“Needs a lot of work...”

Ripley's Haunted Adventure
Ranked #41 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ripley's Haunted Adventure takes haunted houses to the next level. Live actors lurk behind every corner of this creepy renovated mansion, just waiting to "welcome" you to their home. That high pitched scream you hear...yea that's you. But remember, you must be at least 6 years old to enter, if you dare!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have walked by this attraction for weeks wanting to go and finally went yesterday twice. The first time I was in front of the group and was so focused on trying to find my way through since it's COMPLETELY dark that I didn't get to see or pay attention to what was around me. I went a second time later that day, and it was better being in the back more but still CHEAP. I get in for free luckily, but I would never waste $15 on this. There's so many parts that have cages or rooms where you can tell there is SUPPOSED to be something there but it's empty. And there was only one live person the first time around (other than the host in the beginning) and then the second time there was two. Not scary, not entertaining, just really dark. IF they have more "family members" as they put it, and if they actually filled the attraction, it might be something I would pay to go to. But for now, glad I got it for free....

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I took a friend during October for the Halloween Season. I was told that they really went all out during October. Wrong!!! I was really disappointed. It was almost the same as when I went about 10 yrs. ago. Plus it was lite up inside so much that I saw things that were supposed to be hidden: like wires, ladders, missing ceiling tiles. I will not return unless it were to get a major over haul & major work inside. Sorry Ripley's.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love scary things and we went right at Halloween ......and not impressed. There were only two real ppl in the attraction.......so yeah that sucked. Nothing really scary or even shocking.......glad we got in for free or I woulda been mad!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Walking past by this place one of the actors outside decided he would scare our 4 year old boy who was mind his own business walking past there with us. Our son obviously got terrified and even had a hard time passing by there again the next day. I think their actors should not be allowed to scare little children for their amusement !!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Guide was extremely rude. Haunted house was not scary and seemed very cheep. We were treated very very poorly. SKIP IT!!! Terrible