“beds like rock...smelt bad the outside looked good tho”

Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Rome, Georgia, United States
“beds like rock...smelt bad the outside looked good tho”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

After staying in gatlinburg 5 times now at the same 2 hotels we decided to try this one and never again for the price it is not what i expected i have stayed much cheaper at much nicer places in Gatlinburg at first the outside looked nice but when we got into the room it smelt kinda off but we have a pet room so somtimes it can ...then the beds the beds were so hard i was tempted to get up and leave in the middle of the night if i hadnt paid in advance i would have found elsewhere. When u cannot sleep it ruins the whole trip..this place was recomended by trip adivsor which i never trust again!

Room Tip: dont trust tripadvisor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bryan C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I don't know what people expect for the price and location of this place but I thought it was great. We stayed Dec 21-24 and just a short walk to the main street where all the action is in Gatlinburg. When I arrived it was very late and I was very tired. I was first given room 112, it did not smell pleasant so I went back to the front desk to ask if they had any Lysol. The gentleman asked if I would rather have another room. Even though I had already gotten my luggage and dog into the room I was willing since I didn't really want to spray the room and have to inhale that smell all night considering my 3.5 year old son had already been coughing a lot. We were upgraded to a room that had a fireplace, room 402. It was much better. Sure this place is outdated but for the price and the size of the rooms, well worth it. Beds aren't super comfortable, definitely bring a couple of your own pillows because the ones they provide are flat, plenty of electrical outlets and plenty of towels. Yes, I noticed cobwebs around the ceiling in the shower but have you seen the guys that clean the rooms? They are actually guys! How many guys do you know pay attention to cleaning to the detail of clearing corner cobwebs? The cleaning men were very nice. On our last day staying there my son and I were having breakfast (yes, mostly carbs...teddy bear waffles, biscuits and gravy, frosted flakes cereal, raisin bran cereal and bagels) and he offered to help this elderly woman bring her breakfast to her room as her husband was wheelchair bound and stayed in the room. Rooms included a large balcony, a good sized refrigerator and microwave. There is a large area across from the pool to let your dog do their business. Front desk staff also monitors the parking lot via cameras so I felt very safe.

Room Tip: 1st or 4th floor are best for those with pets as there is direct access to bushes
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Was NEVER told or asked about the themed rooms. We arrived at 0230 in the morning and got the safari themed room. If I wasn't so tired I would have asked for another room. We only spent one night. The king bed was uncomfortable. The balcony door kept sticking. There is no separate shower and tub. It is all in one. The gas fireplace is on a timer. No real place to walk a dog and parking is cramped. Over all sorry I stayed there.

• Stayed December 2012
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2012

need to remodel. very uncomfortable mattress. cobwebs, grey worn dingy towels....overpriced the appearance is unkempt, and besides that the roof is blue and rusted.the hotel is pet friendly and is close to downtown gatlinburg.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda B
LAS VEGAS
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was concerned after reading mixed reviews for the two Red Roof Inns in Gatlinburgh. I changed my reservation to the Hemlock Street one after reading the Convention Center location was noted as dirty by several guests. What I can say is the location is beautiful. It sits off the main road up higher on a hill and has great views from most of the rooms. The rooms are large and clean. Beds were comfortable, sheets were a little worn, but fine. Breakfast was included but was carb heavy. Waffles, bagels, cereal.....sigh. Would I stay again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: If you are not traveling with a pet, ask for the 7th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
South Carolina
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel was over priced when compared to others in the area with similar amenities. Property was not well maintained with attention to pool and landscaping being needed. The housekeeping services were very poor. Towels had to be repeatedly requested, beds were not made and linens were not changed during our stay. We will not stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was skeptical about booking because of the recent bad reviews, but I have always liked Red Roof so I bit the bullet. We were so happy with our room!! It had everything and was very very clean. Actually one of the cleanest places Ive ever stayed. Im extremely picky about bathroom cleanliness and i couldn't find much wrong here. The jacuzzi tub was great! It was clean, and worked well. The fireplace was gorgeous and our balcony wrapped around the building and overlooked the mountains. We had a microwave and a mini fridge, which we did not expect. The room was perfect. Would've loved to stay a few more days!

• Stayed October 2012