“Very Good experience”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat while strolling the main drag in Gatlinburg when we saw Bubba Gump. We had been in the San Francisco locations years ago so we thought to try it again. The time given to seat us was right on the dot and our server was super great! While we waited for our food, the server quizzed us with movie trivia from Forrest Gump. I had Mama's Southern Fried Chicken and it was amazing! Overall, we enjoyed our experience at Bubba Gump and given the chance, we will be returning.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We have been going to Gatlinburg for 20 years now. This was our first visit to Bubba Gump. We have a child with a food allergy and I can say the entire staff hit a home run with us! From first contact with the host, to the manager Tim, and our server Duncan. Service and food was great, couldn't have asked for better. Keep up the great work.

1  Thank Jon T
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our waitress was cute, fun and made us laugh. The food was amazing and very filling. A good time for sure!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

First off, I didn't know there was a Bubba Gump restaurant in the area. We were out wine tasting nearby and one of the ladies there recommended that we try it. I love the location, because it is downtown Gatlinburg near other attractions. My only complaint is that we had to pay for parking. I had hope that since we were eating and tipping that parking would be easy to find and free of charge. The Restaurant was nice and had a fun atmosphere. Our server was awesome as she kept us entertained and glasses filled. The food was ok, I ordered the shrimp and grits a bit pricey for my taste and the dish didn't quite meet my expectation. Sorry, but I've had better. However, the Shrimp New Orleans was fantastic. I love the sauce and the charbroiled shrimp, very impress by the number and size of shrimp that was served with the price paid. We had a free appetizer coupon which we used to order the Cajun Shrimp, which was served with garlic bread, very nice. Overall, we enjoyed our experience at Bubba Gump and will be returning. Good food and Good service always a plus for me.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

When this restaurant first opened the seafood was fresh and delicious! Also the servers were a bit more lingual and easy to understand ... now that they have cheapened the spices, sauces and get the shrimp from overseas... it is pretty craptacular! One of the best appetizers that was served when they first opened was the "Netcatcher's Shrimp". It USED to be fresh Gulf Shrimp from the USA tossed in a spicy Old Bay type spice... NOW it is shrimp from China or Tawain, basically flavorless shrimp that they now toss in the same sauce they use for the BBQ ribs... pretty crummy unless you like BBQ shrimp. The Dixie Fishwich WAS AT ONE TIME fresh Mahi Mahi now the waitress told me it is "Hokie", a fish from Austraila that looks like a Makerel fish. She changed her story though after she told me it was Hoki and then told me it was Mahi Mahi... so not sure... All I know is it tasted old and fishy and was deep fried way too long OR it sat in the window under the heat lamps waaaay too long waiting to be served. The wine tasted watered down and the portion is NO WHERE NEAR an 8oz portion. Also at $7 dollars for a half glass it is pretty much a ripp off~ My husbands ribs looked very tasty and he enjoyed them. I asked if I could subsitute cole slaw for the french fries and our waitress in broken English told me it would be an additional charge... never heard of that before in all the restaurants I've been too. She kept getting our order wrong and tried to order the "Surf and Turf" for my husband two times even though those words never came out of either of our mouths. Don't order the chocolate cookie unless you like burned crumbly stale cookies that were covered up by lot's of ice-cream and at $8.95 cents that was just an insult. The deck we sat on was pleasant But the food is really just crappy. It cost two of us $65 dollars with one wine and one beer and a crummy burnt dessert. The language barrier with 90% of the servers all from Eastern Ukraine area is another issue... it would be nice to be able to communicate with the servers. Not sure if will ever be back again as the time before this over a year ago was just as bad!