“In need of an upgrade, but nice amenities for the price.”

Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Anna, Illinois
“In need of an upgrade, but nice amenities for the price.”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is a bit out of date, but the room was very clean, the added fridge and microwave was nice, the staff was very accommodating and friendly and it's hard to beat the view especially from the top floor! I received the room I requested, it was extremely affordable as I booked it in advance, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. We brought our dog, the room smelled clean, no fleas, no noise. My ONLY complaint would be that the bright lights they use for the front parking lot make viewing the sky and mountains difficult if you want to sit out on the balcony at night.

Room Tip: Next time, I'll request an east facing room to cut down on the glare of the parking lot lights a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
washingon court house ohio
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were not really impressed with our stay. I mentioned to the clerk that my husband would prefer to not be on a higher floor and what did he do.....put us on the top floor. Elevator was very slow and stair wells were dirty and dingy. It was much farther away from downtown than the ad indicated, calling it an aquarium hotel was misleading! The trolly was out front but we had to wait forever and when it did come it only took us to the aquarium. Breakfast was poor and did not open until 8, then it was not even ready at that time. Chose this because the reviews were decent and good prices...next time we will pay more for more convenience and better service.

1 Thank sandi k
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed one Saturday night. We could walk to a couple of restaurants, and two putt putt courses. Walking usually is quicker than driving in Gatlinburg anyway. The surprise was the African Safari themed room. It had many decorations that made us think we were on an actual safari. The motel was a little old, but was clean and quite. Overall, we had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlie H
Covington, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was our first stay at a Red Roof and it will not be our last. The check in experience was over the top. The gentleman at the desk went above and beyond to give us information as we requested. The room was very large & roomy. We could not find anything wrong with the room. Will be staying here again.

1 Thank Inger H
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2012

First off I don't know if we got lucky but I have no clue as to why people are bashing this place because we had a pretty good experience Labor Day weekend. First of all we arrived into town several hours before check-in time. Tired with no energy to sight see after our drive we figured we'd ask if they had early check-in. We would've been happy with anything prior to 3 but they let us check in then and there. Great service by the front desk! The rooms were actually a lot better than I expected from prior reviews. The beds were pretty clean and comfortable and the fireplace was a nice touch (though not needed obviously). I would've liked a more private balcony facing the woods but I understand some rooms face the front of the property so no biggie. The A/C was on so the room was nice and cool. In my opinion the room was rather spacious as well. I admit the property isn't next door to the aquarium but the walk isn't bad at all so I really don't get all the complaints. Plus there's a trolley stop right in front of you don't want to walk or drive into town. I will say don't even bother wasting your time with the so called breakfast. The woman working was rude as heck and acted like the customers were in her way as she did her work. I literally had to wait for her to get done with the tongs as she re-stocked the bagels when all I needed was 1 and she saw me waiting!! My girlfriend almost busted her butt on the super slippery floor and the rude breakfast lady didn't even bother to ask if she was ok. The biscuits and gravy are the worse thing I ever tasted in my life and since I'm not a kid I wasn't impressed with the waffles either. So needless to say coffee and juice is all they were good for in that aspect. I wish the pool was open a little later because it would've been nice to relax after coming back after a busy day but I guess you can't expect an outdoor pool to be open too late. Both of the ice machines ended up going down during our stay but not at the same time. We personally had no wi-fi issues at all to my surprise. All in all as long as I could get the same type of deal I'd stay here again because though we paid a "value price" things were above my expectations but I'd never pay the prices I've saw listed other places to stay here. Don't expect five star but a pretty decent place to stay for the price.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time with the "breakfast"
2 Thank B_Banks_513
louisville
Reviewed September 4, 2012

for the price its a really good value. The carpet was really really dirty, with lots of big stains. I think if they change the carpet and paint the stairs then it will be okay. also the ac was not on when we arrived so it took sometime to cool it. the rooms are big and also had a nice fireplace and a balcony. The biggest issue I had was with the staff. I called them to add my husband to the reservation. they said i have to call priceline for it. so i called priceline. they said only the hotel can do it. so then the priceline lady was really nice so she put me on hold and called the hotel and asked them to add the name. the hotel told her the name was added. i called again the day of the trip to verify and the hotel told priceline the name was added. so we show up there and the guy at the front desk said , no we only have one name on reservation. he looked like he didnt know how to operate the computer. after fooling around for a bit he told us we can get it added when we checkout. so the day of the checkout, another guy at the front desk. Before we checked out, i told him the whole story. he fooled around for a bit then printed out our confirmation and said its done. I happened to glance at the paper and guess what, only one name was on it. so i told him "u said you added both". he said "oh we dont add names, only priceline can do that. and anyways I can't add it now since you already checked out". I ASKED HIM BEFORE WE CHECKED OUT TO ADD IT. overall, i felt like the staff didnt care for the customers. they just knew how to check in and checkout and if you asked them to do anything out of their normal routine, instead of telling you that they couldnt do it, they tried to fake it. i wouldn't stay here again. stay here if you want a cheap, dirty hotel with no service.

1 Thank TajPal
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Gatlinburg Aquarium Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies
To let you know since you booked reservation through Priceline, it is the responsiblity of Priceline
to send you a confirmation no., to edit reservation and send you a reciept for your charges.
Please call Priceline for your issues
Thanks
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The prople were very nice, got us in as a walk in, but did not offer us the AAA rate, so OK we had a place to stay with our Pet,
The room had an odor to it and we had to sleep with the balcony door open, but it is a good thing the A/C unit worked as good as it did
The breakfast Room was the worst, dirty tables, food on floor, and the only thing to eat was Bread, Biscuits and Gravy, Toast, Waffles(Makers were dirty), no fruit, Juice was empty, coffee was weak

Room Tip: Park in front of the building,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Gatlinburg Aquarium Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide superior service to every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business

Thanks