as far as letting natural light in and privacy goes.

All rooms are pet friendly, but there's a 25 lb. weight limit and only one dog allowed per room. Dogs must not be left unattended in the room. There is a designated dog walking area, which was nice.

The front desk staff were minimally friendly, but generally helpful. I did have an incident with one of the cleaning staff while I was there. As I was loading my car, a man followed me out to my car to ask me in very broken English what hotel room I was staying in. I was very creeped out by his following me, and felt this was information I did not need to give out to him. I replied that I was leaving soon (an hour ahead of check-out time), but his questioning me made me feel very uneasy, rushed, and unwelcome. As I went back to my room, he followed me to the bottom of the stairs and watched me the whole way up as I walked back to my room, I suppose to get the answer to his question. As a young female, I was extremely intimidated of this cleaning staff. I understand he was waiting to clean the room, but do not understand why he could not have communicated with other hotel staff to find out which room to clean and when.

While the old saying goes "you get what you pay for", there are other hotels around the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area which run for the same price and have much better value.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the creek have a nice view, especially from the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I chose this motel because I was passing through for one night, and it seemed to be the cheapest one which allowed pets. The room was very big and clean and the woman at checkin was very nice and helpful in suggesting a place to go for dinner. I would definitely stay here again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank April P
Quebeck
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Excellent value for price in a prime location, you can walk almost anywhere in downtown Gatlinburg from here. Room was clean, the light over the sink didn't work but that would be our only complaint. Their pet policy is a bit different than most motel 6s, only one pet and a weight limit of 25 pounds though so you need to know that before you go.

Room Tip: try for a first floor if you are traveling with a pet, as the open stairs are scary, it is in a ver...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandraNQuebeck
Glasgow, Kentucky
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I went to Gatlinburg to meet with family. I stayed here because it was close by to my brother's hotel & close to downtown. I had a absolutely wonderful stay. The room was big, clean, & very comfortable. I slept wonderful. The staff was very nice & helpful. I would most definitely & highly recommend this motel because of all that I mentioned previously, plus the rate of the room was very reasonable & good. Thanks for a great weekend!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RickyDewayne
Hohenwald, Tennessee
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Presidential suite and the rest of our family stayed in 2 other rooms in the hotel. The features of the room were a full kitchen, living room, and heart shaped hot tub. Wifi was included and was a decent speed but the 1st night we were unable to access it. The microwave, stove and refrigerator all worked. The hot water did not work in our suite for our entire 3 night stay so we were completely unable to use the hot tub or the shower in our room. We informed the front desk staff about the hot water issue on two separate occasions and one time they came up and tested all the sinks and said the owner would take care of it but the issue was not resolved during our stay. Another issue was that a past occupant had broken off a metal prong from a plug in one of the electrical outlets which was a potential electrocution hazard. This issue was also brought up twice during our stay and wasn't fixed. There was a fireplace but no wood to put in it and I'm not sure where one would have gotten wood for it. If not for the friendly staff, low price, relative cleanliness of the room, and our need for somewhere for our family members to eat and hang out we would have quit this place after the 1st night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MichaelKelley
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I liked it very convenient to get to the strip. I thought it was good. The lady working was very nice. I was happy and satisfied for the money we paid. The lady gave us a personal coffee pot and that was great I love coffee. Me and my fiance thought it was just maitnace that might have had some problems. Other than that the room was nice and clean. Smeeled good for a smokers room. And was nice to go out side and hear and see the creak. I would reccommed this place to people if ur not looking for it all to fancy. We got a plan room but they do have rooms with fire places and persanal hot tubs. Thanks for the stay

Liz langlois