“Won't stay anywhere else in Gatlinburg!”

Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My son and I stayed here for two nights at the referral of a friend and we were not dissappointed. This is the only place we will be staying on future trips to Gatlinburg. The room was absolutely clean. We couldn't find dust, dirt, or anything else. The beds were comfortable although you may want to bring an extra pillow. It was very quiet and the owners and staff were very friendly. The pool was heated and very clean as well. It is in a great location being only about a 5 minute walk to the main drag. Each room has its own assigned parking space near the door to each unit. This isn't an opulent 5 star hotel like the Ritz or something, but this is the best hotel/motel accommodations we've had in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank KFCincy26

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

For the money, you couldn't find a better room. This hotel is old, but very well maintained. I dare to say that it is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in.
Cons: no frills (which was not a con for me, we were too busy out and about to care), flat pillows (bring along some from home), strict about noise (again, no problem for me).
Pros: less then a 5 minute walk to the Village shops and the main drag, close to the busy town center but quiet, sweet little creek boarders the property, great air conditioner, awesome house keepers, cheap, and CLEAN.
My daughter and I enjoyed our morning walk to get coffee and donuts in theVillage and sitting next to the stream eating breakfast. Although the hotel appeared to be booked, I barely noticed the other guests and definitely did not hear them. I would highly recommend Marshall's and will stay here during my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank sarahg600ac
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This small motel is located about 2 blocks in from the main drag of Gatlinburg. It is a easy walk, especially if you cut through the mall "the Village" right near by. It is small, 20 rooms, and those rooms are also small, but very Cozy! Vintage wood paneled walls with retro art prints and lovely fittings are all in excellent shape. Tv and small fridge. This place is very taken care of. The rooms and the pool are all super clean. Very efficient check in, we got there Sunday afternoon and they had a note telling us what to do. My husband really appreciated the assigned parking spots in front of each room! Perfect for a couple nights stay, for a couple looking for a romantic cozy motel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Inkylouise
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked 2 nights but left following morning...too much noise and they should not allow smoking ...the front doors and chairs are close with not much room and with smokers on both sides sitting it was not very pleasant...they encourage this by placing sand filled pots by the chairs..no phones no WiFi ..the lady in the office does not want to be bothered so just avoid her...truth is you just don't feel welcome there...I will not be back!

Room Tip: All rooms have just double beds
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank roger A
Reviewed July 20, 2013

me and my wife needed a one night get-a-way from the kids and our regular lives. had a great stay . I really enjoy talking to the other guest as we sit on porch or by the creek . I met a man from Alabama who said he had been staying her since 1979 ! wow ! This motel is family owned and family run , I've stayed here many times and will be staying again in 2 weeks. always clean. plenty of hot water, close walk to parkway . one last thing . when the two ladies that clean the rooms know your name. "your home"

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank william423
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Love, love this motor inn. Enjoy sitting on the porch outside of your room and listening to the river. It's a close walk to the strip too. Rooms are extremely clean and I like the fact there are no phones in the rooms. Can't wait to go back soon.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank TNMTNGURL
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

It definitely has a retro feel to it, but all of the reviews are right on! Very clean room, pool was great for the kiddos, nice staff, short walk to aquarium and everything else. Would stay here again! Glad I could give my kids a little taste of what vacation was like when I was a kid!

• Stayed: July 2013