“Eeryone walked in and said "WOW".”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Wade H
Wetumpka, Alabama
“Eeryone walked in and said "WOW".”
Reviewed January 13, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Ok, first week of January, it was intended to be a family ski trip (All adult children), weather did not cooperate. Chose this place because it was so close to the lifts, you can almost walk there. The lifts were closed one day because it was too warm (not enough snow) and then closed another day because it was too cold, but enough about Ober ski resort. This is my first time ever renting a lodge vs. a hotel. Not really knowing what to expect, I was planning on providing a lot of necessities to be self-provided. I found out "I over packed". Form the moment we walked through the doors, I could hear my kids and their spouses say WOWWWW (several times). The place was beautiful. The dishes and cook wear was plentiful, appliances were all good and simple. The only thing I used was my Keurig coffee maker. But it did have a coffee maker. There are 5 bathrooms here and there were time were ever one was in use. And no one complained. (So that has to be a good thing since most of our parties were women).
Let me tell you about the few negatives, as I know future travelers would want to hear, but keeping in mind, they are subtle but I want to be honest. Parking is a little tight driving in the long curved driveway, but we still managed to fit in 5 cars. There is a spicket just waiting to be clipped by a car (not sure way it needed to be sticking out so far) The bottom master bedroom has one small vent in the entry of that room, not adequate for the space and this large room, it was cold (Had to provide a space heater to compensate). All the other rooms were fine. In the upstairs master whirlpool tub, the water pressure is low. So plan on waiting a long time for it to fill up (plan ahead). But trust me, the wait will be worth it. The big TV in the main living Room is nice. We connected our video devices and PlayStation in the HDMI port but it is bad. But we managed to wiggle work it and got it to work. The location of the TV is right over the kitchen sink. So be careful of water splashing and bring a long cable if you want to use this. With no shelf, this is the only place to set your unit. And that is basically my only negatives to say.
We used the outdoor BBQ in sub-freezing weather, and the steaks were perfect. We did the Jacuzzi also for a couple days (also in subfreezing) and it was so relaxing. The sound system in the master room was a nice accent. The bottom fireplace was gas, and was so nice to have it on. The upper fireplace was a log burner. Although they provid the wood, it was so cold that the wood maintains the moisture so when burning, it didn’t want to keep a good fire. So adding a Duriflame starter logs was a must. The location is great! We were so close to Gatlinburg and Pigeon forge, that we made several trips into these fun packed cities with so much to do, almost every day. The main office was only about a mile from this chalet and they were very efficient. I ran out of some supplies, did a drive by and they gladly gave me some replenishments. I was in and out in less than a minute. No forms or 20 questions, they just gave it to me. If given the opportunity to do this again, I would come back here. I wouldn’t pack as much now that I know what to expect. We had an awesome time. And everyone LOVED this place.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing