“Great place to stay that is pet friendly!”

Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Pearisburg, Virginia
“Great place to stay that is pet friendly!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Extremely comfortable beds that make you awake totally refreshed. This hotel has a nice size pool that is clean but the paint color gives it a weird look except when the colored lights are lit at night. The continental breakfast is nothing fancy. Adjoining rooms that are nice for large family get together's. Probably the best thing at this hotel is that every room has a patio with blackout drapes. I would definitely stay again if i return to this area because its nice for the price!

Room Tip: No fitness center or restaurant that i saw.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hi there gmaginny , thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have put new mattresses & 40" LED TV's in all the room, so that our guest have better experience during their stay with us. I hope that you will continue to visit with us time and time again when you visit Gatlinburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I and our Great Pyrenees dog have stayed there around 10 times over the last three years. Mike Patel and his staff have always offered us a quality stay and we will continue to stay there in the years to come.

• Stayed August 2013
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your review for our future guests. We really appreciate the feedback. Come back to visit us again.
Wytheville, Virginia
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed for a week end relaxing time and at first glance room was nice but the bathroom wasn't as clean. The room had a jacuzzi tub I found hair in the tub and when I cleaned it out and filled with water the jets spit out black. I didn't take a bath instead I took a shower after once again cleaning the tub.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your response. We appreciate the feedback. I am truly sorry about the bathroom cleanliness . I have passed your comments to our head housekeeper to make sure corrective action is taken . Once again thank you for your review & we look forward to a future stay
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at Red Roof Gatlinburg because it was pet friendly. We stayed in room 612, which was a large room with a king bed. The bed and mattress were very comfortable. The room also included frig and small microwave. The only shortcoming was no relaxing chair, so we sat on the bed. There was also a nice balcony and chairs and a table.

The breakfast included waffles and freshly baked biscuits with gravy.

While the hotel is not downtown, the walk wasn't that far, maybe three blocks. And the trolley stops just across the river from the hotel.

Overall the hotel is undergoing renovation. We found our room, and most of the hotel, clean but dated. However we found this hotel to be a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting a review of your stay. I'm glad that you largely enjoyed your stay. Were are improving our property so that guest have better experience while staying with us. I hope that you will continue to make us your lodging choice for what we hope will be many more trips back to Gatlinburg.
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Unfortunately this hotel offers desperate travelers with a pet a place to stay. The first room we were shown (suite 513) smelled of mildew and pet odor. The room was dark, dingy, and hopelessly worn out. Outside the balcony is a view of an unkept dimly lit rear parking lot full of trash, old mattresses, an TVs. The ground was littered with old blue gutter which was a hazard. Based on what we saw we left but later returned b/c no other hotel accepts dogs over 15-25lbs. We were given another "upgraded" room on the first floor with similar conditions. Carpet was stained, trim falling off the wall, and the smell of musk and urine. We immediately went to Food City and purchased Lysol and bug spray for the beds.
The dimly lit lot on the back end of the hotel was designated RV parking amongst the trash and mattresses so we parked closer to the hotel being only a 21ft RV and only taking 1 space. The next day after picking up Fabreeze and groceries, I parked in the same spot. There were construction workers working on the gutters and I asked if I were in their way. They were pleasant and asked if it were not too much trouble to move the vehicle after unloading groceries. As I returned to get another bag I was met by the owner Michael Patel who promptly asked me to move my vehicle to the rear of the lot exposing it to vandals. He said he wanted it out of the way for other customers for "their" safety. Since it was the designated RV lot I told him his request was confusing. When I refused he told me to "get out of my hotel" and I'll refund all all your money. Simply put this guy has an unkept hotel with serious issues.

3 Thank NorthernVirgin1a
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I apologies for your bad experience you had. We had to make some adjustments in the parking lot due to the New roof work going on. Thank you for your comments. Again, I do apologize
Covington
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I was very worried about this hotel after reading some of the reviews but since we were traveling with a total of 6 we needed a larger room. We booked the suite which had 2 queen beds and 1 king bed. It was very spacious and had everything we needed. It was dated but everything was in working order. Beds were comfy there were 2 bathrooms and a whirlpool tub. This would be an excellent room for those wanting separate rooms from their kids or family members. They offered a breakfast which we didn't make it too. They are also pet friendly but there was no trace of pet smells in our room.

• Stayed August 2013
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your review for our future guests. I appreciate that you enjoyed our family suites. . We really appreciate the feedback. We look forward for your future stay with us
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The red roof inn on 401 hemlock street gatlinburg is the worst hotel I ever stayed at. The rooms are dirty and they don't clean we arrived on Saturday 8-3-13 my room wasn't touched till the 7th and all they did was make bed and empty garbage. Bathroom is gross and carpet needs a serious vacuuming. Complained to the front desk and they did absolutely nothing but bring up toilet paper. The manager told me they don't vacuum the floors till somebody checks out well when we checked in room was not cleaned if I didn't already pay for room I would have left.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. Good or bad, we still like to hear from our guests about how we performed. In your case, not well at all. Please accept our apologies .
I also want to tell you that we do not serve a "Do Not Disturb" room. Which in your case was 'DND" three days' in a row . We also do not vacuum room in a stay over room until n unless told by the guest , because there is always guest stuff lying on the floor which could be vacuumed and gone to the trash.
You can get your refund for your un-used day's from the desk
Thank you for your comments. Again, I do apologize.