First of all, I am done booking hotels with you Expedia. This is the last time I will be given a piece of you know what hotel room, the worst in the building, because I booked it through your company for the exact same price the hotel offers on their website. The hotels can see ahead of time if you book with Expedia and I am convinced after this latest experience (since I can't remember the last positive Expedia booking I've had) that once they see it's an Expedia booking, they punish you by not booking through them directly and give you the worst room in the house. Back in the day when I first started using Expedia and other similar sites, I actually saved money. Nowadays it's the exact same price as the hotel's website. So why use Expedia esp. when the hotel is the one that chooses the room they give you (not Expedia) and what is advertised on Expedia is not what the hotel front desk gives you in the end. No, they see Expedia and they pick the worst in the lot and that's the room you end up with. This happens EVERY time. I think I saved one dollar this time, and yet I was given a room with a view of the parking lot and AC unit, dirty beds that clearly had not been changed/washed in a long time (had hairs, dead bugs and dirt smears on the sheets), used toilet paper still sitting on the bathroom floor, roaches on the sink when I woke up in the morning, a pool that was closed even though this was not advertised on the site nor on the hotel's website and not even told to us upon check in....in fact they still keep it bubbling and lit up at night so you think you can use it until you walk to it in your bathing suit only to see a tiny sign that says closed for the season, light switches in our room that don't work, and I could go on and on. Oh yeah, and thin walls too...yet I can handle hearing everythiing in my neighbor's room, but what I cannot handle is a dirty, bed bug/roach infested room. I am beyond disgusted and am convinced I am going to catch some disease just from using the toilet because if the bed sheets weren't even clean I can only imagine the rest of the place. It advertises itself as having a kitchenette...so let's just clarify. It's a motel room with a micro and a fridge. Nothing else. The "cabinets" in the kitchenette for whatever food or utensiles you might want to store (since they are empty) are filthy, and the cabinets underneath where we put our luggage were full of cobwebs and god knows what else. We left no food out and threw our trash every night in the outside bin and yet still woke up to two roaches on our counter. I can only imagine the last time the carpet or bedspreads/blankets were clean. I understand this is a pet friendly hotel (I had my cat so that is why I booked here) but there are lots of pet friendly hotels that don't equal flea bag roach hotels. I have never been more disgusted by any hotel. I am shocked that this is a a Red Roof Inn and not a "red light district" motel instead. I am so grossed out I have taken two showers and still feel I need another one. The ONLY nice thing I can say is that it looks much nicer on the outside, the couple who greeted us when we arrived the first night were very helpful and nice, and we had a fireplace. Other than that, it was disgusting. And I still paid $60 bucks plus tax per night. I am fine with motels, I am not fine with dirty disgusting not clean motels. For the condition of our room we should have paid $30 per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg. We are right across from "Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster" and also 1.5 miles from Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the busiest of all national parks with over 9 million visitors each year. The park offers endless outdoor activities such as downhill snow skiing, class IV whitewater rafting, golf, hiking options from 600 miles of trails, and fishing in hundreds of miles of streams. Relax at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg while you're enjoying all Gatlinburg's restaurants, family fun museums (such as Ripley's Believe It or Not and Hollywood Star Car Museum), Dollywood Amusement Park, Splash Country, Dixie Stampede, and many, many other great attractions, fun for young and old. Year round events and concerts combine to make Gatlinburg a true entertainment destination in the beauty of the Smoky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Orbitz so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium Hotel Gatlinburg
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium
- Wildwood Hotel Gatlinburg