“Amazing”
Review of Cobbly Nob Rentals

Wisconsin
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We stayed here in August with our children and it was perfect. It was nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg. The view was amazing from our deck and even though we were close to other cabins, we couldn't see any from our cottage. The place was very clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
865sharp, Manager at Cobbly Nob Rentals, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed yor stay with us we would like to invite you back for a second trip and give you 105 off your stay.

Cobbly Nob rentals

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
wisconsin
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I can't wait to go back. We stayed in Another Day in Paradise and it was absolutely perfect. The place was spotless...the beds were comfortable and the view was amazing. I can't say a single bad thing about it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
865sharp, Manager at Cobbly Nob Rentals, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for Choosing Cobbly Nob rentals for your vacation we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back again so we are offering a 10% discount on your next stay with us.

Kansas City, MO
Reviewed September 18, 2009

We stayed in a 1 bedroom cabin and initially thought that the nightly price was a bit high; however our thoughts changed when we stepped foot in the door to the cabin. It was extremely well maintained, had a nice kitchen that was fully stocked to cook (if you like to cook, I would recommend that you take a large skillet and a nice culinary knife as we just had an omelette skillet and dull knives to use). The sitting area was spacious and had a great entertainment center. There was also a pool table, which would have been fun to use if we were not so busy relaxing in the hot tub or spending time in the national park. The bed was very comfortable and I'm now in search of finding pillows that were as comfortable as the ones they provided. The bathroom was small; but who spends much time in one of those anyway?

The best part was the view and the privacy. Many large windows as well as 2 decks that overlooked the Smoky Mountains. The lower deck had a nice jacuzzi and was designed for privacy. We could have sat on one of the decks for an entire week and never got bored; it was so relaxing.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating; they made great recommendations on local restaurants and fun things to do off the beaten path.

Overall, what a great experience; we were so sad to leave...and hoping to be back.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
So glad to hear that you had a wonderful time here in one of our properties and hope to have you back again soon. We would like to offer you a 10% discount on your next stay.

Tampa, Fl.
Reviewed September 5, 2009

In Oct 15, 2008 Stayed in Bears repeating cabin. This cabin was filled with flying lady bug and Dozen wasps. My wife is taken a shower, and finds wasps in shower stall.
Over on 7 night stay, Every room and every piece of furniture was covered with bugs.
We had to sweep up hundreds each day. the kitchen countertops were cover with bugs.
I called the rental management, they told me they pay and credit me a one day's rental to my credit card. They lied to me! I call and wrote letters to the property manager they never refunded me anything and rudly advoied my calls.
I have stayed with Cobbly Knob rentals 5 different time prior to this horrible experience.
I will never stay again! Due to the fact they lied to me on their promiss to refund,

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BugsTampa
We have improved many things about our property mangement team, we always strive to be better and provide better services to our guest. The lady bugs are a progect by the state of TN to help save our pine trees, we do understand they can be very annoying on warm fall days. We have all property treated on a regular basis for insects. We hope you will give us another try, we will give you a 10% discount on a future stay with us.

Upstate, NY
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed in the two-bedroom cabin "Bearfoot Memories" August 8-15, 2009. I cannot possibly express how wonderful this cabin was. I believe it was the first and only time thus far that the pictures I viewed online matched what I saw in person spot on. This is a VERY popular cabin and we were lucky enough to secure it for a solid week this summer. Two king sized bedrooms, each with bathrooms with whirlpool tubs, sep. showers. One bedroom has larger bathroom and tv/dvd. Second bedroom had just a little bit smaller bathroom but certainly no less impressive. In home washer/dryer combo and I cannot tell you how much that means to people traveling away from home for a week! ;-) Complete kitchen stocked with all of your supplies you need like dishes/plate/utensils/coffee pot/toaster. (Bring your own can opener if you need it!) Cupboards are labeled so you know exactly where to put everything back when you are done with it. (Wonderful idea if you ask me!) Satellite tv in living room along with fireplace and upstairs open den area overlooking living room/kitchen which also has a pool table and daybed, nice big comfy chair and fireplace. Jacuzzi on deck. Charcoal grill. Table/chairs on deck. They supply you with a couple trash bags/dishwasher liquid/toilet paper but after that, you are on your own. You take care of your own trash when you leave but it really isn't a big deal. No maid service except before you come and when you leave and for people like us who like to sleep in, it is very nice to not have to worry about the bang bang bang on your door at 8am from something trying to kick you out to clean your room whether you posted "do not disturb" or not. ;-) Bear cub came right up next to our deck first night there!! VERY VERY VERY quiet......you have neighbors so you aren't "alone" but you are secluded enough with this cabin that it seems like you are miles away from the next person. Can see how one could have trouble in winter weather climbing hill and driveway to house so keep that in mind. About 20-25 minute drive into Gatliburg.....traffic pending. My advice would be if you want this in the Summer or Fall, book EARLY. This cabin is a favorite of many people and books up really fast!!!! I certainly see why now. It was possibly one of the best vacations I have ever had. So peaceful and relaxing. It was just like you were home.....and that is hard to get when you are several states away from there so I think Cobbly Nob deserves BIG KUDOS for this property alone!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank superjulesrn
Thank you for choosing Cobbly Nob Rentals we appreciate your buisness and your wonderful comments and hope to have you back very soon so we would like to offer you a 10%discount on your next stay with us.

Thanks again
Cobbly Nob rentals
tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Upon arrival we found dirty dish water in the sink, the couch had drink stains all over it and God knows what else, we had to put towels down before we could even sit on it. The rugs were very dirty, the towels were stained and dingy. The toilet was dirty. And on their website it said my cabin would be secluded and would have a view. I had a view of the three way road in front of my cabin which people kept pulling into our driveway, so no view and no privacy. Save your money and got to a cheap hotel because I have seen better and more sanitary conditions in hotel rooms. I could also hear the people arguing in the cabin above mine.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank janicedaniel
We apologize that your stay was not what you wanted, we have many property's that offer great views and privacy, we would be glad to help you find that perfect cabin for you, we would also like to extend a 10% discount on a future stay with us.

Montgomery Village, MD
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed at the Eagle's Roost cabin for our honeymoon. The cabin is just perfect for a honeymoon or romantic weekend. It has all of the amenities of home, full kitchen, large comfy bed, propane grill, washer/dryer, full bathroom, jacuzzi tub with waterfall, private hot tub on the deck, fireplace etc etc. At first we were a little disappointed there was another cabin right near by, but the way the cabins are situated, our deck had tremendous privacy and we soon forgot there was another nearby. The deck was excellent for relaxing in the hot tub or drinking a glass of wine as the sun went down. The place was very clean upon check in.
The place is pretty easy to access, though you have to get in the car to go anywhere. that wasn't a big deal as we were looking for a place a little off the beaten path. There is plenty to do in the area from nice restaurants to amusement parks and hiking. I must admit though we didn't leave the comfort of the cabin for two whole days other than to go grab a bite to eat! :)
Our rental included breakfast each morning at the cobbly nob deli, and steak dinner (that we cooked on the grill). The food and the service there is delicious, and I would definitely recommend it. My wife and I were very sad to leave, and hope to make it back for an anniversary.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank umterp1999
Thank you for the wonderful review so glad everything was perfect for your honeymoon . We do hope to have you back in the near future so we are offering a 10% discount off your next stay.