“Great stay”

Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Covington
“Great stay”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I was very worried about this hotel after reading some of the reviews but since we were traveling with a total of 6 we needed a larger room. We booked the suite which had 2 queen beds and 1 king bed. It was very spacious and had everything we needed. It was dated but everything was in working order. Beds were comfy there were 2 bathrooms and a whirlpool tub. This would be an excellent room for those wanting separate rooms from their kids or family members. They offered a breakfast which we didn't make it too. They are also pet friendly but there was no trace of pet smells in our room.

• Stayed August 2013
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your review for our future guests. I appreciate that you enjoyed our family suites. . We really appreciate the feedback. We look forward for your future stay with us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The red roof inn on 401 hemlock street gatlinburg is the worst hotel I ever stayed at. The rooms are dirty and they don't clean we arrived on Saturday 8-3-13 my room wasn't touched till the 7th and all they did was make bed and empty garbage. Bathroom is gross and carpet needs a serious vacuuming. Complained to the front desk and they did absolutely nothing but bring up toilet paper. The manager told me they don't vacuum the floors till somebody checks out well when we checked in room was not cleaned if I didn't already pay for room I would have left.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. Good or bad, we still like to hear from our guests about how we performed. In your case, not well at all. Please accept our apologies .
I also want to tell you that we do not serve a "Do Not Disturb" room. Which in your case was 'DND" three days' in a row . We also do not vacuum room in a stay over room until n unless told by the guest , because there is always guest stuff lying on the floor which could be vacuumed and gone to the trash.
You can get your refund for your un-used day's from the desk
Thank you for your comments. Again, I do apologize.
Easley, SC
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Old and outdated but found it very clean. New mattresses, which were very comfortable. Very pretty pool area. Front desk clerk wasn't too friendly. Good location if you like to be out of the main street area. Too far to walk downtown Gatlinburg, but like I said, good area if you want to be a little out of the mainstream of things.
Overall, it's not that bad. Outdated but very clean. I'd go again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry that the front desk was not friendly , but we will make sure that they are trained to do their job properly. Nice to hear that you liked our New Mattresses & the pool. We hope to see you again
Lincolnton, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family stayed with your hotel the week of 07.20.13 through 07.27.13 . We enjoyed ourselves immensely despite the few rainy days we had . The room we had ( 500 ) was accommodating with more room than we had anticipated . Comfortable . Staff was helpful and friendly as well . It is close to town & on the trolley route. Away from the traffic enough that getting in & out is not that much trouble . Nice illuminated pool that is deep enough & small enough for all members of the family to enjoy themselves . The wading pool for small ones is a plus .
Thanks again for a great time in Gatlinburg .Looking forward to next year !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hi Tim Lowe, thanks' for staying with us with your family. I appreciate you and family enjoyed your stay with us. You review will help future guest to decide staying with us. We hope to see you soon.
mooresburg
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I choose this motel because it is truly pet friendly. I wanted someplace special to spend my 47th birthday and this was the place for me to be. I had checked out many motels in Gatlinburg and this was the only one who would 1 accept my dog and 2 not charge 80 dollars just for her. The room was quite a surprise being in two parts a sink and mini fridge and the second part the beds and tv. There was a very nice private deck. My room was very close to the ice and vending machines. The water was has hot as I could hope for and a little bit more with really good pressure. One of the neat features was the glass enclosed hallway. It was very quite and restful at night. Both me and my little girl enjoyed our stay and we plan to stay again. All within walking distance of the strip and the action

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Let me first wish you a great 47th birthday. Your comments about your recent visit with us are very much appreciated. Thanks for telling us how much you & pet liked our place .
Please do return as often as you like, with your pet. We look forward to seeing you soon
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This red roof inn in Gatlinburg is a good value for the money. The rooms were big and each room has its own balcony. The pool is nice and the lights in the pool at night are cool. We had two rooms that joined and they were nice...It wasn't four star or anything but it was still a nice place. We traveled with family and we had to change one of our rooms and they were very accommodating. They also have breakfast with biscuits and gravy, rolls, fruit and juice or coffee. Nice place for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front face the pool and the creek. The ones in the back face the woods with not muc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello Shelly F, thak you for your recent stay with us and posting your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay other then moving one room. We will try to get better of it. Our goal is to assist in making your vacation experience a positive one. I hope that you will always have better experience with us . Thank you again,& come back and see us
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I really liked this hotel and the two bedroom kitchenette. The breakfast was average. The only reason I am not giving it a 5 star I because of cleanliness. You can tell they do not vacuum the sides of the room because there was dirt on the sides and a knife was behind the lamp. Good place for dogs. I was in room 410.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your review, we're glad that you liked our hotel. I have passed along your comment to our head housekeeper so that we can serve you better. We look forward to your next stay with us!!!