“Smoky Mt Retreat”
Review of Tree Tops Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tree Tops Resort
Dayton, Ohio
“Smoky Mt Retreat”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Just returned from a great trip to TreeTops and the Smoky Mts. Own here and usually come evey other year but exchaneged with other owner this year to be able to bring grandkids before school started. Got to stay in Building 5 along the creek but big drawback was with 2 tots 3 & under they were able to stick heads between rails so doors remained shut. The twin matresses were awful but generally I so tired from hiking in the beautiful mts I managed to zonk out. We did a hike every other day and played at the resort the other days. One day at OberGatlinburg-pretty expensive. Go early and stay late to get your money's worth. Not much for the wee ones so don't buy the adult ticket just to take them.
Several days after we left the resort they called to tell us we had left personal items in the room and we made arrangements to get them shipped home-great service!
Loved the WiFi upgrade and kids alternated between pools (kiddie pool at upper pool & playground at lower pool). Waterfall in upper pool not working so we didn't get our regular photo shot but hopefully next time.
Love the quietness and sound of the creek. Short walk and you are in the National Forest.

4 Thank CJs_Nana_Enon

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Holly Springs, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Situated along Roaring Fork Creek and less than 3/4 mile from the parkway Tree Tops is in a quite convenient location. The staff is friendly and helpful. But, even they can not overcome many facts. Tree Tops is showing its age. Being a time share property, maybe it is time for a special assessment. From replacing worn mattress to painting rusting rails, just a little more TLC would return Tree Tops into the " destination" category and away from "avoid".
As an owner's guest I can not speak to value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank 1ticoboy
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My family and I stayed at Tree Tops in late July 2011. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. The cabin was very clean and nicely decorated. It was easy to find but a little farther outside of town than we would have liked to have been. The Murphy bed upstairs was surprisingly comfortable, and the king-size bed downstairs was great. The view from the top deck was amazing! The biggest downfall is that the cabin is very close to several other cabins. It was listed as secluded on the website, so I didn't expect to have neighbors right next door and overlooking us on the hill. The group of cabins is secluded, I guess, but we were looking for a little more privacy. All in all, everything was great, and we had a nice, relaxing weekend in the Smokies.

2 Thank LuckyClover11
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We had a late check in and the sign and papers said to pick up the phone for help with checking in. Well, the phone had been torn out of the wall. I had to search on line for the number in Pigeon Forge and then someone came. I had a long stay of 23 days and had to move 5 times. Each time was fine and I was required to be out of my room by the 11:00 checkout and felt rushed with their phonecalls starting at 10:30. However, on my last move I was ready at 10:30 and was not allowed to put my things in the new room like I was before. My entire day was spent waiting for the room to be done. I expressed my frustration to the management. I asked for some kind of compensation for my wasted day. I would have been satisfied with a fruit basket or gift card out to eat, but I got nothing. So I asked for monetary compensation because I was not able to use that day's tickets to Dollywood. Karrie, the manager, treated me with disrespect and said that it was a privilege to stay there and I shouldn't want any compensation. She refused. She was quite rude. An apology wasn't even given. My suggestion is that they hire more housekeepers and hire more organized and friendly management. If you are only going to stay a week. This is a great place. However, the pool shut down at 10:00 for children even if they were with a parent and the trolley stop is not walking distance.

6 Thank Ann33450
Shelby Township, Michigan, USA
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed for a week in building 9 and had views of the mountains and the pool. We loved everything about this resort except the visit by someone "conducting a survey about our stay." NOT! Gayla was from VIP sales and pretty much tried to bully us into buying a timeshare. The 20 minutes spent talking with her were the only negative part of the trip. I wish I had told her to leave sooner but I was too polite. Enough of her, be warned though.

The facility is older but everything is well-maintained and clean. Laundry is free and there are lots of things to do on-site--basketball, swimming, putting, etc. There is a Food City nearby which made it nice have meals just as a family. You are in the mountains and only 15 minute drives to 2 entrances to the park.

Enjoy your stay! We'll be back for sure (but not as timeshare owners!) :)

2 Thank Family_from_MI
Missouri
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Just got back from our family vacation to Gatlinburg and stayed at Tree Tops Resort. The place was beautiful and well maintained.. It was off the main drag, which kept it quite and peaceful, but still only a few minutes away. My son even walked back from the main drag one day, and said it was not bad of a walk at all.The unit we stayed in was building one, and though it was an older unit, it was very very clean. The staff was very friendly and the check in and out was fast. I would definitely recommend Tree Tops to everyone, including my best friends. Oh, and the creek that ran through the resort was beautiful and lovely to hear every day.

3 Thank OpattyMissouri
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My brother, sister and I decided to take our parents on a family vacation to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary...We had 14 family members travel to Gatlinburg, TN and 9 of us stayed at Tree Tops. The others would have stayed as well but they could not confirm their travel plans until last minute. Although Chantel and Cathy tried all they could, no rooms were available. My brother's family stayed downtown but came to my sister's and my condo daily.

Tree Tops is about 1/2 mile off the main strip in Gatlinburg which is a refreshing escape from the bustle of downtown. The resort is beautiful...Roaring Fork Creek is practically outside your door. We stayed in Bld. 9 toward the back of the resort. It was easy to park and very quiet. The pool/hot tub area was great...just a few steps away and convenient to creekside and grill. The resort is beautifully maintained. Early every morning the staff was cleaning/straightening the pool area, dusting, sweeping, etc. The gym and racquetball and shuffleboard courts looked inviting but we were just too busy to partake. Tree Tops offered many activities but as I said... The crowd seemed to enjoy them very much.

Check-in went very smoothly, a big thanks to Chantel. She suggested several 'non-touristy' restuarants. It was nice to be able to use our lap-tops thanks to the wi-fi. The 2 bedroom condo was spacious with an adequately supplied kitchen. My sister was very pleased with her one bedroom unit as well. Our parents LOVED having their coffee outside on the balcony every morning. The beds were comfortable and the resort was quiet and restful at night.

Thank you, Tree Tops, for making this family vacation very special for our parents and memorable for the whole group. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family