“my family outing”

Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
RESACA,GA
“my family outing”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a pet friendly motel that doesn't charge extra for your pet being with you.It is clean,convenient,free wifi.The staff are super,I was early getting to the motel but it was no problem.They let me check in after about five minutes to verify my room was ready.

Room Tip: schedule a couple of months ahead if you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 2, 2013

booked through expedia unpublished rates... was listed as a 3 star hotel... I wouldn't give it a 1 star. Hotel desk was nice but hotel is seriously run down. I was scared to fall asleep. Hotel is not in the the best of neighborhoods. I was so upset w expedia and their policy with unpublished rates I tried to cancel but sales are final. The hotel is nowhere near a 3 star rating it was listed. No free breakfast no restaurant on site and the room was jus gross.. My husband got bitten by bed bugs.Hair dryers kept in office (because their customers run off with them all the time per lady at front desk) Dirty old mattresses on side of dumpster outside. jus pitiful. learned my lesson will never use hotwire/expedia again.

1 Thank julie p
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Julie P,

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed for two nights with immediate regret of my decision to book a room at this motel... I felt bad my wife had to stay at this place.

This motel is dump... literally. The pool was green... There were toilets stacked outside the dumpster just out-front of the hotel. Random pile of sand in parking lot. The exterior's decor shows of broken dreams and regret which is obvious with as many names as this hotel has had (red roof, days inn, garden plaza & now motel 6). This motel is quaintly set upon the worst side of Gatlinburg I have ever seen. Other old neighboring motels/apartments diminish the hotel further by causing a crappy parking situation. No easy way to get to the second floor...

The room smelled a little musty upon arrival but not too bad, the shower curtain was barely clingy on to a 2x4 screwed into the wall causing the curtain to continue to slide where water could spray out. There was also a little bit of mold in the grout. We had a broken lamp that when touched the plastic shade fell off. Obviously done by a past guest or employee hoping no one else would notice.

I did not bring a pet but I fail to see anywhere where you could go take your pet out for a "walk" anywhere around the hotel.

Office staff upon check-in barely mustered up the strength to converse with me enough to check me in.

Go somewhere else and save yourself regret of the decision to book this hotel.

Whitmore Lake, Michigan
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Room had a terrible smell when we walked in , upon further inspection the toilet hadn't been cleaned from the previous customer. After going back to the lobby she gave us a djfferent room, but by then i was pretty much grossed out! The pet area was indeed disusting. I ended up throwing away a perfectly good pair of shoes because of it.
The pool was a nasty toxic green color and was OPEN !
The woman at the desk told us about the trolley and to go stand at the edge of the parking lot. There were 3 or 4 old toilets piled up out there along with the tennants of the the motel next door staring us down the whole time. The trolley I might add never came.
We were supposed to stay for 3 nights but after a sleepless night we told them we needed a refund & wouldn't be staying.... ICK!

• Stayed September 2013
clarksville, tn
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room was ok and clean, but that's where it ends. The pet walk area was disgusting. The pool that's supposed to be open until October, according to their web site, looked like a pond. I've included a photo of it. I won't go into details, but their customer service was about as bad as I've ever encountered. I will never stay there again.

1 Thank bob2322
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I arrived on 9/3/13 and stayed for 1 night Loved it so much came back and stayed one additonal night. The Staff was So Nice , My Hats Off to Wendy and Ashley. They are Awesome !!!! I do Hope to come back again one day. The place treated me like Family !! The Room was Very Clean and Up todate , Bed was the most comfortable I have been in a years and So Very clean !!! I would reccomend this Hotel to anyone !!! One other thing , It is Pet Friendly , My pet even Loved .. the stay as well!!! Thank you again !!!

Room Tip: Stay here ,, Rooms are Large .. And has a View of the River ..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were there on 2nd floor for 6 nights in August. It was kept very clean, updated and quiet as it is located a short walk off the main street and right next to Smokey Mountains park. Included fridge, microwave, coffee, outdoor pool. All for a reasonable rate. Will be our first choice next time in Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fireplaces which would be good in winter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family