“Good haunted house..”

Ripley's Haunted Adventure
Ranked #40 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ripley's Haunted Adventure takes haunted houses to the next level. Live actors lurk behind every corner of this creepy renovated mansion, just waiting to "welcome" you to their home. That high pitched scream you hear...yea that's you. But remember, you must be at least 6 years old to enter, if you dare!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The tour guide actor very well played New Years Day (evening)... A lot of walking in the dark could use more... not for small children...

2  Thank 623miller

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My 14 year old daughter and myself went on a tuesday around 2pm. The attendants waited for others to join us but know one did. So we were sent up the creepy lift to the entrance by ourselves and greeted with the Funeral Parlor family member who took us in to the viewing room. Creepy and scary since there were no other people to share the experience with. We then were told to enter the next door by ourselves, that's when a little panic set in. Our nervous laughter helped us get through the first room where we found a hidden passage, then came absolute darkness where you had to feel your way down a corridor to a room where bodies were hanging. There was a surprise ending as well. All I can say is for people who aren't afraid of these things, go by yourself. The attraction was 5 star going by ourselves, but I would imagine 3 star with a group. Get a Ripley's combo ticket so you can save money and if you go alone, good luck

2  Thank m p
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went into this with little expectations. My daughters first foray into the realm of being scared on purpose.
We thankfully bought one of the light wands, otherwise I don't know how we could have handled it.
They had everything you would expect, people enacting scary scenes and hiding to scare you, yucky things hanging from the ceiling, stuck to the walls, etc.
Feel we got our moneys worth.
Only thing i would say, is that one of the characters outside on the street should not be drinking an energy drink...kinda out of character....

2  Thank Allioop123
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was my first haunted house. Highly recommend to teenagers, not small children. Small wait and actors are very polite. Very good actors, though do not recommend buying the light, the dark make it scarier. I am only twelve and was holding onto my dads jacket most of the time. There were other teenagers and were also scared. Uses suspense greatly to scare you even more. Highly recommend to mainly teenagers.

3  Thank Adam J
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We bought the combo ticket for Ripley's and wanted to try this as our last attraction. It was AWFUL. It was pitch black inside and was like a giant maze. I kept waiting for someone to come out and scare me and NOBODY did. This should REALLY be named "Can you find your way out in the dark" because that's about all we did. There were few corners where they had something setup but nothing popped out or scared us....it was just a scene set up to look "scary". I was so excited walking in because the first room they took us to was set up to be a funeral home which was really creepy. Then we walked into another room and they had this really cool picture that looked like someone was inside banging on it trying to get out. After that they brought us into a room that had a video screen on a door of a guy trying to kill someone with a chainsaw and the chainsaw was actually coming out the side of the door. I thought FOR SURE that someone was going to bust open the door and chase us with it....but they didn't lol. After that we went into a room and it was completely pitch black. From then on all we did was feel the sides of the wall to find our way around. Nothing was scary, nothing jumped out, nothing even happened. I actually even walked in the front to guide everyone and I am the biggest baby when it comes to "haunted houses". Do yourself a favor and skip this. You will be very dissapointed that you wasted money on this.

3  Thank AndreaGruening04