“Misleading Facts and Information”

Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Tennessee
“Misleading Facts and Information”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

When I called I asked several questions about the property, I was told there was gas fireplaces and operational, NOPE ! I was told there was a heated pool, NOPE, There was a Hot Breakfast NOPE! The Room was cold when I arrived VERY !!! No Heat On, The room was dirty ,hair in the tub and on the sink, the beds looked like they where 20 years old and slept worse, also had stains on the beds / box springs, the electronic doors kept having to be reprogramed, apperantly the maintenance person who let me in that night we came back said this was normal !!! WELL ... I would not recommend at all we moved out and went to another hotel, !!!

• Liked — Prperty Was Clean !
  • Disliked — Room and Most Of The Staff
  • Stayed November 2008
1 Thank Rick W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
North Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2008

We stayed in room 208 from 12/5 - 12/7. The check in was quick and easy. The staff was very friendly. Our room was larger than most hotel rooms. Our family of four had plenty of room. We will stay at the Wildwood the next time we come up to visit Gatlinburg. Thanks Wildwood!!!!!

The Parkers

• Liked — Friendly staff and large clean rooms.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2008

We just got back from our Thanksgiving weekend trip to Gatlinburg. I decided on the Wildwood in based on the reviews I read, plus I got a great deal from Orbitz.

The hotel is a little outside the main attraction area. It's set off from the road and sits up right next to the mountains. We lucked out and were upgraded to a room with a fireplace and kitchenette. The rooms are a little dark with the available lighting but once the drapes were opened, the whole room was lit up. The rooms are also much larger than a normal hotel room and was more than enough room for the 3 of us.

Breakfast has a lot to be desired, but it was a quick bite to hold us over until we got into town to have a good lunch. The make-your-own bear waffles was a hit with our 6 year old. Some fruit or non-bread items would have been better.

The wallpaper and decor are a bit worn and outdated but everything was exceptionally clean. Every staff member we were in contact with were very nice and very accomodating when it came to special requests for extra pillows or directions to local spots.

Several previous reviews complained about the paper thin walls but there was never a noise issue and the hotel was full. We did hear the shower running in the next room but it wasn't annoying or anything.

Free WiFi is also offered and we never had a problem with a weak signal in our room.

We really enjoyed our stay and will be back to the hotel within the next year.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Lavalette, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2008

We just wanted to say a few things about how great our stay was at the wildwood. We arrived Thursday October the 23rd 2008. We got there at 11:30am so we could see where we were staying and then check in at the correct time the nice lady at the front desk said our room was ready and let us go ahead and check in. Thats just the begining! I forget the girls name that day but we are going to call her Angel. We came to Gatlinburg with no plans and wanted to get married, not knowing where to start or who to contact and really apprehensive whether it was going to work out. I went down stairs just to see if i could find out some information on what to do, especially with unusal request. To make a long story short, Angel called up to our room no more that 30 minutes, with a church, pastor and witnesses WOW.
I know that it may be part of her job who knows but her compassion and willingness was a blessing, we were married by 7:30pm that evening which let us enjoy the remaining time in the smokeys, not to mention that she also helped with honeymoon dinner places to go and how to get there. The rooms were clean and comfortable (cozy). housekeeping were very friendly and breakfast was good. "Angel we left early Sunday morning you were not there but here is a huge hug from the both of us thanks for all your help it came with good thought and compassion out stay was blessed because of you. our love to you Josh and Tiffany room 408 If this review doesnt get on the website please let Angel know how much we apprectiated her the tip was just not enough HA HA...and she tried to refuse it.

• Liked — Staff and comfort
  • Disliked — the wallpaper in the bathroom ha ha
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeq1208
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2008

My sisters and I take a mini vacation every year and this is the nicest and cleanest place we have ever stayed. The staff were the nicest people you would ever want to meet. The rooms were beautiful and sooo clean. We were amazed at how affordable the rooms were. The outside is as beautiful as the inside. I give the staff and the rooms 10 stars. I wish we could have stayed a week....God Bless You All...KGS

Stayed October 2008
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

We spent one night at the Wildwood on our way to a business meeting in Athens, GA. I traveled with my parents and two small children - we turned the business trip into an old fashioned family vacation.

The hotel was interesting, rooms a bit dark, but very nice. Clean and well kept. The balcony was a plus for relaxing adults - a bit scary for a mother of two young children, but rules were instilled and they did well.

Loved the heated pool - granted it was a hot summer, but the pool felt great regardless - we swam in the early morning and late in the evening.

Hotel was in walking distance of Applebee's and farther on several other restaurants. Lots of interesting Gatlinburg tourist sites to see along the way - including Hillbilly Golf. A short drive to the Smokey Mountains and Pigeon Forge (outlet malls, entertainment, and such).

Great price, decent breakfast. Again, if you want creature comforts of home, don't travel - but it was nice and affordable. I would definately stay again.

• Liked — location, pool, great view
  • Disliked — darkness of rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Greer SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

Never again will I ever stay at this place! I will sleep in the car first. I booked this room on the phone for two days, I paid a Hundred dollar deposit. We arrived late friday, paid the remainder of the bill and excpected to enjoy a good nights sleep. Wrong. We did go to bed, the heat in the room didn't work. The fireplace didn't work. We smelled paint fumes all night. We didn't discover where the fumes were comming from till 6am the next morning. Standing in the bath tub in what I belived to be soap was in reality PAINT. They had painted the tub and it wasn't dry. About that time my wife discovered that the coffee maker had a used moldy hairy coffee packet still in the coffee maker. I have been to Gatlinburg twice. The first time was 25 years ago. The desk person refunded us the unused night and only charged us half of the $120 for the painful night we used. The second night was great. We stayed at the Best Western Twin. I highly recomend them. Everething at the Best Western was Great! and the rooms were cheaper!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple