WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Marshall's Creek Rest Motel

Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Armuchee, Georgia, United States
“Great Place for a Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our second stay at Marshall's. We stayed there a couple years ago and were pleased, but we were treated very rudely by an older woman (owner) and avoided it for a while. We decided to try again because it is a very clean place and the rates can't be beat. This time the rude lady wasn't around and the only staff we encountered was friendly as can be. Marshall's reminds me of the places where I stayed with my family growing up in the 1970's- very cozy and homey, extremely clean. If you are the kind of person that must have a very fancy, modern hotel, you would not do well here. BUT- if you are a couple or family on a budget who just needs a clean, quiet place to stay, this is your place! We live a couple hours away from the Smokies and visit fairly often. We will definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom unit is really nice- more room! BUt the smaller rooms are fine, too.
2 Thank SmallFamilyBigWorld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

nice family owned place, this was our second time staying here, will stay many more times. The rooms are a little small , but clean ! had flat screen tv's , We love the screen doors on all the rooms . and within easy walking distance to the parkway . about a block from the Donut friar that opens at 5am , good coffee and donuts .

Room Tip: they are all good , they do have 1 larger room with 2 bedrooms just ask.
1 Thank william423
Supply, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have traveled to Gatlinburg, TN many times for vacation. My last time was with my parents who always stay at Marshall's Creek Rest Motel. I enjoy staying there simply because it is a small family-owned motel that is not trying to be anything fancy, just a good place to stay. It reminds me of when I was a little boy and we traveled. In the 60's, all the motels were basically like this, prior to the large chain hotels coming to more rural areas. The rooms are simple but clean. There is a refrigerator, microwave and nice flat screen TV in the rooms. The staff is always ready to help out. The other guests are most likely to be seen sitting in front of their rooms in the chairs provided so people can get to meet each other. That part I like. If you like a simple, clean, somewhat "retro" experience, this place is for you.

Room Tip: The rooms we we stayed in had 2 beds, but there was an adjoining room available for a small fee so 3...
2 Thank Tony N
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I used to visit Gatlinburg, often. We used to stay at the Park Vista. Well, we haven't been in 9 years, Since then, Park Vista has been updated....along with their prices. Too much, just for a room to sleep in, which is all you're going to need it for when staying in Gatlinburg. So, I went to Trip Advisor to take a look at what some folks had to say about some other places. Everybody had great things to say about Marshall's, and there were a few photos posted by previous guests. Marshall's looks like the kind of motels that my family stayed in when we travelled the U.S. when I was a kid, so, I thought it would be kind of cool to let our young son experience that on his first trip to Gatlinburg. We didn't know what to really expect, but I can tell you this much, Marshall's far exceeded our expectations. The staff is wonderful. The owners are wonderful. The place is spotlessly clean. It is quiet and relaxing and only a few blocks off of the main drag in Gatlinburg. It's a short walk from the motel to the main drag, and you come out smack dab in the middle of the main drag. This place is great. I would put in more positive comments, but, I don't want all of you rushing to book here, as we will be back and we don't want all of the rooms taken up. As far as I'm concerned, Marshall's is the ONLY place that we will stay during our future trips to Gatlinburg. We stayed 6 nights for LESS than we would have paid for just 2 nights at the Park Vista!!! What a super value, and, no phones, no wi-fi, just a nice, quiet, clean place to relax. That's what a vacation should be. Unplug and unwind. That's exactly what we did. Marshall's is perfect.

Room Tip: Book as far in advance as you can. There are only 20 rooms and the place is always full.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MissouriTravelFamily
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our family has been staying here on and off for the last 50 years. Always clean, pleasant and everything in working order. Think the same family has owned it for 3 generations. Close to downtown too. Older motel with no internet or breakfast, but the coffees always hot in the morning!

1 Thank PTCruisin2009
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for a night during spring break and just loved it. You truly feel you have been time warped into in 1955. The screen door, the light over your room when you arrive, the little shelf between the beds for the phone long gone, all very charming. My only disappointment is they require a 3 night minimum stay starting in May, so we can't stay here for weekend summer get-a-ways. If you want brand new everything, then this is not your place, but if you want to experience a place that has been well kept and lets you see how your parents use to vacation, then this place is for you.

Room Tip: They all look like good rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Trenton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were so pleased to find that Marshall's Creek had a room available for our stay during Thanksgiving week. It is an older hotel without all the whistles. It doesn't have the internet - no problem - if you are on vacation, who wants it. Be sure to bring your own shampoo and blow dryer. Only drawback of the hotel - you can hear muffled sounds of the guests staying beside you. The rooms are very basic but very clean. Great location. I enjoyed my stay so much that I came back the next weekend with my sisters, brothers and mom. We booked four rooms! Can't wait to come back in the summer...the outdoor pool looks great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family