“never again!”

Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Norton, Ohio
“never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Where do I start..., We can afford to spend more on motel/hotel rooms. But we never do because we don't need a lot when we travel. Just a bed and a shower. We are not picky people by any means! When I arrived the front desk told me there are NO SMOKING ROOMS, and that is what we booked on Orbitz. The biggest issue is the WIFI does not work! Never got the wifi to work for the ipad, and the lap top only worked a few hours out of 4 days we stayed. I really like that the room had hardwood floors, if the floors were laid right! One section of the floor was bubbled. And no matter where you walk you hear a crinkle sound. So forget about getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, because you will wake up everyone else in the room. One of the maids opened up our door when we were in the room without knocking. And he didn't even apologize. I was even nice about it! Then he was pushy telling us he would be back in 15 minutes. The room was clean for the most part. The back of the toilet didn't look like it was wiped down. There is no hot water in the morning, so we just learned real quick to take our showers at night. This motel is in a bad area of town. We were constantly looking outside to check on our car. I did not feel comfortable leaving our electronics or anything valuable in the room. We locked these things in our trunk when we were not in the room. The exterior of the building needs help big time. And little things would make a big difference; trimming the bushes, pulling weeds, power washing the building and sidewalks. Come on people, take some pride in your business! There is an ice machine that is broke, either fix it or throw it away! It is leaking water all over the place. There is an ice machine that works on the other side. There is an nasty dumpster at the edge of the parking lot and dirty old mattresses that the trash company did not take. This was the worst motel we have ever stayed in. The good news is the staff did authorize us to end our stay two days sooner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JenniferEsterle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
RESACA,GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a pet friendly motel that doesn't charge extra for your pet being with you.It is clean,convenient,free wifi.The staff are super,I was early getting to the motel but it was no problem.They let me check in after about five minutes to verify my room was ready.

Room Tip: schedule a couple of months ahead if you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

booked through expedia unpublished rates... was listed as a 3 star hotel... I wouldn't give it a 1 star. Hotel desk was nice but hotel is seriously run down. I was scared to fall asleep. Hotel is not in the the best of neighborhoods. I was so upset w expedia and their policy with unpublished rates I tried to cancel but sales are final. The hotel is nowhere near a 3 star rating it was listed. No free breakfast no restaurant on site and the room was jus gross.. My husband got bitten by bed bugs.Hair dryers kept in office (because their customers run off with them all the time per lady at front desk) Dirty old mattresses on side of dumpster outside. jus pitiful. learned my lesson will never use hotwire/expedia again.

1 Thank julie p
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Julie P,

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed for two nights with immediate regret of my decision to book a room at this motel... I felt bad my wife had to stay at this place.

This motel is dump... literally. The pool was green... There were toilets stacked outside the dumpster just out-front of the hotel. Random pile of sand in parking lot. The exterior's decor shows of broken dreams and regret which is obvious with as many names as this hotel has had (red roof, days inn, garden plaza & now motel 6). This motel is quaintly set upon the worst side of Gatlinburg I have ever seen. Other old neighboring motels/apartments diminish the hotel further by causing a crappy parking situation. No easy way to get to the second floor...

The room smelled a little musty upon arrival but not too bad, the shower curtain was barely clingy on to a 2x4 screwed into the wall causing the curtain to continue to slide where water could spray out. There was also a little bit of mold in the grout. We had a broken lamp that when touched the plastic shade fell off. Obviously done by a past guest or employee hoping no one else would notice.

I did not bring a pet but I fail to see anywhere where you could go take your pet out for a "walk" anywhere around the hotel.

Office staff upon check-in barely mustered up the strength to converse with me enough to check me in.

Go somewhere else and save yourself regret of the decision to book this hotel.

Whitmore Lake, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Room had a terrible smell when we walked in , upon further inspection the toilet hadn't been cleaned from the previous customer. After going back to the lobby she gave us a djfferent room, but by then i was pretty much grossed out! The pet area was indeed disusting. I ended up throwing away a perfectly good pair of shoes because of it.
The pool was a nasty toxic green color and was OPEN !
The woman at the desk told us about the trolley and to go stand at the edge of the parking lot. There were 3 or 4 old toilets piled up out there along with the tennants of the the motel next door staring us down the whole time. The trolley I might add never came.
We were supposed to stay for 3 nights but after a sleepless night we told them we needed a refund & wouldn't be staying.... ICK!

• Stayed September 2013
clarksville, tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room was ok and clean, but that's where it ends. The pet walk area was disgusting. The pool that's supposed to be open until October, according to their web site, looked like a pond. I've included a photo of it. I won't go into details, but their customer service was about as bad as I've ever encountered. I will never stay there again.

1 Thank bob2322
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I arrived on 9/3/13 and stayed for 1 night Loved it so much came back and stayed one additonal night. The Staff was So Nice , My Hats Off to Wendy and Ashley. They are Awesome !!!! I do Hope to come back again one day. The place treated me like Family !! The Room was Very Clean and Up todate , Bed was the most comfortable I have been in a years and So Very clean !!! I would reccomend this Hotel to anyone !!! One other thing , It is Pet Friendly , My pet even Loved .. the stay as well!!! Thank you again !!!

Room Tip: Stay here ,, Rooms are Large .. And has a View of the River ..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family